PDA

View Full Version : Favourite crystals.

mysticmanth
18-10-2008, 03:39
Whats your favourites??
I feel like going on a crystal shopping spree, i havent bought any in over a month...how bad is that lol.
x x x x

jacquig
18-10-2008, 04:12
My Favourites change but at the moment I'm lovin my Selinite, but I always go back to Lapis & Sodalite........then theres howlite and hematite and....................................oh theres soooooooo many

Jacqui

Shadow213
18-10-2008, 05:08
i love every stone that i own as my collection is still growing but as far as faveorite i really dont have any, although I am inlove with my obsidian atm

faunabay
18-10-2008, 05:22
Like alot of people my favorites change as my moods change. :laugh: But I agree with jacquig, Selenite is one of my favs right now.....and green kyanite. Right now I seem to be drawn to green and whitish stones. (shrug)

Of course though I just go through my huge bowl of stones when I feel the need and pull out which ever ones grab my attention.

avalonian
18-10-2008, 05:23
I think it would have to be clear quartz for me, especially when it has rainbows in it. Closely followed by fluorite and amethyst. And Rose Quartz.

My favourite to wear would be my amber pendant, I seem to wear it more than all my others put together. Which is odd, now I think about it, as it is the only amber I have.

mysticmonkey
18-10-2008, 07:27
Fluorite and Calcite are my currently favs.

I'm currently coveting some Selenite and Onyx pieces but don't own any yet.

Starshower
18-10-2008, 08:30
At the moment I love my gentle, soothing pink manango calcite, soft green amazonite & fluorite, and twilight-sky-hued sodalite best.
I've been sleeping better with selections of them under my pillow, and selenite too (named after the moon goddess!)

Is it placebo - or do they 'work' in some other way, I wonder?
Perhaps their beauty, combined by my positive attitude, help stimulate my own healing mechanisms...
I'm extremely interested to learn more.

However, although I enjoy my lovely obsidian (amorphous natural glass) amber (tree resin) and gorgeous pink opals - they are are NOT CRYSTALS!

Their structure is not crystalline, so I do get cross that they are wrongly called 'crystals' in so many misleading 'new age' books (including 'The Crystal Bible' by Judy Hall, which has several big mistakes.)

Anyway, they all uplift, soothe and cheer me hugely, so all is good!

thorhammer
18-10-2008, 14:15
I tend to evolve in my prefs, as well.

Right now it's selenite, fairy quartz and garnet. Actually, garnet is usually a favourite :) Other lovelies:

angelite
blue chalcedony
celestite
fluorite
howlite
epidote

\m/ Kat

Joermit
18-10-2008, 16:42
I love all my stones... but Lepidolite and Rose Quartz are tops... always... those two are constant friends and in bed with me everynight... they've seen me through some tough times and have become a sort of safety blanket... I have a beautiful piece of lavender rose quartz that's fist sized and rests perfectly in my clutched hand... it's my bad day stone... if I have a crap day I grab ahold until I feel better...

I think if everyone in the world kept rose quartz and lepidolite on them, then we'd all truly have world peace...lol... really though, I can't praise these two stones enough...

I'm also a big fan of labradorite, iolite, and chalcopyrite...

Joey

devangana
18-10-2008, 21:13
i love my fire opal ring, a combination of aquamarine and white opal bracelet, but im a big fan of garnet, carnelian and amber. yet hanging on my little lamp above my bed is a necklace with a sodalite pendant...just beyond my reach is a piece of amethyst. wow..actually there are small pieces of different crystals and stones in my "little spaces" of my room...i couldnt forget moonstone, obsidian, topaz, milky quartz, and of course the star (for me) citrine, lapis lazuli, smoky quartz, tigers eye, oh goodness...i guess i love them all..torquoise, rose quartz, blue lace agate, moss agate, red coral, black onyx...of course, red jasper, labradorite, jade, red aventurine..everything??? my passion...:)

mysticmanth
18-10-2008, 21:54
There is so many to choose from.
I love rose quartz
Amethyst
Lapis
Bloodstone
Opalite
Turqouise

Those are my favs....but i still love the rest loads and loads.
I find it also depends on your needs at the time, if you need the crystal then you will love it allow it to help you etc and then you find another favourite which you are attracted to for the reasons that it will help you and it just goes round in a circle.

I love crystals :) x

morticia monroe
19-10-2008, 03:12
My #1 top all time favorite has to be quartz crystals.

Others..

azurite
celestite
citrine
fluorite
smoky quartz
tiger iron
emerald
rose quartz

Jols84
19-10-2008, 03:39
My two favorites are Rose Quartz and Labradorite...both represent aspects of myself :) Loving and caring...the Labradorite is how I see myself...on the outside I seem a little 'dull' (though people would smack me upside the head for saying that) but flashy on the inside.

