Tarot vs health matters

Maggiemay

Hey everyone!

If there is one subject I don't don't do readings about it's definitely anything pertaining to health.

How do you feel about this issue?

:) Mag ( who has the flu + a cold and doesn't need a reading to let her know that she's sick! lol )

Ambrosia

Yea, this is THE one area that scares me when it comes to reading about it.

However, I am a firm believer in facing ones fears, and believe you can glean some very useful information from a health reading.

I would always advise a doctors opinion as essential though, of course.

Maggiemay

It certainly could be useful when tyring to draw attention to a health issue that needs looking after. In that perspective, I really agree with you,Ambrosia.

I guess I am definitely not there yet....nope...not there at all ! :)

Mag

Briar Rose

I think doing readings on health issues depends on what you are tryng to find out. Always seek medical attention no matter what.

When I asked the cards I got comfort with knowing I would be okay.

moderndayruth

Hmm, for myself i do heath readings, which is - i believe that when i experience physical dis-ease, there must be some spiritual reason behind it. (In one of the Luisa Hey's books there is a list of physical symptoms with explanations what might have caused them; i remember varicose veins were related to spending time in places where one does not feel good - that's from the top of my head trying to remember where i read about that, apart from Kabbalistic texts ;))
Anyway, since i do believe in healing the cause of the dis-ease and not only the effect (cold itself for the example) - i search for the root of the problem with Tarot; but i wouldn never do such readings for others... unless i was a GP, which i am not :D

moderndayruth

afrosaxon said:
The SEARCH THIS FORUM feature is your friend...especially in the USING TAROT CARDS section, which is where questions such as this are usually discussed.

T.
Right... :D

Maggiemay

This site's got it all! A search forum and great chit-chat too! :)

tigerlily

Well... I guess there is no subject here that doesn't have at least a dozen or so threads... so personally I don't mind if a new thread is started on an old issue.

That said, I'd never use Tarot to *diagnose* a disease. I think this would also be illegal, since I'm not a doctor. However, I do have health-related meanings assigned to the Majors. They deal more with how one experiences sickness and deals with it. For example, The Fool could mean to try some new, untested or controversial therapy; I also had it once as "foolishly risking your health". The Emperor could be very authoritative doctor, or the need to follow a strict regime, having a lot of check ups, etc. the Hermit could deal with isolation and depression as the sideeffects of disease. And so on.

(Just for the record, I don't own and have never read Christine Jettes book on this subject, so if my meanings match hers, it's pure coincidence)

Alta

I have seen some brilliant readings done here on health issues, but I honestly think that those readers are the one who are either very experienced (many years, regular clients who keep them posted, etc) or are highly intuitive and especially in that way, that is, attuned to medical issues.

May Greer's book, Tarot Reversals, actually touches on medical implications many times in the course of her discussions.

ps it is good to use the Search function, and agree that's a good place to start, but new threads are okay too as there are always new members with new viewpoints, or older members who have learned something new in the interim.

So, try both!