PDA

View Full Version : Moon sign question

Bronwyn1
22-12-2008, 02:46
I'm not really very good with astrology and I have a question hopefully someone can give me insight into. I've been reading up on moon signs as far as compatability goes. Wouldn't this be a more accurate indication of a compatable relationship than sun signs?

poivre
22-12-2008, 03:18
Wouldn't this be a more accurate indication of a compatable relationship than sun signs?

Interested in astrology, but not good at it :D
I'm starting to feel that the moon sign is more personal
to oneself than the sun sign. There is a different kind of "truth" found.
With this, maybe relationships would be different if we
focused on the moon sign.

With the sun sign I feel like everyone "think" they know us because
we're an Aries, Tauras etc.

Didn't answer your question, but understand what your asking.

ros
:)

Bronwyn1
22-12-2008, 03:34
No, you did answer my question. The moon sign almost seems more "personal"?,...

Nevada
22-12-2008, 04:36
Well I don't think that any planet considered alone will tell much of the story. But I'd agree the Moon has more personal meaning -- at least in my experience -- than other heavenly bodies in my chart. In fact many of the people close to me have the same Moon sign (Taurus) that I do. The transiting Moon can also have a lot of impact on how I'm getting along with others from day to day, maybe just because it moves so quickly around the chart and I'm slow to adapt to its constant changes. But Mars seems to be the planet that gets me in the most trouble. :rolleyes: When the two get together -- when the Moon and Mars (mine is in Pisces) aspect each other in my chart in any way -- it can cause some havoc. I try to keep close tabs on where the Moon is and what it's doing, because that seems to clue me in on most of my bumps in the road before they occur.

There are some months I'd just as soon blow up the Moon or Mars and be done with it. :bugeyed: Just call it my personal form of lunacy.

star-lover
22-12-2008, 06:18
the moon is very important in relationships/synastry as it is about our feelings, needs, instincts, emotions, contentment, sense of safety and security,belonging

with the moon you just react naturally, with the sun there is effort involved

both are very important but if you look after your moon you can reduce alot of stress

IsisSophia
24-12-2008, 10:33
Hi Bronwyn :)
Yes, the moon is very important in issues of compatability. But I think that a comparison between both suns and moons in the charts is a better indication of compatability. The moon is your emotional response and sun is your self expression. If suns and moons are in incompatible signs, the emotional response to the other persons way of expressing themselves will be stressful in some way, making harmony and understanding between the two very difficult. If your moon is compatable with the other person's sun, and visa versa, there should be a natural sense of understanding between the two of you.

Bronwyn1
25-12-2008, 01:25
I know what you mean. It's really funny because the people I gravitate towards end up having the same sun and moon sign as myself!

Bronwyn1
25-12-2008, 01:31
There's a very good friend of mine, we both have sun in aquarius, my moon in in aries and his is in sag. This seems to work really well.

IsisSophia
25-12-2008, 02:17
There's a very good friend of mine, we both have sun in aquarius, my moon in in aries and his is in sag. This seems to work really well.

Yes, that's a very nice mix because these signs are all sextile each other. You both have Aquarius suns so you like and respect each others unique self expression and enjoy an interchange of ideas (air sign). Sag and Aries are trine fire signs so you are both high energy people with a zest for life, adventure and new experience. You probably have a lot of fun together! :D

In this example, if you were looking only at the moon signs, it would still work very well. The problem with only considering moon signs is what if you run into someone who has a compatable moon but has the sun in say Taurus or Scorpio, which would square your Aquarius sun? You might feel sympathetic and understanding with each other, but would run into problems with the way you each express yourself. Not that it would be impossible...other factors in the chart have to be considered. But it is an indication of a lot of stress in the relationship. :)

lionesss
25-12-2008, 05:06
It's interesting. My husband and I have a huge mix as far as compatability goes... overall it's been challenging but very workable and we intend to work on our challenges. I am a Leo Sun, Taurus Moon and Sag rising and he is a Scorpio Sun, Aquarius Moon and Taurus rising. Our saving grace has been the fact that my Moon (and Mars) and his Ascendant conjunct one another, so there is a lot of understanding there... and my rising sign and his Moon sign sextile one another.