I have a thing for Lemurian Seeds as well, also Elestials...I have one that is a pocket companion for me for the time being. I really like Amethyst as well :)

Whimsical Fey
19-10-2008, 14:30
I also favor rose quartz. I carry one in my bag where ever I go and I also have a bracelet made out of it. It's such a soothing stone. I find myself always reaching for it whenever I'm particularly stress or having a bad day.

GreenMoonBeam
19-10-2008, 15:27
As a matter of interest, have ya'll 'picked' and 'touched' these B4 purchase?
After finding much information in the thread about MCsea's book and Alectra's
Auric colors, I want to enjoy the suggestions.
How does one go about this? Being in Australia, I am not too sure of what is
available.
B*B
Genii

sapienza
19-10-2008, 15:44
My favourties are amethyst and hematite. I used to wear a hematite bracelet every day...this thread has inspired to me to dig it out again :)

Dancinbear
22-10-2008, 13:15
I love any amethyst and citrine. Citrine is one of two self cleansing crystals. A rock that I really love is shiva lingam. It is a beautiful stone with a great history about it. I have one that is about 3" long and fits perfectly into my palm.

WillowRose
03-11-2008, 09:36
Super 7 -melodys stone
Ametrine
Angelite
Moss agate
Blue lace Agate
Kunzite
Quartz
Moonstone

JONIKA
03-11-2008, 09:49
right now, it is:

Angelite
Smoky Quartz sphere
and
this GIANT quartz sphere (81 mm in diameter) :D

LeaRoseQuartz
03-11-2008, 15:03
Wow, JONIKA! That quartz sphere is quite a prize! Some of my favorites are rose quartz (I have a rough, hand sized one that I sleep with each night), carnelian, turquiose, crystal quartz, citrine, mookaite, labradorite, blue moonstone, greenish blue and pink opals, amethyst and tiger eye. I could name a bunch more, but that would fill up a page! In reality, I love each and every stone or crystal for their unique colors and abilities. They sure are good friends!

JONIKA
03-11-2008, 15:14
Lea
it is!!! I got it on ebay :D It's not clear, but that doesn't matter.

HarmonyWind
14-01-2009, 15:37
I really like Shattukite. Does anyone else have any experience with it? I find it to be both soothing/calming as well as uplifting and joyful for me. I have some from Arizona that is said to be Shattuckite/Ajoite. It played a significant role in healing some back pain at one point. I ended up so happy that I didn't even care about the pain anymore. The change in attitude was awesome.

I also find myself drawn to carnelian, amethyst, and smokey/citrine, clear quartz, and anything blue.

Beautiful Luna
16-01-2009, 15:19
amethyst,citrine,rose quartz,turquoise.. ect ect the list goes on and on :)

cardlady22
16-01-2009, 23:47
At the moment, I'm drawn to stones with colors like ajoite, amazonite, malachite-chrysocolla, & shattuckite.

But, my favorite is an amethyst that my husband faceted for me into an emerald cut. I call it my amethyst door!

HearthCricket
17-01-2009, 00:23
I love all my crystals, but at the moment I seem most drawn to:

Golden Calcite
Ametrine
Citrine
Smokey Quartz
Rose Quartz
Garnet
Turquoise
Flourite

It is really cool to see all of us working with different crystals and how we change throughout the days/weeks/months to what calls to us the most!

diane drizzy
17-01-2009, 01:03
Right now I'm in love with amber. I'm waiting for a pair of butterscotch earrings in the mail and I'm dying to get some green amber.
I also love snowflake obsidian, the patterns fascinate me. Same with labradorite, I hold it up to the light and lose myself in it.

DellArtista
07-02-2009, 08:34
What's been my number one for years now no matter what I'm working on/with & no matter what else is going on is yellow obsidian. (I love obsidian in general... snowflake obsidian, etc).

I seem to work with & carry tigers eye constantly & that one ranks up there for me too. As well as rose quartz like many others have mentioned... and I quite love clear quartz.

silverwings94
11-02-2009, 17:42
This past weekend my daughter and I went to a Psychic fair. I purchased a Chinese Blue Flourite crystal point and a Blue Aragonite. They are amazing . The energy that comes off these two crystals are amazing. My daughter purchased a quartz crystal that was injected with a red color had her hand burning. When I held it I could feel the warmth, I thought it was probably just her hand, well it wasn't her hand was cool to the touch. She also purchased a Sodolite crystal and it helped her with her cramps.

