New smell--I know, it's weird!

Kaley_Bane

I really hope you don't think I'm going nuts here but, today I opened my cards for the first time of the day and a really good smell came out of my silk cloth from the inside where my cards were wrapped.

Now you must be thinking, "Oh she probably spilt something on them or set them down somewhere to collect a new random smell!" But no! I assure you, I did not! I handled them briefly last night with clean hands before bed, wrapped them as I always do and placed them under my pillow in the case. It's a smell I've never smelt before! It is really only on the inside of the silk rather than the outside. I don't wear perfumes ever or scented lotions as I have new born twins at home with REALLY sensitive skin!

The only recent thing that has been done to my silk is my husband was putting some fray check on the edges which he also has done to his own and his cloth DOESN'T smell like this and I smelt the liquid today only to receive a whiff of strong chemicals much like nail polish remover and a headache! My cards don't smell like my cloth either, they smell like newly laminated Tarot cards.

Any ideas?

sweet_intuition

Maybe its a reflection of the loving care you provide them? It is possible :)

Scotty_Bane

yeah, smells like flowers, or incense... maybe angel farts... idk but its wierd.

Kaley_Bane

yeah! angel farts! That's GOTTA be it! .....NOOOO!

Grizabella

It could just be something triggered from your subconscious. We do sometimes have olfactory sensations, you know, that cause us to think we're smelling a scent when we're not. Having once had the experience with your cards, the Tarot cards can just keep triggering it in your imagination and you'll think you smell it again.

Kaley_Bane

Grizabella said:
It could just be something triggered from your subconscious. We do sometimes have olfactory sensations, you know, that cause us to think we're smelling a scent when we're not. Having once had the experience with your cards, the Tarot cards can just keep triggering it in your imagination and you'll think you smell it again.

I can definitely understand this theory however, my husband smells it too! It's a very strong and definite smell that is not any place else in our house.

Ange

I bought a brand new deck....sealed in cellophane......and it smelt of incense....:)

Ang x

Kaley_Bane

Ange said:
I bought a brand new deck....sealed in cellophane......and it smelt of incense....:)

Ang x

nice, that's really awesome! That's about what this smell is like.

Morwenna

I wonder if it could be the combination of the deck itself or the fabric, and the fray-check? Sometimes different substances react to each other in strange ways.

OOnaOwl

clairgustance?!

Have you ever sensed things spiritually through your nose before? It could be a spirit guide getting your attention. Clairgustance is the psychic sense of smell.