tarot side effects

Maggiemay

When I am involved with tarot ( using it, studying it, meditating on a card ect...) I tend to dream quite a bit.

Really, my dreaming activity has become so prolific and interesting these past few weeks, that I actually keep a journal of my dreams and try to figure out on my own what the meaning of the dream might be...but lately, I can't keep track any more!

Every time I close my eyes, there goes another dream! And it's usually a story-like type of dream full of details and action.

Sometimes, I will even dream of actual cards. 3 days ago it was the empress... and 2 days prior it was the HP.

Don't get me wrong, I usually dream here and there and what not but I find that lately ( more involved with my tarot deck) I litterally dream every night...up to 2 dreams a night and I remember those dreams.

I read somewhere that dreams help process feelings and thoughts that one was not able to ''tackle'' consciously during any given day...but as crazy as it sounds I think it might be a ''side effect'' of my using the tarot : perhaps it stimulates the unconscious more than '' normal''.

Has this ever happened to you?

Maggie

Ps: I bet you that now that I wrote this post...I am not going to dream tonight!

Raindance

Hmmm... A "side effect," no. A "partner," yes... At least, that's my take on things. Personally, when I dream, I get "impressions" or maybe the "memory of emotion" would be a better description. Later, the same ones play out again when I interact with my decks.

So, enjoy!

minrice

I think the cards maybe help prompt your unconscious and therefore dream more vividly. I like to think about the cards while drifting off to sleep, pretend I'm wandering around in one. I pleasant one of course ;)

balenciaga

I sometimes will dream of a spread that I had difficulty with just before bed. It is as if my brain is still trying to make the connections, figuring an interp while I am asleep. I will wake up with cards on the mind.
If you wake up thinking of a specific card, I would say that qualifies as a reading, so pay attention to it:)

Alta

Any time that I am doing anything seriously, I dream about it. When I was studying weather forecasting it was so new, so intense that I dreamed about it every night. Not the weather, but the symbols, the codes, the process and etc.

You are very involved in learning tarot and so your brain is processing it with every avenue available to it. "The bridegroom never dreams of the bride", meaning you dream about things that you do not yet possess.

Maggiemay

Cool. It's very true that I am very involved with learning Tarot of late ( I've been reading about it massively) but it's really ''fun'' to see how my brain is processing the stuff round the clock( I guess)!

I dreamed last night...again two vivid dreams with complete different stories!

No more journal for me : I'm tired of keeping track of it all!!!! lol

Thank you all so much for your posts: no one in my immediate surrounding uses a tarot or knows anything about Tarot so I am glad I could run things by you guys!

Your suggestions/views are all worth serious considerations on my part.

Mag
ps: Thanks Alta...:)

canid

Maggiemay, I was thinking of posting the same thing! I've been sleeping with my cards under my pillow since around Halloween & my dreams are similar to yours. I've always had extremely vivid dreams & remember most of them (I think) & have kept journals sporadically thru my life. I started one 2 nites ago, should have done it sooner because many of the dreams leave after waking. 1st one recorded is about aces - they start as aces then changed into people with the suit attributes & the dream progresses in a bizarre way, like dreams do. Last nite was about the knight swords, & that was very off the wall, but they're cool dreams. I've been confused about why this is happening too, maybe someone here will shed some light.

Maggiemay

Hey Canid!!!! This is tooo funny!

You know what? It also started for me when I put my deck under my pillow ( weeks and weeks ago) to connected to it again since I had not used my deck for 3 long years!

And since then ( as you see in my earlier post) I have been dreaming soooo much that there is actually smokes coming out of my ears!!!! lol

When I dream of the cards, I just see the card in very big. The one that left the biggest impression on me was the HP. Even though I saw the HP on a card, she actually felt like a real person to me... weird huh?

Thank for your post!

Mag

moon_shadow

Hi, Maggiemay. The opposite happens with me. When I am involved with Tarot more, I hardly dream. These days, I've been having some outrageous dreams every time I sleep; I have been slacking, and haven't even done a daily reading since the beginning of the month! It's funny, because I started to study tarot in hope to learn to better understand messages I get from dreams. :rolleyes:

But I remember this one time I had a vivid dream even though I was heavily into studying tarot, and the dream was about tarot. :D

Maggiemay

moon_shadow said:
When I am involved with Tarot more, I hardly dream.

it's funny, because I started to study tarot in hope to learn to better understand messages I get from dreams. :rolleyes:

Maybe the tarot is sucking your imagination dry!!! Anyhow, it's really too bad.