First reading

cal1304

I have only been doing this for about a month now, i have only ever done it for myself. My wife keeps asking me to give her one, I don't think i am ready but how long should I wait?

Any advise?

thanks

lol i realise the comic value in this post but i am talking about a tarot reading

poivre

Don't give it time...just start reading!

:)
ros

Kathy24

The only way you are going to learn and grow is to do readings, jump in there and do it. Once the first reading is done you will find it less daunting to do readings. Good luck! :)

cal1304

thanks i'll do it tonight then

Mellifluous

cal1304 said:
lol i realise the comic value in this post but i am talking about a tarot reading

:joke: :joke: :joke:

Welcome to the forums!

gregory

Good luck cal. I have yet to read for my SO - not that he wants me to......!

starrystarrynight

And, cal1304, don't be discouraged if you find it difficult reading for your wife...sometimes, if you're too close and know too much about a person, it makes it harder to be objective.

Once you think you have a handle on reading, head on down to the Exchange section here and give that a whirl. You can get some very good practice in that way!

Oh, and BTW...welcome. :)

SunChariot

cal1304 said:
I have only been doing this for about a month now, i have only ever done it for myself. My wife keeps asking me to give her one, I don't think i am ready but how long should I wait?

Any advise?

thanks

My take is that you should wait until you FEEL inside that you are ready. Two reasons:

1) Learning to read Tarot is learning to trust your feelings and intutions. If they are telling you something, honor that.

2) If you push yourself before you feel ready, the reading will suffer. We read best when we are calm. Doing somethign you are not comfortable with is not condusive to being at ease and calm.

As for how long it will take you to be ready, no one can tell you that. But it is not a race. It is different for everyone. When you are ready you will know, just as you know now that you are not. It's a feeling inside. No one else can feel that for you, it comes from inside, as so much of being a reader does. :grin:

And btw, a month is not long at all to be reader, learning to read is a lifelong pursuit.

Babs

gregory

I waited 35 years..... :D

SunChariot

I waited almost a year before I read for anyone else. But did lots of readings in that year!

Babs