However, my mother in law is another story. She is also a Taurus Sun (which squares my Sun but conjuncts my Moon) but her Moon is in Capricorn (not sure what her rising sign is, no exact time of birth has been noted)... and my Moon and her Moon does trine one another. Though I do have compassion to some degree for the woman, and have forgiven her for a lot of the things that she has done to me...and I do understand where she is coming from.. but she is living at a low vibration and that in itself is repulsive. It's one thing if she wanted help but she refuses it. Even my husband has tried to help her and the thanks that he gets is her screaming at him for 3 days! I guess because of the fact that her Moon and Sun trine one another, she is even more resistant to change and has no sense of spirituality what so ever. Even though she is miserable, she is too comfortable in her state... probably due to her Moon and Sun trine (and being earth signs). Even though my Moon and her Moon trine one another (which is why I understand where she is coming from), I cannot be around the woman! From what I see in the chart I was best able to come up with for her, there is a lot more friction than ease. Anyway my point is, the Moon sign will help to a degree as far as compatibility goes.. if anything like mentioned above it will help you understand where the other is coming from if your Moon is compatible with theirs.. but it doesn't mean you will necessarily get along.

souljourney
25-12-2008, 05:36
I'm pretty new to Astrology and I alway thought the difference in way my gf & I react to things we feel similarly about is due to our sun signs.. maybe not.
She is Taurus sun, Picses moon
I am Gemini sun, Sag moon
Need to maybe look into this more. Not even sure of all the "aspects, etc".

FaireMaiden
26-12-2008, 11:34
Actually, the most important compatibility in synastry is Mercury.

Bronwyn1
27-12-2008, 01:36
Can you explain that for me? please?

That would be communication?

Bronwyn1
27-12-2008, 01:56
My friend and I both have mercury in aquarius in the first house. I'm assuming this is a good thing?

Gavriela
27-12-2008, 04:20
Synastry can be over-rated. If you get on with your friend, it's good. There are probably all kinds of people out there you have great synastry with, yet don't get on.

Which can be temperament, circumstances, or any number of things - some of them you can see in a chart, some you can't.

Usually I take Moon/Mercury to be the mental functioning of the native in a chart - or grossly oversimplified as their intuitive mind and rational mind.

It's nice if that connects well with another person's if you're friends. And Fairemaiden probably does something else.

Bronwyn1
27-12-2008, 04:25
Being an air sign I just seem to be drawn to other air signs.

Minderwiz
27-12-2008, 04:45
I tend to agree with Gavriela.

Synasatry as such, simply tries to establish compatibility. However, people can be compatible in many relationships, parent/child, employer/employee, business partnerships, friendships, etc - and of course romantic.

What may work in a friendship may not work for a romance, and what may work for a romance may not work for a long term marriage.

Moreover, promise in natal charts is just that. Someone might well have indications of compatibility with someone else but that certainly doesn't mean that they will fall in love or even notice each other. There have to be other triggers to get a relationship going. Whether Astrology can recognise these in advance, I'm not sure.

Traditional Astrology did not use synastry in the modern sense, compatibility was judged on the basis of temperament. I'm not sure if Vedic Astrology uses techniques similar to Western synastry.

However, in the context of marriage synastry it should be remembered that in the cultures of the sub-continent marriages are often arranged, so the context is very different from the West. (Indeed much before the nineteenth Century marriages were often arranged (or at least encouraged by families) in Western Europe, certainly for the nobility and middle classes. So ,traditional Astrology also operated in a different context.

Synastry can be useful but be careful of taking a simplistic view. For long term compatibility the relationship needs to have stresses as well as facilitating factors - often the best and most productive relationships involve quite major tensions. Even with communications you need to be careful, indications of easy communication between two people may simply denote that they will quickly realise they don't like each other!

FaireMaiden
28-12-2008, 22:25
Can you explain that for me? please?

That would be communication?
Aye... communication.

You did not say, at least anywhere that I can point to, what kind of relationship you were referring to. So, I took it as a 'lovers' relationship. Mercury is the most important, in my opinion, because once you're done with all the passion (as passion waxes and wanes in a relationship of this kind-- mars & venus), once you've made your plans to do such and such together (life plans and goals and such-- sun), and once you've decided to love someone in spite of their flaws and oft times ridiculously childish emotional needs (moon, *lol*), what are you left with?

Talking.

If two people can't talk, can't relate in that context, they will find little happiness with each other over the long haul.

So, yeah, Mercury, for me, is the one thing that is more important than all the others put together.

Bronwyn1
29-12-2008, 08:51
yes, it is romantic. hehehe I'm just finding this really interesting since my knowledge of astrology is very limited. Eugenia Last had responded to some of my letters on her "reader's emails" and really bashed me for not wanting to be with the boring and stable and wanting to be with someone with a little more ooomph! If you use her romance thermometer I match up with the first person at about 65% and the other at about 85%. I don't know. She can be really judgemental I think.

