How specific are you?

wordwitch

I feel like I get too specific in my readings. The cards inspire a story that is one sided to me. I think I am not letting the general feelings come through and focus it too much in one direction and that direction could be entirely wrong. Does anyone else do this?

stefficus

i think you have to do that to some extent, or you wind up sounding like a newspaper horoscope. if you're wrong, you're wrong, but at least you're honest. "you have some stress right now, but if you stay on your path and are true to yourself, you will learn something in the process." well, fabulous. me and 6 billion other people, right? i could have gotten that from a fortune cookie.

i do know what you're saying, and i guess i've just decided it's part of the process. sometimes you have to go out on a limb. part of learning to be good tarot readers is to trust that those specifics will mean something to the person hearing them. i get nervous when i get into too much detail, too, but time and time again i've regretted more NOT mentioning them than i've regretted blurting them out.

Alta

I think that readings have to be helpful to the querent, something they can wrap their hearts and minds around. I do not always meet my own standards, but when a reading is done I really try to not just have a sea of generalities for the querent but something that they can use in their life.

A

gregory

I think you have to go with your gut. I have three times recently got stuff which I thought was absolutely off the wall, and apologised in advance - and the querent has said each time "bloody hell, you have a point...."

Tarot is funny stuff..... })

Tongodiva

gregory said:
I think you have to go with your gut. I have three times recently got stuff which I thought was absolutely off the wall, and apologised in advance - and the querent has said each time "bloody hell, you have a point...."

Tarot is funny stuff..... })

Oh boy do I ever know what you're talking about! I do that all the time. I think that's part of my insecurity for wanting to be more sure of what I'm saying, because half of the time I -don't- know what I'm saying. Things just pop into my mind's eye. At first it was very uneasy for me but I'm getting used to it. I have given very specific information. But I think part of it is to qualify the reading. Some people that have asked me for readings have been a bit dubious about the whole thing but their curiosity gets the best of them. Then I start with the reading and somewhere in between I kind of lose myself in the cards and I start saying things that I would not have the courage to say otherwise...kind of like half a trance? I don't know it's very hard to explain. But when I'm done they'll be a little spooked because they said I was spot on hit the nail on the head with some of the details I've given.

SunChariot

wordwitch said:
I feel like I get too specific in my readings. The cards inspire a story that is one sided to me. I think I am not letting the general feelings come through and focus it too much in one direction and that direction could be entirely wrong. Does anyone else do this?

I am usually quite specific. I don't do in person readings, but I usually get 1 page to 1 1/2 pp per card. The cards inspire a story in me too. I see something in the image and off my mind goes. I just write down whatever comes to mind without thinking about it. It does tend to follow a tangent, but I myself have complete faith that what I am writing is intutively guided by my higher powers. I do feel that they are sending me the info and my intuition is sensing what they are trying to say and writing it down.

I have been doing this for a while, and my readings work well enough, so I have faith in the process, trust that a real communication is going on, and that what I am getting and seeing is just what I am supposed to see and understand.

Babs

SunChariot

Tongodiva said:
Things just pop into my mind's eye. At first it was very uneasy for me but I'm getting used to it.

For me my readings are working best when I get that feeling. They just pop in there and I write it down. No thought involved, they just show up. You do get used to it. I do know now that is the reading method that works best for me. I love it now, the mystery of it is part of what makes Tarot so magical to me.

Babs

maikin

readings

It works better if you are not aware of your own feelings..by process your personality should be switched off to allow the higher instructive content to come through you to the person you are reading for...

Priestess

Readings

Can anyone tell me where to find the part of this forum where you can ask about a reading you have done where you list the questions you asked and then list the cards for others to comment on. Thanks in advance.

afrosaxon

Priestess said:
Can anyone tell me where to find the part of this forum where you can ask about a reading you have done where you list the questions you asked and then list the cards for others to comment on. Thanks in advance.

Your Readings section.