Hagstone

Grizabella

Someone here asked me about a hagstone once. It wasn't AJ, because I already sent her one a couple of years ago, but it was someone just recently. I don't remember if they're a subscribed member of AT, but if someone reads this and it was you, please send me a PM. :)

Jyscal

Me! Me! Just kidding, but id be very interest to find out what they are. Hope you find who your looking for.

Grizabella

A hagstone is a stone with holes all the way through and I guess the legend is that if you look through the holes---or one of the holes----you can see fairy rings. I wish I could remember who contacted me because I found the other one I had. We find them on the beaches here sometimes. This one has a hole shaped just like a heart in it. :)

LeaRoseQuartz

A heart shaped hole, how cool! That one sounds special! I've also heard of them being called holey stones and that is where the word, holy comes from. They are supposed to bring a person good luck, especially if you find one. I've found them in parking lots where they put stones around bushes and buildings. You can look through the hole, at the moon and make a wish. Mine are mostly the size of a walnut. Some are smooth, some are sort of rough and some have more than one hole. I have one that is the length of my palm, is flat, and is half an inch thick. I found it while hiking. Sometimes tumbled gemstones have a hole. I have a malachite one and some amber ones. I put a cord on them, to wear as pendants. I wear some of my holey stones that I found outside, too. You can also hang them over a door for good luck. It must take a very long time for water to drill a hole all the way through! Nature is so patient!

canid

I'd never heard them called Hagstones but that's a cool name. I've collected 3 over the years; I found 2 & my step-granddaughter found 1 & gave it to me. I'll keep it for her till she's a little older (she's 10). One's hanging on the bedroom wall by my pillow. They have to be natural holes, tho, I've always heard. You can't just go drilling into a rock.

Feretian

Why do I have to pm you?

I'm not proud. It was me.

And funny, I hadn't thought about it since, but yesterday or the day before I did remember I had asked you.

And I was trying to think of a polite way to remind you.

Hey, Griz, what about that hagstone?

:p:p:p

(Oh, and I also have never looked in the Rocks 'n Spices section before tonight.)