SG - Malachite

Phoenix

Let's discuss the gem, Malachite.

Malachite is a green gem, due to it's content of copper. It has wavy lines of green and a darker green.

In magick, I like to use it for protection, and even psychic awarness.

In healing, it is great to remove depresion.

How do you use malachite?

Kyrielle

I have heard that you can use the patterns on malachite to assist in your work with a particular malachite stone. For instance, a piece with ripple-like rings would be good for an application where energy needs to be radiated out in all directions, or when power needs to be brought in from diffuse sources into the center. Pieces with straight lines move energy in straight lines, and pieces with arcs herd energy in the direction of the arc.

I am experimenting with this approach, but I'm not sure yet how it works.

I have also heard it is good for physical healing, but that it absorbs trauma easily and needs frequent clearing. It is also a heart stone, but its method is to be very frank in its messages. So it may be a bit harsh for some people, or some states of emotion, but for others it may deliver exactly the message they need to hear, no dancing around the truth.

-- Kyrielle

Susi

i appreciate the surface and the smoothing green colour of malachite which after the pyrite (2006) i have made my stone of the year 2007 - i use it as a handstone and never make water of it (velenous)
it is also known as a stone especially for women / mothers.

delizt

Malachite is a stone I have not used very much. I have a few small pieces of it but never seem to feel especially drawn to it to work with. It seems a very "strong" stone...not gentle at all and I tend to prefer it when mixed with Chrysocolla and Azurite.

Susi

the mixture with azurite is a very charming one, both the green and the blue are so intense....

Briar Rose

I love Malachite. There are Kings and Queens :royal: that have had place settings made from Malachite!!

For me, Malachite is a stone of protection, dreaming, and strength :TSTRE I have it in my amulet bag.

sharpchick

But don't cleanse it with water, salt, or saltwater or you could damage it.

This is one stone you should buy in polished form, because the dust from it is toxic.

MCsea

Oh this is my conversion stone :)
I have been working with crystals for many years now, I did my university studies in geology and geophysics (early 90's), I was a total non believer in crystals - well new age crystal energy beliefs
until my 4th year at university - when I based at a copper mine,
I stored 70 kilograms of malachite and azurite under my
work space - for analysis (scientific), after about a week I felt focus drive mental agility and motivation like never before, I did not attribute it to the crystals!!

Some weeks later when my grades improved out of site I started to wonder, about the rocks under my desk... hmm I went to a new age store to have my suspicions confirmed, Azurite and Malachite help foster drive mental agility and motivation... I think I was overdosing!

Since I have found it works with my mind - my head, my eyes and ears - focuses and heals these areas, mental strength - particularly in studying and confidence..
IMHO My key points for this crystal -
it helps digest information
-amplifies concentration and visualisation skills
-Promotes understanding, lucidity and wisdom with gentleness.
-forsters determination and courage.

MARINA

Briar Rose

we ought to start making our streets out of Malachite.