Does your mood affect the cards you get?

IsisSophia

This is the first time I've posted a new thread. Hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have a question about the mood I'm in when I do a reading for myself. If I'm in a funk or overly concerned about something, depressed, scared or just blah, I tend to get negative cards. If I'm tired, I sometimes get confused readings. Have any of you noticed this? If I'm in a good mood (which I usually am) I don't notice getting more positive cards than usual, but readings are usually clearer to me.

I've also noticed this with my closest friend. We do a lot of readings by phone together. If she's tired or upset and I read for her, often they don't make sense, and I find myself asking her what her mood is. She often admits that it's time to quit and get some rest.

Just want to know if this is common or.....not?

tarotlyn

:):heart: Hi! IsisSophia!
I don't think your mood influences or changes the cards you draw...
but I think your mood influences the way "you see or read" the cards you get.

The cards' messages are presented to you through or from your subconscious mind...
...Tarot readings are one of the many tools that holds the keys/answers to
our life here.

It is odd, that when I (or my querent) get confused, scared, or worried... then my readings are
MUCH more "clear" and reveal more and just what I "need to hear" to solve my
(or another's) situation or problem.

Being tired is another thing...
The cards and meanings (gifted from your subconscious) are still there
(in the spread)...but you just don't understand them :bugeyed: as well or
in some cases, at all because of being so tired.

Just my own experience...:D
:):heart:tarotlyn

IsisSophia

Thanks tarotlyn, :) and nice to meet you! A good distinction. Also a relief.... Now I don't have to worry about being "perfect" before I do a reading!! :D

Ambrosia

Hi there :)

I do find it harder to interpret the cards if im tired, the images just dont seem to click. And if im upset about something, its hard not to see what you want to see in the cards.
I find the best thing is to make sure you are in good spirits BEFORE you attempt a reading.
Some people wont read when they are sick (im not one of them).
Make sure you are refreshed (as in not tired) before reading, and hydrated. Drink plenty of water or fruit juice etc, make sure you arnt hungry, but also dont be too full either as this can leave you lethargic.
And most importantly. make sure you are relaxed.

Hope this helps and good luck with future readings. :)

Edit to add ~ As Tarotlyn said, I dont believe your mood affects the cards you get, just that it may be harder for you to INTERPRET the cards depending on your mood.

IsisSophia

Thanks Ambrosia! :) You've made some good points. I seldom read when I'm tired, because obviously, it's too much work to figure out the reading!! I'm thinking now that perhaps meaningful readings are more a matter of intention than mood, and that the cards will give good counsel no matter what my mood is. This is good news to me!! ;) Thanks.

GreenMoonBeam

IsisSophia, that is a great question. I have found that if I am 'perturbed,tired
or not focussed, then the reading can be weird. Then i read a post the other
day by ar Leithligh which is excellent. Here's the thread which I hope you will
find helpful
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1707065#post1707065

I guess that any reader should be 'attentive' to how they treat the gift of
Tarot.(just my thoughts & not aimed at anyone).I have been able to see that
I need to re-focus to learn to read from the heart as well as the head.

Bronwyn1

I have to say Yes. for sure. why do you ground and clear your mind????

GreenMoonBeam

Just my thoughts, but i would reckon that doing a dozen readings to find out
will we be together means a little lack of clarity and no cleared head. Guilty
of doing quite a few such spreads but at some point, to be effective, then a
reader would be better to have that cleared head etc. After all, the cards will
say 'enough already', if you get my meaning?

Bronwyn1

I get it, but when I'm in a yuck mood evething comes up swords and bla cups.

Beebs_94

after reading everyone's posts about your mod affecting your tarot readings...it makes me think of another question, what about concentration on the question your asking??

Example, say your asking the tarot cards a question about your dog (i know i know, bad example) but the image of something or some1 else keeps popping into your head, does that have an effect to?