PDA

View Full Version : How about a special RWS Section?

Ophiel
24-01-2003, 23:12
Since the RWS deck is so important, and still popular in the world of Tarot, why not have a special section on our forums for all things related to that deck specifically? Recently there has been quite a bit of activity in these boards with the deck, and it just seems like such a natural thing to do, to have a RWS section.

I didn't know exactly where else to post this...

mrsjvan
25-01-2003, 00:45
I agree Ophiel. It would be nice to have it all in one place for easy reference.

tarotbrat
25-01-2003, 01:20
that would be great, since currently taking a class using the rws deck and i have been practicing with it for some time now.

SherryZoned
25-01-2003, 01:26
Would that be for Rider waite exclusively or for clones also?

Silverlotus
25-01-2003, 02:20
I like the idea of including clones, but I think maybe only direct clones, like Universal Waite, etc. Some RW-like decks, like Robin Wood, use symbolism that is quite a bit different even though it is very RW-ish. Where to draw the line though? Aquarian is very RW like, so is Hanson-Roberts. What about Conolley? It has a couple of completely different cards, but most of the others are very RW-like. Blah! I think I just made things worse. But which decks to include and which to exclude is something to think about.

sagitarian
25-01-2003, 03:42
I agree with silverlotus. Where do you draw the line, although a rw forum would be great. Most likely have to be limited to strictly rw deck or the rw universal deck.

Pollux
25-01-2003, 04:37
Originally posted by Ophiel
Since the RWS deck is so important, and still popular in the world of Tarot, why not have a special section on our forums for all things related to that deck specifically? Recently there has been quite a bit of activity in these boards with the deck, and it just seems like such a natural thing to do, to have a RWS section.I believe that the Rider Waite could well be part of the hystorical Forum. Horrified though Diana might be, it surely has got its place in the histyory of Tarot.
Also, I see the new study group is just kicking on, so why creating a new space? Maybe Solandia could simply create a separate folder for the Study Group, like the one for the Faeries Oracle.

Originally posted by Ophiel
I didn't know exactly where else to post this... This would belong to the Suggestions section. But you are not a subscriber, so you can't post there nor in Chat.

tarotbear
25-01-2003, 04:39
Unless you stop talking in circles and draw the line in the sand, you will get NOWHERE. Someone will have to accept the fact that their opinion is going to be overruled. Someone has to come up with limits, set them, and follow them. Everyone will not and cannot be 100% absolutely happy 100% of the time.

It's called TAKING CHARGE.

It's also called DEATH BY COMMITTEE.

These problems plagued the FACT Tarot deck. 78 cards to be designed by people all over the world. There had to be limits set, demands made, and deadlines produced. Without any ONE of these the deck would still be a quaint idea, foundering along without any end in sight, being debated (nice term for 'bitched at') ad nauseam with no final result.

The FACT Tarot does indeed exist, for all the world to see. If some people (myself included) had not finally said 'This-yes; that-no. Like it or leave it the deadline is this date' it would NEVER have happened.

Get together in pms, make some decsions, approach Solandia with your decisions. Then put up a thread that lists the whys and why nots and have a lot of fun!

Pollux
25-01-2003, 04:44
Oh Bear, I love your sense of Drama! :* :* :*
*LOL* })

Ophiel
25-01-2003, 11:04
Though my opinion seems to be unpopular, as usual in this group. })
I say leave the Clones out of this! LOL. The WRS is the one deck that started it. Want clones? How about a RWS CLONE group? There is much more to the WRS deck, worthy of esoteric considerations that some of the clones forgot to transform.

Let the WRS stand alone and be counted!

Diana
25-01-2003, 18:13
Originally posted by Pollux
I believe that the Rider Waite could well be part of the hystorical Forum. Horrified though Diana might be, it surely has got its place in the histyory of Tarot.

Horrified? Pollux, I just fainted. My husband and son had to pour ice cold water over me to revive me and they gave me a whole bottle of Bach Flower Rescue Remedy to try and make me stop screaming hysterically.

Umbrae
26-01-2003, 02:50
The next move will be to make a different forum about each and every deck…

…and stop being mean to Diana!

jmd
27-01-2003, 08:49
I suggest that one of the more effective means to begin a section dedicated to the RWCS deck is to post threads specifically dedicated to it. There are already a few in the General Study Group section, and a few here and there throughout the Forums (which Solandia is already aware of, by the way).

Talking about it, rather than actually doing it, probably leads to more frustrations than just doing it :)

As to RWCS inclusion in the Historical section, I do not think it is the appropriate place. As a very important 20th century deck, it too, of course, has its historical place and its own history, and I would personally really welcome such a new forum.

...so add posts, threads and discussions specifically to this deck, pplleeaassee!!!

firemaiden
30-01-2003, 05:46
As a person still just beginning to learn the tarot, I do not like the idea of a separation at all. I like that the decks are all mixed together in the forum, because I learn things I never would have expected to learn in places where I wasn't looking for them. I am not going to go looking on purpose in a RWS forum, because I don't like the deck, and I don't use it, but it is so "the mother of us all", so ubiquitously taken as the founding constitution of everything, that it ends up being the sub-text of nearly every deck and every discussion. If a new deck has unorthodox meanings, well, then, how are they unorthodox? -- because they differ from RWS...

I didn't know it was like this when I started learning, I thought it was the Marseilles tarot, or Crowley/Harris that was the founding constitution of everything...Practically everything I know about the founding constitution, I learned from this forum. Separate the RWS discussions, and I fear the core will fall out.

Jewel
01-02-2003, 01:40
I just noticed a RWS and a Thoth section created in the Study Groups. I think this is fabulous! Thanks Solandia.

Pollux
01-02-2003, 04:19
*hails to DA GODDESS* :D

*and invites everyone else to do so* :D