Question about effect of stones in jewellry?

Musie

Okay, so I understand that silver gives a stone that extra "oomph" as it is a better gem conductor. I have a question. I want to buy a piece of jewelry with genuine lapis. It comes as a ring and a bracelet, but I can not decide which one to get.

On the ring, the stone is small and is set in sterling silver. The bracelet is set in a silver looking metal but is not real silver and there are about 7 large stones on this bracelet, which is more lapis than the ring :) Will I still get the same effects from the lapis without the silver? I am really keen on the bracelet, but all the stones are set in the fake silver. Also these stones on the bracelet will not be next to my skin actually, so can I still recieve the same benefits?

Thank you!

Aoife

Here in the UK anyway, lapis is a very expensive stone. I don't think I've ever seen it set in other than silver or gold. Saying that, a lot of jewellery made in the Far East does use relatively expensive stones and base metal. I recently came across a web site in China offering precious stones at seemingly ludicrously cheap prices.

I'm also wondering whether there's more lapis coming onto the market now that the situation in Afganhistan is different as I understand this is a major source.

I would beware of any jewellery made in base metal. Not only does it have the potential to irritate the skin - particularly if it's nickel based but also the risk of losing a stone from the setting would be quite great. If you can afford it, an option might be to buy the bracelet and have a jeweller set the stones in a silver bracelet to your own design.

Kyrielle

Defaulting to the most basic "rule" of any branch of metaphysics or spirituality, I would say go with whatever you feel most drawn to.

One of my books gives a recommended placement for each of the stone it covers. It says to wear lapis as a pendant or headband, which is approximately according to chakra placement. But I take these recommendations as opinions and suggestions. Ultimately I go by my own feelings.

-- Kyrielle

Musie

Thank you both :)
I did some research on gemstone therapy and found some more information. Apparently the best and easiest application is wearing stones is without a setting. I guess regular metals (not silver) can lesson the effects or cause it to be non existant. The best way is wearing it as beaded necklace or a power bracelet (beads strung on plastic or silk), but gem healer/therapists favor the beaded necklaces as it radiates its energy into the aura and then energizing the appropriate chakra since it covers a larger area, then say a ring or bracelet. It is a fascination subject :)

RAVENAL

other ways to wear gems and minerals

When I first started buying and wearing stones for spiritual growth and consiousness expansion and then started wearing them for the more direct physical properties they could impart...as in the essential mineral and chemical elements that they possess...for health and balance or relieving pain or addressing a physical condition such as low energy...stress...memory...health problems...etc...I experienced these same dilemas...

so often I would buy the stone I was most drawn too...I believe that RESONANCE is very important...but there is also something to be said for using stones which might not make you feel so comfortable...these can bring up hidden issues and allow you to understand, integrate or clear these lessons...consider your comfort level and personal sensitivities...

but it's easy to put a ring on a chain...or pin a ring, pendant, bracelet etc... under clothing...I love the feel of the stones upon my skin and for some applications direct skin contact or through its setting in a desired metal is best...especially in using the physical properties...

but...really any stone you bring into your personal space imparts it's effects...entering the energy bodies...but depending upon your own sensitivities...at a faster or slower rate... some more than others ...or in a certain order also...but I won't go into that now...I'll continue in another reply...

RAVENAL

wearing gemstones and minerals...

The negative effects of some metals is certainly a concern...such as lead...pewters can contain traces of lead...but some base metals are fine...do some research...I wore iron and copper when I was anemic...and hematite, bloodstone...and always quartz...I had been taking perscription iron supplements for a few years without result...I also used herbs...and I used vibrational remedies like gem and mineral essences...all of these work on different body levels...I like a natural, unified and holistic approach...but do consult the experts...

There are some other ways to wear stones...as mentioned in the above post...the little amulet bags can be used to hold stones or jewelry...and I like to add flowers, herbs, spices or other natural materials and sometimes essential oils...(on the stones or on a cotton ball) as well...wonderful perfume... so much healthier then the synthetics...and just think of the added potiential and possibilities you introduce here...

Stones can be directly taped to the body...I like linen tape with a good adhesive...over chakras...anywhere really...but take care you dont lose them...I've been doing it for 8 yrs and haven't lost any...in ancient times many cultures inserted them under the skin of animals and people for many reasons and a gifted psychic can see these implants from other lives...I've seen them when healing and in meditation...

They can be sewn into clothing...or little pouches holding them can be sewn or pinned into clothing...I often slip stones into my socks...or use one of the ankle or wrist packs runners use for money and keys...and there are pockets. of course...

As you attune to your stones they can be carried in a purse or in the car and eventually even left at home... and you will still reach them and they you...even a photograph...or photos of any stone...and when you become familiar with these energys you can then resonate/tune into all the deposits of these minerals within the Earth herself...it's true...just requires that you develope the sensitivity...everyone has the potiential...

I have bought and then dismantled jewelry for the stones...there are many expert wire wrappers who can use a metal of your choice to make a new piece of jewelry for you...or try it yourself...any tumbled stone or piece of an approiate size will do...I don't like having my stones drilled into to make jewelry because it changes the energy...but you may want to experiment...

you can put the stones and other materials into copper or glass rods ...to make small wands for wear as well...and even little bottles can be used...

RAVENAL

wearing quartz soaked in vibrational remedies

I forgot to mention another way to wear the energy of a stone you don't own but feel drawn to...
A clear quartz crystal...cleared and then soaked in water with a vibrational essence of another type of stone... or the essence applied directly to the quartz... is a way to use and experiment with many different stone energys...

you might consider the spiral energy within the quartz...receptive or directive... and the type of termination or you may choose a softer energy quartz such as a sphere or tumbled stone...or a pyramid to concentrate...but any clear quartz crystal you feel to be the appropriate vehicle to carry this energy will do...the quartz amplifies this energy and because of quartz's resonance with our body it is easily accessible...

I usually repeat the clearing and soaking process every day...and may add more essence on the stone throughout the day...and I like taking the essence as well... you are using the energy on different levels that way...the water you choose as a soaking medium has a bearing too...tap water is not the best...it can distort the vibrational energy...but spring water is a good choice especially if it's not stale...distilled water is perhaps best ...it adds no distortion...but I like to mix spring and distilled water...it seems to add a little more life...

Musie

wow thank you Ravenal for all the info :)