what's the best way to spend my 300 tarot dollars?

midniteeye

a set of the special edition legacy of the divine tarot plus book and canvas goes for 300 dollars, so is the museum quality art edition alchemical tarot. i can also spend 200 and some odd dollars for a set of large double hand painted iridescent illuminated tarot, and get some change back to use later for the mass market edition of legacy of the divine tarot plus alchemical tarot. so many possibilities, yet so little money available.

if you have 300 dollars to spend on tarot, which set of the above mentioned cards would you go for? or is there another deck in that price range you would rather have? please advise as i am trying to justify my shopping urge. thank you very much.

Annabelle

The large, handpainted Illuminated, definitely!!!

I am lucky enough to own both the large, handpainted Illuminated and the Art Edition of the Alchemical tarot. While I absolutely LOVE the art edition Alchemical, honestly, the mass-market is just as beautiful and much more usable.

The handpainted Illuminated - unlike the art edition Alchemical - is a deck you can easily shuffle and use. It is magical; it seems to dance and move under certain light. It is super-durable, as well. And it is cheaper than either of the other decks you mention, leaving you with enough left over for other things.

(My reason for not buying the Legacy of the Divine limited edition, by the way, is simply a personal preference for other styles of art.)

Sinduction

I could never justify such a purchase when I am also unable to heat my apartment or buy food that doesn't come in a box. :D

I'd do whichever one gets you all three decks I guess. That seems to be the best value. You never know which one is going to be a favorite. Have fun!

midniteeye

thanks to both annabelle and sinduction, and so far two votes for the hand painted illuminated tarot plus mass market editions of alchemical and legacy of the divine tarot.

Grizabella

Legacy of the Divine! I'd love to have it myself but I'll never have anywhere near that much to spend on it. That's my food budget for the month.

schmedrake

It depends on they types of decks you like, but I recently acquired a Far Sight Tarot and it is absolutely gorgeous!

http://www.farsighttarot.com/

You'd still have about half of your money left over for something else. And it's a very limited edition. I can't believe that it hasn't been discovered by more people.

starlightexp

My vote is for the Legacy of the Divine. It's not very often that you will get a tarot deck that is not going to be like any other out there with all the different versions of the cards each is very much one of a kind. (I'll let you know more when it gets here.

Silverlyn

Legacy of The Divine Tarot
and
The Maroon Tarot (or the Rest of them if you've already got the Majors).

These are to be my next purchases of the New Year!:)

crystal09

Legacy of The Divine Tarot gets my vote

(also a purchase i will be making very soon)

midniteeye

the empire strikes back, 4 votes now for the legacy of the divine. followed by 2 votes for large hand painted illuminated, 1 vote for far sight, and 1 vote for maroon.

thanks to grizabella, schmedrake, starlightexp, silverlyn, and crystal09 for helping me make my purchasing decision.