Stones for back pain?

wavebreaker

Which stone is the best one to use for back pains?

I do have a few stones: amethyst, tiger's eye, labradorite, tourmaline and rock crystal. But as far as I know, none if these is specifically for back pains.

rostie

three stones are very good for your back: rock cristal, rutiled quartz and we call it sunstone but it english it probably has a different name...

rock cristal and rutiled quartz is good to strengten your back and sunstone good for the pain, it's even good for a hernia...

with love,

rostie.

Aoife

In the UK it's known as rutilated quartz - a clear quartz with golden strands running through it.

Phoenix

Yes, rutilated quartz is a good healing crystal. And Rostie, it is known as Sunstone in english.

Petrified wood is good for the back as well.

Have you been using reiki on your back?

wavebreaker

Phoenix said:
Have you been using reiki on your back?
Yes, I have, even from a distance (because it's a bit difficult to put my hands on my own back... ;) ). I usually find that I don't get a result until the day after and it was better this morning, until I hurt it again... :(

rostie

no with sunstone=(Na,Ca)[(Al,Si)2Si2O8] i mean a totally different stone than rutiled quartz!!!

i've looked it up in my gemguide and it also has a different name: aventurine-feldspar/feldspath or oligoclass (or something, don't know the right spelling) from the feldspargroup, it's totally different than the normal aventurine wich is green and from the quartzgroup: it's an orange, redbrownish stone with golden refections in it, twinklings of gold, sometimes even some reflections of rainbowcolors...

link:
http://www.rozekwarts.nl/zonnesteen.jpg
http://www.luckygemstones.com/sunstone-jewelry-sun-jewelry.htm

(i also found (in my gemstone handbook) that nefrite and obsidian are good stones for your back...)

my boyfriend has also problems with his back and uses rockcristal and sunstone and it helpes him so i hope for you too tarotlady!!!

edit:
i've been wrong: sunstone, rock cristal and rutiled quartz are all for strengthening.
for the pain there are several stones: rock cristal, hematite, magnetite and chrysocolla.

i have a page in dutch tarotlady wich is very good about healthproblems and stones and a picture so you can see how they look like:
http://home.tiscali.nl/~vonhebel/

with love,
sara.

wavebreaker

rostie said:
i have a page in dutch tarotlady wich is very good about healthproblems and stones and a picture so you can see how they look like:
http://home.tiscali.nl/~vonhebel/
I already have that one in my favourites ;). Good to hear it's a good one! I've seen so many different lists of which stones to use for which illnesses, I don't know anymore which one to trust...

rostie

tarotlady said:
I already have that one in my favourites ;). Good to hear it's a good one! I've seen so many different lists of which stones to use for which illnesses, I don't know anymore which one to trust...

i know it's confussing...but what i certainly know by expierience is that sunstone is very good for your back, just like rock cristal and rutiled quartz
and that magnetite is very good against the pain...i have a piece myself from that stone and it's a very strong stone...you don't may wear this one a whole day, just a few hours a day...a couple of 5

i myself use rutiled quartz for my back and rock cristal, my boyfriend rock cristal and sunstone...so we already have tried them out ;)

magnetite i use against migraine and it helps wonderfully...but i know it helps against all form of pain, also backpain...

maybe just go to a shop with stones and look at them, your intuition/unconsious will know the one(s) you need ;)

Kyrielle

On another tangent, if it's the kind of back pain that is helped by massage, you can sometimes find quartz wands especially designed to be used as massage tools. Or roll a sphere around on your back to massage it. You can program the tool or sphere to help, too -- but be sure to clear it well and often.

-- Kyrielle

wavebreaker

I went shopping today and I bought a sunstone, a magnetite and a small rock crystal (easier to carry with me than the big one I already have). And a small leather bag to carry them with me. ;)

Thanks everyone for the advice!