aries in venus???

mahjong

I guess I need to post my whole astro profile but I'm just wondering if anyone has aries in venus in their birth chart.
Was my potential for a stable relationship doomed from birth??

ravenest

No, nothing is 'doomed from birth'. (And Aries wont fit into Venus ... so I guess you mean the converse?).

Astrology does not 'make' you be or behave a certain way. You have options. Your specific 'type' may find some harder and some easier. Don't let your individual spirit be contained, modified and collated by a simple classification system. Even looking at the whole chart and seeing all the subtle combinations and influences, is still a simple classification. Individual humans are very complex and different, some are similiar but not the same.

balenciaga

mahjong said:
Was my potential for a stable relationship doomed from birth??

Venus in Aries generally signifies someone who is quick to fall in love, highly emotionally demonstrative, and tends to go after what one sets one's sights on. Very energetic, enthusiastic, fun, and generous to an extreme.
I am sure there is other components in your astro makeup that temper any "selfish" effects of Aries in Venus.

Bronwyn1

How about venus in aries AND Uranus in the 8th house? I from personal experience would like to say this sounds doomed.

ravenest

If it sounds doomed and you believe you are doomed, well ...

Minderwiz

Ravenest and I have had our differences in the past but in this case we are at one.

Firstly, Venus in Aries has only weak significance on it's own. All that can be said is that Venus is in it's detriment and therefore MAY lead to some issues in terms of what Venus signifies in your chart. However this weakness may well be compensated by other factors, even Venus ones, such as it's angularity, speed, position relative to the Sun, aspects, house placement, etc. There are, of course, other planets in your chart and these may also provide any necessary compensation for a possibly weak Venus.

Secondly, if you are interested in your relationships, then you should be looking at the seventh house ruler, any planets in the seventh (and their aspects) and possibly the ruler of any other sign in the seventh. For romance you should look at the fifth (ruler,etc). Venus may well be taken into consideration, either because it's in this list or because of its general signifcance to relationships but the point to note is that there are other significators of relationships, not just Venus.

Thirdly, Uranus in the eighth has again weak significance unless there are links to other planets. Uranus generally has only weak influence unless it is in very close aspect to a planet or important point, such as the Ascendant or MC.

Finally, If you believe you are doomed in relationships, then you have a self fulfilling prophesy. Astrology gives predispositions, it does not determine. Indeed if it did, there would be no point to it. It's because it helps you to learn about and then address any issues that you have that if is worth the effort.

balenciaga

Uranus in 8th house: the material/money does not particularly concern the individual. Sort of careless about it or would gladly give it all away. One's emotional life is sometimes important, sometimes not, as if one "blows hot and cold". I guess the key here is to find the right partner, and to check the strength in the rest of your chart:)

Bronwyn1

Thank-you guys! You're all right, it's like when I read cards, nothing is set in stone and it's up to you to make changes instead of self fulfilled prophesies.

Bronwyn

mahjong

I don't have any planets in the 5th house for romance ewwwwww...is this not good?
I have Sun in Taurus 3rd house
Moon in Cancer 6th house
Mercury in Gemini 4th house
Venus in Aries 2nd house
Mars in Leo 7th house
Jupiter in Aquarius 1st house
Saturn in Capricorn 12th House
Uranus in Leo 7th house
Neptune in Scorpio 8th house
Pluto in Virgo 7th house
Node in Virgo 7th house

Minderwiz

Mahjong,

There are 7 planets (not counting the outer 3) and 12 houses. This means that everyone has a house or houses which are not tenanted. Look at the sign on the cusp of the 5th, then look for the planet that rules that sign. That planet by dignity, placement and aspect will give you some indication about 5th house matters (which are more than just romance). If the 5th straggles two signs (which is likely) then also consider the ruler of the second sign.

Some Astrologers might also consider planets inthe opposite house (the eleventh).

From your description it seems that the fifth house cusp is in Gemini or possibly Cancer. This means that you are considering Mercury and the Moon (assuming part of the fifth is in Cancer). Mercury is strong in your chart, being in its own sign and also angular in the fourth. The Moon is not quite as strong but is in its own sign, so has lots of essential dignity.

You should have no problems with fifth house matters.