Fun:What is your Tarot Vice

tarotcardfaery

I am curious to know what everyone's Vice is with tarot accessories , i.e. candles, incense, cloths. What do you do to spice up your readings? (and yes...I know you don't need anything, the magic is in you)...but for the sake of creative talk...

I make white votive candles and I use cinnamon essential oil. It is an old Romany tradition that burning a cinnamon candle will rid the room of negative vibrations, so I burn this while reading, in case of a negative being.

I love incense....I am too lazy, (sorry) to burn it on charcoal , so I just buy the sticks. There is one by HEM that I can't find anymore called Spirit Guide if you can find it, it is very psychic inspiring.

Steve and Dave Gordon, at sequioa records, I just got Yoga Planet and Tarot cd's, you can listen to them on the site, I listened to these during my readings, all my customers and students loved it.

Morwenna

Most of my reading for others has taken place outdoors at renfairs, so lit candles and incense are not an option (at home it's a different story, but there I don't use anything to enhance reading). But I keep several small things on my table: two colored glass balls in wooden or bronze stands, a little copper cauldron, a couple bags of stones, some little sandbag critters. In addition to being atmospheric, they also serve as paperweights when a breeze comes up!

shellz

I love incense too. But i have a need, or want, for something i dont even have. for as long as i can remember, i have wanted an hourglass. i am so attracted to them i cant explain it. but i have never ever seen one in a shop, and any i find on the net (which is hardly any, unless im looking in all the wrong places), are too expensive, or you need a credit card to buy.

thorhammer

Bags. I just love a really beautiful Tarot bag - I love the feel of opening the double drawstring, and the way the deck slides out, and I just adore coordinating my deck to my bag. Sounds crazy, but hey, I love it. I've become quite good at making my own bags and now sell them too, and the whole process is very exciting to me.

\m/ Kat

NorthernTigress

My Tarot vice is definitely storage. As soon as possible after getting a deck, I find a bag for it. And I have some lovely wooden boxes than can fit several bags each.

Besides that, I have been getting personalized "accessories" for each of my decks. Nothing big, just little stones and such.

Since I don't have a table for my readings, I can't have candles or anything like that. I wouldn't feel comfortable burning a candle on the floor, or on a footstool.

Le Fanu

thorhammer said:
Bags. I just love a really beautiful Tarot bag - I love the feel of opening the double drawstring, and the way the deck slides out, and I just adore coordinating my deck to my bag. Sounds crazy, but hey, I love it

Doesn´t sound crazy; I really identify with this :)