PDA

View Full Version : Locked profile

Teacups
09-11-2008, 09:11
I am wondering why -- in user cp, under "personal information" the box for "location" is lit up green and is permanently stuck with with the words 'united states' that I did not write in that box. It will not let me change what is written in that box. I've looked around the forum, and other people get very colorful about their description of location. Why is MINE stuck and unchangeable? I pm'd solandia, with no response. Also, my email address is lit up green, but I was able to change it. Although it still remains green.

Grigori
09-11-2008, 09:33
I am wondering why -- in user cp, under "personal information" the box for "location" is lit up green and is permanently stuck with with the words 'united states' that I did not write in that box.

The location showing would be what you filled in when you first joined AT I assume, though unsure why it would not let you change it. :confused: A lot of the customizable options are for subscibers only, so that may explain it. Perhaps non-subscribers only have the option to display the country of their ISP or something like that.

I'd wait for Solandia to reply to your PM, she's a busy lady and its the weekend, so give her a couple days. :)

Teacups
11-11-2008, 09:48
I finally woke up to what was going on, after solandia told me it wasn't anything on the forum's end.... it was my "so-called-security" Norton symantec that was trying to fill in the spaces for me.... and preventing me from changing anything..... stupid, huh? duh, took me long enough to figure it out.

Alta
11-11-2008, 11:48
That's good to know Teacups. I was quite puzzled but not tech savvy enough to respond.

Alta