I have loved Chinese rainbow flourite from the very beginning but this blue one is amazing. I've never felt anything like it before.
s

Rev_Vesta
11-02-2009, 18:14
If i listed all my crystals we would be here for ever.. I am an avid collector...with teh Body, Mind Spirit partworks each week and the Crystal Stone partworks fortnightly.... plus with crystals at work....... and then there is trademe (similar to ebay) I have a lovely selection of wands, points, DTpoints, clusters, tumblers, pyramids, obelisks, spheres etc....

I love my Selenite Tealite holder... my agate spider, Angel aura cluster, Titanium quartz cluster, Zoisite and ruby wand, lingham pendulum, bloodstone pendulum, sodalite wand....... prehnite point.........and so many more.... I am totally addicted........

morticia monroe
12-02-2009, 00:54
Moonstone for me as of late,,,well,,,not really moonstone but rainbow moonstone, which is actually a type of labrodorite. I got some to tumble and it has come out so beautiful that I ordered more. It's had a strong pull lately, don't know why.

Sophie
12-02-2009, 01:36
Perennial favourites: clear quartz and rutilated quartz, rose quartz, citrine, jade, aquamarine, black tourmaline, red jasper, lapis lazuli, morganite (rose/apricot beryl), moss agate.

In the past year or so, I've discovered amber and I love it!

Recent enthusiasms, honey calcite - yum, and amethyst, a stone I'd overlooked for a long time.

And others... I love stones with lots of wild designs on them, so most types of jasper, objects made of malachite, and septarian nodules (love those!)

Penfold
17-02-2009, 02:35
Right now I am loving:

Citrine, Amethyst, Rose Quartz, Sodalite

AngelDancer
22-02-2009, 10:32
Jet, turquoise, black tourmaline, hematite and amber are perennial favourites. I really like my amethyst dragon's egg which has a rainbow in it. I also also love salt water pearls. I was recently given a big chunky rose quartz heart that I really love - it's so soothing.

My favourite reading stone is turquoise.

Mirabella
02-03-2009, 09:12
Rose quartz and black tourmaline.

devangana
02-03-2009, 12:27
for important events i always wear my tourmaline necklace ( watermelon, green, pink and black) use as charms. it makes me feel so secure. But i love all my crystals, i used them for divination, healing and others. its part of my life.:)

Wonderwoman
02-03-2009, 17:16
I love Rose Quartz and I can testify personally how It healed my once completely broken heart. Great Stone! I also love Moonstone, It has incredible telepathy qualities especially if paired with Amethyst under your pillow.

Ww :)

annik
02-03-2009, 23:36
My all time favorite are obsidian and lapis. Other may gravitate around those two.

WinterRose
03-03-2009, 01:42
My favourites are still my Moonstone and my Amber.

Chronata
03-03-2009, 02:58
There are some that I am ALWAYS drawn to...and others that are symbolic of what I need, or what I am going through.

I am always drawn to citrine, labrodorite, moonstone and opal (especially boulder opal)

and the quartz stones...soft rose quartz, clear crystals, and smokey quartz

and I like things that have multiple changing colors...like alexandrite, tourmaline, flourite, and different agates

Vardigon
13-03-2009, 03:15
I like ametrine, serpentine, and black tourmaline :). There is one other that I can't think of the name of. It's a certain gemstone that is placed in electrolysis with a solution of gold or silver. It looks magnificent. It looks shimmery light blue, if anyone can think of what it is.

awookie
13-03-2009, 03:57
I am drawn to black gemstones. Whitby Jet. Nurturing and protective?

morticia monroe
13-03-2009, 04:36
I like ametrine, serpentine, and black tourmaline :). There is one other that I can't think of the name of. It's a certain gemstone that is placed in electrolysis with a solution of gold or silver. It looks magnificent. It looks shimmery light blue, if anyone can think of what it is.

Maybe aqua aura quartz?

http://crystal-cure.com/pics/cl-aqua-aura.jpg

Vardigon
13-03-2009, 04:46
Maybe aqua aura quartz?

http://crystal-cure.com/pics/cl-aqua-aura.jpg

Cool! I think that's it! Thanks!

Mirabella
16-03-2009, 08:18
I really like Shattukite. Does anyone else have any experience with it? I find it to be both soothing/calming as well as uplifting and joyful for me. I have some from Arizona that is said to be Shattuckite/Ajoite. It played a significant role in healing some back pain at one point. I ended up so happy that I didn't even care about the pain anymore. The change in attitude was awesome.

I also find myself drawn to carnelian, amethyst, and smokey/citrine, clear quartz, and anything blue.

I've experienced that as well. I use it to deal with stress.