PDA

View Full Version : Hematite question

JONIKA
20-11-2008, 09:11
Hi
what are the benefits in wearing a hematite pendant?

thanks!
Jonika

Briar Rose
20-11-2008, 09:37
I think Hematite is a stone of protection, and energy. Lots of energy. I think it is also very grounding.

cardlady22
20-11-2008, 09:56
Just be careful about sources. Most of what is sold now is called hemalyke or hematine, which is NOT the same chemical composition.

http://www.mindat.org/mesg-55-94798.html has some mineralogical discussions.

JONIKA
21-11-2008, 07:31
HeavensVault and cardlady22 thank you for your replies. I visited that link => very educational. I had no idea they could make Citrine like that...I've heard of fake hematite before...

cardlady22
21-11-2008, 08:14
I learned a little bit while my husband was learning to do custom casting. (gold and silver)

I find both sides of the equation/discussion to be interesting. There are some "lab-grown" gem materials that are much purer than anything found in Nature due to the lack of inclusions and uniform growing/formation conditions. But, altering a natural stone and labelling it another is unforgiveable! I don't like dyes either. A gray area, for me, is what they call "reconstituted" where they have taken some of the actual material and stabilized it in a resin of some sort.

JONIKA
21-11-2008, 08:23
I don't like dyers at all! :( And neither am I a big fan of "lab-grown" crystals..I am not a control freak that needs to have her crystals 'PERFECT'. I find perfection in the uniqueness of a naturally created crystal...
Sometimes, I am amazed how far people are willing to go for profit. :eek:

Jonika :heart:

HearthCricket
21-11-2008, 10:09
Hematite is supposed to enhance one's physical energy and vitality, to draw out illnesses, calm emotions and boost self-esteem. It is a very grounding stone and is also used to enhance memory and intellect and is used for astral projection and scrying. It is also used for the afterlife and is often found in amulets in the tombs of Pharoahs!

singerofpeace
05-12-2008, 07:05
I find it to be very grounding.

minrice
05-12-2008, 07:25
Does man made hematite have the same properties? I have a string of round hematite beads that I love because it looks like black pearls! But at the price I bought it I doubt it's "real".

cardlady22
05-12-2008, 07:57
After a quick read-through of some related stones/minerals' info, I would say mostly yes. I can go back though a little more in-depth later tonight, but I'm due out for dinner.

The Book of Stones (white cover) by Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian
pp. 178,188 Magnetic Hematite
p. 65 Barite (for the barium)
p. 372 Strontianite (for the strontium)

Love Is In The Earth, Kaleidoscope by Melody
p. 146 Barite- Aquarius
p. 336 Iron (ferrite)- Aries, Leo, Virgo
p. 624 Strontianite- Aries

Rin
31-03-2009, 06:11
Just don't be surprised if you have a ring or a small stone or pendant of hematite because this stone is prone to breaking as its fragile unless its more compact. Physically its brittle, but I've heard quite a few stories of the stone either breaking or going missing after absorbing a lot of negative energy (according to the teller).

JONIKA
31-03-2009, 08:55
Thank you Rin for your post :)

emh_007
10-11-2012, 06:23
Just wanted to share some experience, and wondering if any of you had some of the same experience...

I meditate with crystals, and at some point, I realized the crystals were changing, ie: losing their colors, and aventurine became transluscent... I figured out what it was, I was using an hematite with it, which sort of help me tap the aventurine energy.

Later on, I only used hematite, and could feel the energy come up in my arms, just by holding the hematite in my hand for 20-30 minutes. (note: freshly stumbled hematite, I think it contains more energy).

Then, it get even more weird; some stone actually melted with the hematite, the amount of energy was incredible (amazonite), clear quartz crystal are left with "smoke" in them after combining them with the hematite during meditation. Lapis Lazuli partially lost its color to white (this gave a lot of energy, and felt very electrical).

Anywho, I will stop here, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you,
eric

exotik1
19-02-2013, 16:18
Hematite is great when worn for short term healing, i have a pendulum

It absorbs negativity and must be cleansed/smudged often. Also, if the wearer is depressed, use it with another stone to add positivity while ridding of negativity....otherwise you will feel drained if all youre feeling is emptiness.

Love and Light,
farida

~advertising and link removed by moderator~