Your Dream Places to Read

Deacon76

There's been a lot of heavy topics lately, so I thought I'd lighten things up a bit :)

So what are your top ten (or five, or fifteen) places where you would like to read tarot cards? No reason needed, and they can be places you've read in, or places you'd still like to get to. I only ask that no one pass judgment on anyone else's wishlist! :)

Here's my list, in no particular order:

1) Labyrinth at Delaware Art Museum (Wilmington, DE) - DONE! It was a great experience.
2) The beach
3) Little Round Top (Gettysburg PA)
4) Bloody Lane, Antietam (Sharpsburg, MD)
5) Hohensalzburg Castle - Salzburg, Austria
6) Mont Saint Michel, France
7) Seton Hill University Chapel (Greensburg, PA)
8) Top of a mountain (The Untersberg in Salzburg would be awesome, or the Ice Caves in Werfen)

Briar Rose

I like to read outside.

I love the beach, but wouldn't that be just too hot in the summer sun and fade the cards?

A mountain top over looking a beach would be divine.

Starshower

1) In a light cave looking out over the sea.

2) In a woodland clearing.

3) On a bird reserve on an estuary (to watch the wild birds for clarifications.)

4) In a prehistoric hillfort circle (there are lots near here - must do that soon!)

5) In an ancient yew-tree, or yew grove.

Fab. thread idea. :)

Morwenna

Not outdoors. I've done that enough at renfairs. My main concern there (besides the readings themselves) (and besides the bees) is keeping the cards from blowing away. Sand-filled critters and pouches of stones come in very handy.

Where would I like to read?

In front of a cozy fireplace.
In a semi-dark room with "stars."
By candlelight in a curtained alcove.
In front of a window looking out on a nature scene or a cityscape (nighttime for the cityscape).

In other words, in atmospheric surroundings but without concern for the weather.

LightTraveller

Stonehenge
The Parthenon
Blue Grotto of Capri
Great Pyramid (inside or on top)
Temple of Karnak (Luxor, Egypt)
Rosslyn Chapel
Under Cathedral Rock at Yosemite

diane drizzy

The White House
Yankee team lounge
USS Enterprise

Astraea Aurora

In Moscow!!!! Inside the Kreml, on the Red Square, in front of Pokrovsky basilica, in the shopping center GUM. :D

In St. Petersburg during the White Nights. And in Mariinsky Theatre. :D

In Kiev, in front of the gigantic basilica I've visited when I was in 7th grade during exchange of students. :D (Oh boy, what a trip!)

In San Francisco, near Bay Bridge, preferably on a plateau from which I can enjoy the scene.

In London, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, The Tower of London.

Anywhere in Great Britian as long as it has a nice enjoyable view.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Briar Rose

Matlock ; Derbyshire, England
Stonehenge; Wiltshire, England
The Great Pyramid ; Giza
On the Rose line ; Paris

Azarial

1.) Stonehenge
2.) On the beach of a deserted island.
3.) Next to a waterfall.
4.) On a moonlit night in the mountains, with only the moon and stars as my source of light.
5.) On a green bluff overlooking the ocean in Ireland.

Oddly enough, these are also the same places I would love to make love at! *blush