Sabian Symbols ~ 13th November 08 ~ Full Moon

Elven

On thing I really look forward to receiving in the inbox - Lynda Hills Sabian Symbols Moon readings!

Check out Lynda's blog at www.sabiansymbols.typepad.com and Lynda's Sabian Symbol Oracle at www.sabiansymbols.com

Enjoy another!
Cheers
Elven x

Lift me like an olive branch, be my homeward dove.
Leonard Cohen

Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.
John Lennon

I always liked the story of Noah's Ark and the idea of starting anew by rescuing the things you like and leaving the rest behind.
Zach Braff{/i]

November's full Moon is a very powerful one. Happening on November 13, it is in an exact t-square with Neptune. This can bring idealism, hope and enlightenment or confusion, mixed messages or a sense of abandonment. Of course, how you respond depends on what's happening in your life.

The Sabian Symbol for the full Moon is Taurus 22: A White Dove Flying Straight and Fearlessly Over Troubled Waters. The "White Dove" is a reassuring symbol of messages regarding peace, hope and redemption. It shows a clear mission that needs to be fulfilled, sometimes without worrying about any personal consequences. Noah sent out a White Dove from the Ark. It flew "Straight and Fearlessly Over Troubled Waters", bringing back an olive branch, a sign that landfall was near and redemption was at hand.

Hope is the big message here; hope for the future. This Symbol shows the need for hope and help to be delivered to those who need it. Although there may be trouble all around, you will be able to rise above it and find safe ground. Even though you may be lost from loved ones' sight for a while and they may feel abandoned, you will return to them safely.

Bringing hope, sustenance and comfort is a blessing to all involved. The "Dove" of this Symbol, by "Flying Straight and Fearlessly", brings the message to stay on course, go straight ahead, and, don’t worry about what’s happening around you. Soon there will be a signal of better times and relief from concerns. Oftentimes it’s not possible for us to see what is just beyond our sight, whether we’re looking into the future or trying to understand the present. If things that are outside of your control or influence "Trouble" you, then you may need to ask for a message that will reassure you.

The "Dove" is often portrayed as a symbol of the soul. Try sending out a "dove" from your spiritual center, and ask for what you require in order to bring things back to safe ground again. Some will be asked to reassure or send out a message to those who are feeling left out and needing love and assistance. The "Troubled Waters" need to be transcended; one needs to rise above them and stay on course.

As I'm writing this, it's Armistice Day - the anniversary of the symbolic end of World War I on November 11 1918. It commemorates the armistice signed between the Allies and Germany for the ceasing of hostilities on the western front which took effect at eleven o'clock on the eleventh day of the eleventh month.

This is very fitting as the Sabian Symbol for the Sun on this full Moon is Scorpio 22: Hunters Protected by Heavy Clothing Are Shooting Wild Ducks.
This degree speaks of many things; the need for protection from dangerous elements, the need to not make yourself a target of angry or disruptive or threatening elements. Of course, one should never have to put up with being a "sitting duck" or a target for other people's frustrations or anger. The flip side of this Symbol is the desire, or the need, to protect others who are in vulnerable situations; the innocents, the young, the old, those that can't look after themselves so easily.

Some will have a strong desire to flee threats (perceived or real) in the air. The "Wild Ducks" sometimes take off - fleeing the area that these "Hunters" who are "Protected by Heaving Clothing" are occupying. To flee is preferable, of course, rather than be influenced by negative thinking, stories of war on the news, talk of guns and things that disturb and wrankle and sometimes elicit far stronger emotions.

As I pointed out in my newsletter about the U.S. election, last week many people in the United States rushed out to buy guns and ammunition as they thought their right to own these things would be taken away. I believe this full Moon is going to heighten the gulf between those who are the "doves" and those who are the "hunters". On the other hand, there are many who previously supported war and fighting at any cost, but now are wanting peace or seeing the absolute futility of war.

Neptune, in a tight t-square configuration with this full Moon, is on Aquarius 22: A Rug Placed on the Floor for Children to Play On. There's a need to feel safe, secure, protected and that one has boundaries in place in order to relax and enjoy life. It can signify, just like Obama, that one has to stay in their certain "square", their own small space and not leave the rug. This degree is at once calm and loving and also one that asks us to contain ourselves, to know our limits and to not go outside of these. The safety and warmth of one's plot, space or home is something many are finding more solace in; they are wanting a quieter, more secure and happier life.

The above t-square can be quite difficult as people can find it hard to realize where their boundaries are, what's really going on and how to handle polarizing emotions.

However, there is good news - Jupiter at Capricorn 19 is in a trine (positively flowing) aspect with Saturn at Virgo 20 which are both trine the Moon at Taurus 22. This is a grand trine and it can be a real blessing in challenging times. It brings relief to the polarization of the full Moon in that t-square with Neptune. It's message is, simply put, that getting your act together and planning what you want in your future brings a sense of emotional peace as you see your life coming together.

Adding to this wonderful configuration is the kite on the side of the grand trine going out to the Sun at Scorpio 22. This gives the Sun an extra oomph. On the Hunter's degree it signals the need to keep an innocent attitude while protecting yourself (and others, perhaps) from negative influences.

The Sabian Symbols for the above grand trine with a kite are: Jupiter at Capricorn 19: A Young Child Carrying a Heavy Load of Groceries which signifies having loads to carry, being reliable, growing up or having to take charge when one would rather play. "Heavy loads" placed on "Young" backs can be onerous but Jupiter can bring a certain cheeriness with it. Carrying one's duties willingly, and gratefully, can bring rewards of their own.

Saturn is on Virgo 20: A Caravan of Cars Headed for Promised Lands. Saturn can have us dreaming of that place that is promised, but realizing there is work (Saturn) to do first, or, there's a delay in being able to set off for this "Promised" place. The future is the future, of course, but with hope we're moving closer towards our objectives. Patience is a virtue here.

Mars backs this desire to find peace and one's place - it's on Scorpio 28: The King of the Fairies Approaching His Domain. Where is your "Domain"? What is your position in this domain? Do you have a feeling of authority in your domain?

Venus brings us a clue to how to behave. It's on Capricorn 1: An Indian Chief Claiming Power From the Assembled Tribe. Taking one's authority and showing what one's made of can bring respect and that sense of place.

Pluto is closely conjunct (together with) Venus. It's on Sagittarius 30: The Pope Blessing the Faithful. Forgiveness and love win the day but manipulating and taking advantage of one's position can bring about a downfall with this configuration. Intense feelings come from Venus and Pluto together. There can be a clash of wills OR a renewal of deep love. It's a conscious choice that stands before us.

Perhaps we need to send out that "Dove" - those messages of peace and hope and love and allow those same messages to bolster us and hold us in a place of knowing that we're headed in the right direction.

:)

MCsea

I agree - I often see the parallels in my own life..
it helps HEAPS

Saturn is on Virgo 20: A Caravan of Cars Headed for Promised Lands. Saturn can have us dreaming of that place that is promised, but realizing there is work (Saturn) to do first, or, there's a delay in being able to set off for this "Promised" place. The future is the future, of course, but with hope we're moving closer towards our objectives. Patience is a virtue here.

our car blew up - we have to get WORK done to it - PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!