Listening to music while reading

lavendercloud

Does anyone listen to music while reading tarot? I haven't because I'm still looking for the right music. I'd like to find some Eastern music to pair with my Osho Zen deck. My music collection is woefully lacking...

Mellifluous

I listen to music most of every day and night. I don't pick out anything special to read tarot to though.

Sinduction

If you have a dollar tree near you, check it out. They have compilation cds for $1. I've got great meditation and belly dance cds from there and you can't beat that price.

I prefer to use relaxing music when I read. But I also read in a night club with blaring industrial music. :D

Logiatrix

There actually is music especially for the OZ deck. Here's the Amazon link.:)

mysticmanth

I listen to relaxation music, or native american music.
I find this lovely in the background of doing readings x x

balenciaga

My cards hate when I hum or sing while reading them:bugeyed: I do not play any instrumental music, but it sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the tip.

Rob

There's an album called Tai Chi by Thomas Walker... I got it at a yard sale for 50 cents. It is absolutely fantastic! I find it very relaxing and perfect for meditations and readings.

http://www.last.fm/music/Thomas+Walker

HonestPuck

Sometimes I read tarot with background music that I'm not paying attention to. But when I'm listening to the music and doing the reading, the reading often reflects the mood and lyrics to the music which is interesting but gets annoying if you're trying to answer a specific question.

blackairplane

Usually not- I find listening to music inimical to thought. I usually turn off all music if I have anything important to concentrate on or think about.