Help?!

Aleshyx

I couldn't find another thread with this type of question, but if there is one I'm sorry.

To the point, okay...Um, well, I'm 17 and still living with my parents. My mom is a devote Christian and bans all things "satanic" as she calls them and this includes my wicca books and my tarot cards. She doesn't know I have them because I have them well hidden. She's always at home so I get absolutely NO time to do any readings or spend time with my cards. I can't take them to school because they'd probably get taken up or something can/might happen to them, so I don't want to risk that. Is there any other option I might have that I just can't find so that I might can read my books, worship, and spend time with my cards? Any advise or help is really appreciated!!

sapienza

It's a tough situation Aleshyx. I'm not sure how long you've had your Mystic Dreamer deck for but are you able to picture all the cards without looking at them? I find that just sitting, or lying down and going through a deck in my mind one card at a time is a very calming, meditative and spiritual practice. If you can't picture the cards perhaps use any time you get to try to remember each image and then try going over them in your mind. Take note of the feelings you get as you bring each card to mind. It's probably a long way from your ideal situation, but once you have the cards in your mind, then noone can stop you 'working' with them whenever you like.

Best wishes :)

Grigori

Do you have your own computer? Perhaps an electronic version would give you a way to spend time on the cards, without leaving a trail of them around the room.

There are a number of program out there, free or quite cheap. I've used Orphalese which is quite good.

Or, start waking up very very early... :D

Aleshyx

similia said:
Do you have your own computer? Perhaps an electronic version would give you a way to spend time on the cards, without leaving a trail of them around the room.

There are a number of program out there, free or quite cheap. I've used Orphalese which is quite good.

Or, start waking up very very early... :D

Thanks, I'll try that and see how it works. (Not the getting up early part lol)

Aleshyx

sapienza said:
It's a tough situation Aleshyx. I'm not sure how long you've had your Mystic Dreamer deck for but are you able to picture all the cards without looking at them? I find that just sitting, or lying down and going through a deck in my mind one card at a time is a very calming, meditative and spiritual practice. If you can't picture the cards perhaps use any time you get to try to remember each image and then try going over them in your mind. Take note of the feelings you get as you bring each card to mind. It's probably a long way from your ideal situation, but once you have the cards in your mind, then noone can stop you 'working' with them whenever you like.

Best wishes :)

I haven't had the deck for very long (about a month, I think) so I don't think I can do that just yet. :( What I've been thinking about is maybe concentrating on the cards and maybe flipping through the book that came with the cards and use that for a reading? Do you think that might work?

I'll try and work on memorizing all the cards and what they look like though, so I can try that. Thank you so much for your advise. :hug:

GreenMoonBeam

To back up Similia, there are many many sites that would be great to use.
www.mysticgames.com
free to look at the cards & read their LWB. Note that
the explanations are the same for each deck.

Tarotpedia has a wealth of information and taroteca as well: images of many
cards.
The other thing might be to consider signing up for the Newcomers Exchange
here? (if you have enough posts)
At this point you will find the computer a great help
Good Luck
GMB!

canid

Aleshyx, I don't think you're going to change your mother's mind, nor do I think you should try. You could, however, try to educate her. I'm a 'devout' Christian & there are many scriptures that are pro-divination. Most Christians will quote only what they've been been taught & that's usually the 'burn the witch' stuff. As a mother, I'd be pretty pissed if you were getting advice online contrary to my strong beliefs. Hmm, don't get caught? If you'd like the list of scripture, I'd be happy to provide. Or you can look it up yourself.

Briar Rose

Yeah but~ what kind of Christian is her mother? If she is a born again Christian or a penticostle then she'll never come around.

I would say that if you really want to make time to use the cards get a dog so you can go for long walks in the park and find a place to read there.

Aleshyx

canid said:
Aleshyx, I don't think you're going to change your mother's mind, nor do I think you should try. You could, however, try to educate her. I'm a 'devout' Christian & there are many scriptures that are pro-divination. Most Christians will quote only what they've been been taught & that's usually the 'burn the witch' stuff. As a mother, I'd be pretty pissed if you were getting advice online contrary to my strong beliefs. Hmm, don't get caught? If you'd like the list of scripture, I'd be happy to provide. Or you can look it up yourself.

I have tried to educate her many times, as you put it, but she is really stubborn and won't hear of it so I've just given up trying to make peace with her on this subject.

Aleshyx

HeavensVault said:
Yeah but~ what kind of Christian is her mother? If she is a born again Christian or a penticostle then she'll never come around.

I would say that if you really want to make time to use the cards get a dog so you can go for long walks in the park and find a place to read there.

She is a born again baptist. And she won't listen when I try to educate her on how the cards aren't Satanic in any way. I'vejust given up trying with her on the subject.

And I wish the dog thing could work, but we have a cat and no where to keep a dog. Thanks for your advise, though. :)