PDA

View Full Version : was the SEARCH changed?

Pao
06-01-2009, 04:52
I used to be able to find anything I searched for. Mostly in the using cards section. I'd put in Ace of Pentacles feelings and a whole bunch of threads would come up. Now nothing at all will come up OR a bunch on non-related threads come up :( like the Ace of cups, Ace of swords and thoughts, death, 2 or 3 or 4 of pentacles, etc. just things that have absolutely nothing to do with the card i searched. this is an example though because nothing comes up if i put Ace of pentacles feelings. but even when i would put "2 of cups as how she feels" a few would come up if they had that title now nothing does. I wondered if something changed with the options, or if the threads were archived and so now they dont come up? I miss my AT search engine!! :(

gregory
06-01-2009, 04:54
Have you accidentally changed your search preferences to be titles only, rather than search entire posts ? I did that earlier today and thought I had gone mad.... you get "no match" CONSTANTLY !

Pao
06-01-2009, 05:06
no, well i always put titles only. looking through the entire threads was too many coming up so i never did that and it worked great. but now its different. it doesnt work the same. its just odd.

gregory
06-01-2009, 05:34
What about the advanced search and use the google thing ?

Pao
06-01-2009, 06:04
yea i always use the advanced search and get as specific as possible. but i dont use google. i thought they had changed it but if its sounds weird to you maybe they archived all the threads and now nothing comes up? so strange! but ill miss the threads because they were really helpful. oh well.

gregory
06-01-2009, 06:08
yea i always use the advanced search and get as specific as possible. but i dont use google. i thought they had changed it but if its sounds weird to you maybe they archived all the threads and now nothing comes up? so strange! but ill miss the threads because they were really helpful. oh well.
I meant the google option in the advanced search.... I think it's GREAT....

Pao
06-01-2009, 06:11
oh i never used that lol maybe i should give it a try i am getting desperate since i cant find anything anymore :( thanks!!!