Dealing with the information I get in a reading

LadyJulie

Hello All,

I am new to the forums and seeking some advice about how to handle information. I have been getting tarot readings for the past couple of years from a reader I trust. I've found that sometimes what she tells me comes to light about a year later, even when I ask "what do I need to know now?". What I find myself doing is "looking" for or forcing situations that fit the information I have received, and it drives me (and some others) crazy!

Do you have any advice on how to "let things be" and see how things play out? I don't seem to get that same desire to force things when I seek out my own answers with my oracle deck, but I am new at it and still trying to tap into intuition. My trusted reader can be quite specific at times.

Thank you for all of your advice!

Julie

Mellifluous

Hmm. Haven't really had this problem, so take these suggestions with a grain of salt. lol

Make an effort to remember the things she was wrong about or that never came to pass.

Just write down whatever she tells you (so you don't have to make any effort to remember it), seal it in an envelope to be opened a year or several years later, and just live your life in the meantime.

Stop going to see her. :joke:

Good luck!

Grizabella

That's great advice, Mellifluous! I think we should probably all do that. :D

Welcome to AT, LadyJulie. You've come to the best place bar none for learning Tarot and building great friendships. I look forward to seeing you post around the forums. :)

SGrossberg

Julie - You are to be congratulated for even recognizing that you are (or might be) forcing events to fit the readings! Having come to that realization, perhaps the next inquiry for you is: "What do I expect out of the readings I receive from others?"

For example, if you are trying to fit the events to the readings (constantly - if I read your post correctly) then that likely means you believe, for the most part, that the readings given to you represent or foretell a fixed future. Alternatively, your post could mean that you want your reader to be right, so badly, that you are looking for events to validate the readings so you can continue to believe in her and the foretellings. None of these are wrong presumptions on your part, by the way. However, your question indicates you are beginning to wonder about the meaning you bring to the readings, themselves.

I suggest that another way of asking your question would be: "What would I have to believe in order to receive a reading and then let what I am told take its course without me forcing something to happen?" I don't believe any of us can actually answer that question as it is quite personal to you. However, once you do some introspection and find the answer, then you can receive the readings from others and not angst over any outcomes or events.

Just my two cents, but I hope it helps. - Scott

Mellifluous

Grizabella said:
That's great advice, Mellifluous! I think we should probably all do that. :D

Welcome to AT, LadyJulie. You've come to the best place bar none for learning Tarot and building great friendships. I look forward to seeing you post around the forums. :)

Thanks. I actually did do the sealing it in an envelope bit, years ago, when I had a psychic reading. I don't think I'd even started learning tarot yet at that point... If so, it was just barely.

And yes, welcome to AT! :D

LadyJulie

Thank you all for your insight. :)

Scott, I think you present some great questions to ask myself. I do believe my reader is very accurate, and so I do think I am trying to prepare for the "future" based on her messages. The fact that some of the messages have also been presented in other readings from different people also draws me in that direction. I loved your question, "What would I have to believe in order to receive a reading and then let what I am told take its course without me forcing something to happen?", because I am definitely at that point in my life's journey.

All good things to consider!

Thank you,
Julie

214red

i would echo all the things above, i am a newbie too and found that i would start reading the cards and sometimes trying to make the question fit the cards.

i took to repeating the question outloud like 'the knight of swords is saying x likes me because i am honest, and intelligent...' this refreshes the question in my head and keeps me focused.

one of the things i have just started doing from the book 21 ways to read a card, is either write a quick paragragh about the card, or simply start talking about the card as if i was in it...surprisingly it worked.

i was foxed on the high priestess on a card, and so i wrote down what i saw from the first person, when i was doing this i started writing about the fact that even though your not allowed to know whats behind the veil, she is teasing you, she shows you part of the TORA , enough for you to know she has it, but the rest is hidden. same with the veil, it allows you to see whats behind it a little.

now this made sense in the position it was it, things clicked, but i had never thought of the card that way, so i guess my intuition kicked in then.

good luck Lady Julie

Ange

Lady Julie.....sorry sweet, but I'm a bit outspoken and tell it as it is....which sometimes gets me in a bit of bother...:):)

You have had a few readings, maybe out of curiosity, maybe out of fun....but then you have let them take over your life....

Looking for things says to me that the words of the reader are never quite out of your mind, and you are letting it become too big in your mind.....

I feel, typing this....and I may be wrong.....that it started off as fun, but then there was something....a big something that you asked about....and I think that was the turning point and where it took over.

Sweet....sit in a quiet room, try to relax....write down the for's and agaisnt's of what is on your mind....study what you have written...think it out and then forget it.....:):) put it away, and put your worries away with the paper you have written them on.

And if you do go to the reader, do it as a fun thing which you will enjoy, but certainly not at this time that you are more vunerable to suggestion....:)

Ang x

GreenMoonBeam

LadyJulie,

Just like to add that nothing is written in stone. So you should not 'force' a
result.
B*B

GMB!

SunChariot

I can't wait to see what everyoen says here, as I have a similar problem. I have done (and had done) tons of readings on a relationship I am just barely in. And they all show this wonderful glowing future. I seem to have a tendency to try to treat the man like we are already there in the future. Instead of allowing time to take us there, if you know what I mean. Like I have skipped some steps along the way and I am already there waiting for him to catch up....when really we need to go through the steps to get there.

It's been a real effort on my part, first to realize I am doing this, then to try and stop and undo it.

Babs