llewellyn calendar

isthmus nekoi

Llewellyn put out an excellent tarot calendar but since they didn't print one this year, I got their astrology one. Their brief intro description of the houses is one of the best I've read. Not sure what to make of their monthly horoscopes though....

Alta

I also like the llewelyn calanders, but I have never in my life read a monthly horoscope aimed at my sign that made any sense for me. :)

Ophiel

Thanks for this information. My loco Barnes & Noble has those on sale right now for 75% off. I'll stop by tomorrow and nab me one!

My favorite pocket calendar/wall calendar is Jim Maynard's. I couldn't find the wall calendar this year.

Drats.

Minderwiz

Marion said:
I also like the llewelyn calanders, but I have never in my life read a monthly horoscope aimed at my sign that made any sense for me. :)

They rarely do, they're based solely on your Sun sign and take no notice at all of other placements - even worse they assume that your Sun Sign is also your Ascendant so all the areas of life mentioned can be completely wrong!

It's a fairly low level of divination and quite a few Astrologers are even more harsh about them than your comment. However I suppose in the absence of any better information (such as a natal chart) they provide a low level forecast.

If you know your Moon Sign and Ascendant start looking at all three signs in the horoscope column and see if one seems to suit you more than the others - it will probably be your Ascendant but you might find that a mixture of all three is a better guide.

Ophiel

I NEVER read the astrological text. However, those calendars usually provide a list of the daily transit-to-transit for easy on-the-wall (much better than off-the-wall!) access.

isthmus nekoi

yes, the daily transit charts are very very handy.