Ug! My dog ate my tarot cards!

hippiewitchie

I left the poor creature alone for 20 minutes to pick my daughter up from work and he went bonkers. Among the the items that he trashed was a deck of my cards that I left in their box on the coffee table. Mostly they were scattered around but about 6 cards were apparently lunch.

Any ideas of what I can do w/ what is left of my deck? Besides 72 pretty bookmarks- I read, but try hard not to have 72 of them going at once :)

brenmck

The first thing I'd do is determine which cards he ate. But you've already done that. :cool:

And you're bound to get some suggestions to read other events from him over the next few days, but not from me!

Anonymous

mysticmanth

Oh no. I would be gutted if something happened to my tarot cards. x x

afrosaxon

well...you could get a replacement deck and use the old ones to supplement any problems with the new deck.

As for your doggie...I hope he's okay!

I'd do a reading based on the cards he ate; there's a message in there for you. :D

take care of you and the furbaby.

T.

jenn

hippiewitchie said:
I left the poor creature alone for 20 minutes to pick my daughter up from work and he went bonkers. Among the the items that he trashed was a deck of my cards that I left in their box on the coffee table. Mostly they were scattered around but about 6 cards were apparently lunch.

Any ideas of what I can do w/ what is left of my deck? Besides 72 pretty bookmarks- I read, but try hard not to have 72 of them going at once :)
Sorry to hear about your deck - here are a few suggestions:
*How about laminating them and using them as mats to stand things on. Several cards could make a bigger mat.
* Put them in frames and put them on the wall. Not necessarily all at once, but change them about a bit, so that you still "see" them.
*Cover a coffee table with them - cover in glass.
*As you suggested some could be a book mark, not only in your current book, but also in reference books.... recipes, gardening??
Will add any further thoughts I come up with.
Blessings
Jenn

HearthCricket

Hopefully the doggy will be okay!

Sounds like he did a reading for you. Finding out what cards he ate will be interesting. I am just wondering....how do we find out what positions they were in? :D :party: :D

Briar Rose

Was there any chance you paid more attention to the cards than the dog and he felt it? Sorry he ate your cards. That was the first thing that came to mind.

ana luisa

By ALL means, find out the cards that are missing!! My SON chewed on two cards when he was a baby and their message proved to be more accurate than most of my predictions...

Grizabella

There's also the thread in the card Trading forum where you can find cards that you're missing from a deck or donate cards if you can't find the ones you need. You might try looking there.

minrice

Yes! I too want to know what cards the little Devil ate! Do tell hp! Dogs...you can't trust em' lol. My little one helps himself to whatever he can reach and puts it in his mouth. If it were me I would make a collage or something to put on the wall or under glass like jenn suggested! I think that would make a cool coffee table.