Chipped Pendulum

Lili123

Hi, new here.

I found this site whilst googling for info on this.

I performed a healing on myself this morning using my quartz crystal pendulum for the first time in about 2 years. Its been cleansing since a 'poisenous' soul, shall we say, touched it and it basically refused to work. Anyway. It worked fine, the healing worked perfectly and once again i am in tune with my favourite pendulum, however, upon closer examination i noticed that a small slither has sharded off the tip of my pendulum. It still has a point, its just that the tip of a single facet has sheared off. Is this a scar from the healing its under gone? I dont feel like its broken or the energy has changed. Its feels even more 'appropriate' as a healing tool- likes its gone through its own journey of healing. Is it still ok for me to use this tool or should i retire it? I dont want too as this was my first pendulum and its always been the most sensitive to me.

(Ive had the crystal hanging in my bedroom window to cleanse as this is how i cleanse all my crystals.)

Any Advice Welcome- Thanks

Mi-Shell

Hi Lili123!
Welcome to AT!
I can imagine that you are worried about your pendulum.
But pendulums are like people, sometimes we loose a little chip, have a big scar, but nonetheless our Spirit is well intact and wiser then ever. I know of a guy, a dowser, whos first bronze pendulun cracked in a house fire. He took glue and stuck it back together and it works just fine. That was 6 years ago...
Use yours and be blessed!
Here I leave you with something on our rock and mineral relatives:

http://www.tarotforum.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1660525

Hope to see more posts from you soon! :)
Mi-Shell

SunChariot

That happened to one of mine too, with my amethust one. It never affected the accuracy of the pendulum. And I have never used to when doing a healing, it just happened when reading as usual. Sometimes these things happened. Althuogh if you now feel closer to it now for healing work it may have been meant to happen to create/deepen that bond between you two.

Babs

Alta

Moderator hint:

If you want to quote just one post from another thread, open that thread and click on the post number located at the lower right (after Edit Quote). That one post will pop up in its own box and that url can be used.

So, Mi-Shell, your post would be:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1660525&postcount=4

xx M

birdsong123

About the chipped pendulum...

When you think about it, the whole pendulum is chipped. It has been tumbled down from its original state into a shape predetermined by a human and is not in its natural/original state or form. Another chip off the old block just makes it an old friend. (wink)

To me it's like a face without wrinkles. It just ain't natural when something's too perfect.

Enjoy it. :)

Mi-Shell

Alta said:
Moderator hint:

If you want to quote just one post from another thread, open that thread and click on the post number located at the lower right (after Edit Quote). That one post will pop up in its own box and that url can be used.

So, Mi-Shell, your post would be:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1660525&postcount=4

xx M

Hi Alta! Weeeelll!?? i will never learn this trick! Best you come over again and then show me in person!
And then I could show you how we cast pendulums out of melted down Sterling Silver scrap! :)

Dancing Bear

myold pendulum is cracked chipped and even broke off a chunk..
It is my most trusty pendulum with the most accurate readings, it was an old healing massage crystal witha smooth rounded end one end and the other ned was faceted.. the smooth end broke right off.. and i was never able to use it as a massage wand..
it is quartz crystal with smoky and green tinges throughout it.. so its a bits and pieces crystal..and i could never touch it as it gave me tingles throughout my hand like pins and needles..
One day many years after i aquired this crystal that kept floating aorund.. maybe it would make a nice pendulum .. I wouldnt have to touch it and it still had its point.. (back then anyway LOL! )
I attached it to leather flat cord.. It has since done the most amazing readings. it has had many more dings and chips out of it since it was made into a pendulum.. it now looks like it would as if it were naturally found in the clay ground.. maybe it didnt like being forced into a shape and it took a while but ended up in a more natural state that it would be comfortable with.. dont know really LOL!! just a theory maybe..
But it is the best ever Pendulum, I am not normally particular with my divination tools with people touching them.. but this pendulum is one of my most protected tool..no-one but me touches it.. it has its own special pouch and i made it its own special pendulum chart.. all rolled into a special bag from Tibet.

if your pendulum is chipped and its still feels right go with it..

I had to laugh at your friend dowsing tool Mi-Shell , i did the same with another pendulum, a lovely Carnelian one its whole point chipped off..
I super glued it back together and put it through the test.. it works wonderful ;)