Cactus
19-01-2009, 00:21
I agree that the moon is very important when it comes to relationships.

My husband's moon is in Taurus and mine is in Pisces. The way we express emotions is quite different and actually is a source of frustration and exasperation for me, to be honest.

When we have a disagreement, for example, I get emotional and he shuts down. It's like he cannot come to either a comprise, agreement, or an agree-to-disagree. He clams up, starts being sarcastic (saying "whatever...yeah right...mmmhhmmmm.")

That gets me so boiling mad that he just cannot face our issue and at LEAST just tell me, "Kathy, can we discuss this later - I care about this but I need time to let it sit..." or something like that. Just SAY SOMETHING.

But he doesn't. I can't stand that. Love him but I hate that.

Gavriela
19-01-2009, 02:19
That sounds more like temperament than moon signs - moon in Pisces and moon in Taurus (all other things being equal) get on quite well.

Or there could be a lot of other factors in the charts that point out the friction. But Taurus/Pisces is a good match, again, barring contraindications - of which there are bound to be more than a few, even between the most well-matched couples.

FaireMaiden
19-01-2009, 06:50
My husband's moon is in Taurus and mine is in Pisces. The way we express emotions is quite different and actually is a source of frustration and exasperation for me, to be honest.

When we have a disagreement, for example, I get emotional and he shuts down. It's like he cannot come to either a comprise, agreement, or an agree-to-disagree. He clams up, starts being sarcastic (saying "whatever...yeah right...mmmhhmmmm.")

That gets me so boiling mad that he just cannot face our issue and at LEAST just tell me, "Kathy, can we discuss this later - I care about this but I need time to let it sit..." or something like that. Just SAY SOMETHING.

But he doesn't. I can't stand that. Love him but I hate that.
Well, Gavriela is correct in that Pisces and Taurus are sextiled... but methinks the aggravation is coming from the quality of the signs, not their placement.

Taurus is fixed, so the emotional nature is fixed, as in cemented in concrete, *lol*... He feels what he feels, and given the fact that his feelings are fixed, he probably doesn't even know he has variable 'feelings' because they just don't waiver.

Pisces, on the other hand, is mutable. Emotions come and go and are easily recognizable because of that. You easily go with the flow of whatever emotion is being stimulated.

That fixed, Taurus-bull stubborness, in regards to feelings, is gonna dig-in his heels and 'void the noid' at any emotion that threatens to disturb his emotional security, stability, equilibrium. As well, this can be a good thing, for if that bull is pushed too far, he will charge. I would assume that, even unconsciously, your husband is wanting desperately to avoid flipping-out completely and saying or doing something his 'reasoning mind' knows he will regret.

You don't mind emotions... all of them. When they come up, you want to express them, deal with them, have some kind of acknowledgement or validation of them, and then they can pass and you can move on. When they are left unvalidated, or acknowledged with the kind of ridicule or sarcasm you're receiving now, it only exacerbates the original emotion so that now you're dealing with two emotions... the first, perhaps anger over whatever... and then the second, one of resentment that your original anger is being not only diminished, but dismissed altogether. You're left with nowhere to go but sitting and fuming.

'Tis best to discuss things like this when there is peace in the camp, aye? Something along the lines of how it would really help you if, when you both get into the next situation like a fight or some such, that all he has to do is acknowledge your upsetness and you can both then view that acknowledgement as the 'flag' to let it go for now until both are calmed down to talk rationally about the problem.

Of course, since you won't have anyone to return-serve when you're in a fighting mood, *lol*, you should go grab the pillow off your couch and scream madly into it until the pressure of the strong emotion passes, *lol*

charmvirgo
01-02-2009, 08:25
The Moon is 'old yin' - female energy that has gone by, the past growth and nurturing, your family heritage, roots, it describes your type of mother (based on sign or house placement) and the mature females in your life.
(Saturn is the 'old yang' - male energy that has gone by and father figures, authority structures.)

Having a Moon connection between charts will only be meaningful in the sense that you connect as 'like souls', it will not produce any sparks.

Venus is the 'young yin' - active female energy, growth. In a man's chart it is the type of woman he is attracted to.
Mars is the 'young yang' - active male energy. In a woman's chart it describes the kind of man she is attracted to.

In relationships, a connection of Venus and Mars between charts will produce the sparks and active attraction. (The Moon and Saturn have already been there, they represent what is already established and solidified, they are not young and active.)

Also, you should look to the sign on the cusp of the 7th house and any planets placed therein to describe the type of relationships you have.