Tarot Party prices

Bronwyn1

I did a professional reading last night and now the lady who I did it for wants me to come to a party and read for her friends. I'm glad she was impressed since it was someone who works for the same corporation as I do, so at least I won't have a bad reputation out there. Anyhow, how much would I charge for a party?

Bronwyn

franniee

That's great :thumbsup:

Well it all depends on what the market bears.... figure out what you charge for an hour and add a bit and divy it up by 4 or 3 .... Let's say you charge $75/hour then charge $25 per 15 minute reading.... maybe you want to charge $20/reading. Maybe you only want to read 3 people an hour.... up to you. (It is tiring) :)

3 hours is plenty... 4 tops. Remember you will be reading 4 people an hour so that would be 16 people.

If you have to travel far you can add that to the price. I would get there early and give the hostess a free reading.... pass out cards so you can get another party referral for another day. :D

When I began doing parties I charged by the hour... but I had corporate deals or hostesses who were footing the bill....so when others asked I quoted them my prices but I found out it wasn't the best way to market it... :rolleyes: it sounds better to say $40 for 20 minutes.

Test the waters.... don't undersell yourself or your time. :heart:

Have fun!!! :)

Bronwyn1

Thank-you Frannie! I know what you mean by not underselling myself. I don't want to do it so cheap and everyone expects that but I don't want to overcharge. How does $15.00 per person sound? Is that too much? Of course I wouldn't be doing 60 minute readings for all of them.

gregory

Put a time limit on each reading.

Even at a party. Maybe ESPECIALLY at a party !

Debra

That's right. And is $15/person what you would charge normally? Don't undersell yourself!

Bronwyn1

To be honest, I've read for people I don't know and have never accepted money. It was more like practice I suppose. I offered "2" 30 min tarot readings for a silent auction at work (I think the money goes to the united way) and this is how I met this lady who asked me to come to a party. I'd have to ask her the details, especially the number of people she wants me to read for, so as for your question, (I can be really long winded) I dont charge yet.

gregory

I just read a story where a reader at a party wouldn't take money and just left out a bowl for donations. She got LOADS.

But it was a story..... ;)

Bronwyn1

Well you know what? That might actually be a good idea Greg!! Then I can afford the inflatable snowman with the gold..........sorry! Now you started me on something Greg.

gregory

})

But seriously - you have to charge at this kind of event, or you will get loads of requests to do it for nothing.

lark

A few questions...would your fee be paid by the hostess or by the party goers?
This makes a difference.