Odd coincidence

fairyhedgehog

I haven't been in here since March last year, and I have put my tarot cards away in the loft and not missed them since we moved over a year ago.

Then, this morning I woke up wanting to hold my old Hanson Roberts in my hand so I wrote a short story about a woman taking up tarot again after a long gap.

When I logged onto my pc this morning, I had an email about aeclectic! Isn't that a coincidence, after me thinking about tarot for the first time in nearly a year?

Astraea Aurora

Hey fairyhedgehog,

welcome back!

Seems it's meant to be ... you and Tarot. :D May your new-old journey be fruitful and revealing.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

MystiqueMoonlight

Seems it's the year for returns :) I had a similar incident after dealing with depression for the past 2 years.

Welcome back and blessed be.

fairyhedgehog

Hi! Thanks for the welcome back, Astraea Aurora and MystiqueMoonlight. I'm not sure I'm here to stay but it's nice to feel welcome

I've actually been suffering from exhaustion this last while (variously diagnosed as Chronic Fatigue and hypothyroidism). It's odd how tarot cards hold no interest when I'm tired.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering from depression, MM. I'm glad it's eased enough now for you to be in here.

re-pete-a

If you wish to change the course of that Depression, juice .

80% carrot,2 celerystalks plus leaves,1/4 lemon 1/2 skinned, and anything else you'd like to throw in.

Been there , done that!!

WolfSpirit

Welcome back fariryhedgehog :)
I hope you will find your tarot journey an inspirational one.
I think I saw you on the Nanowrimo forum ? I was going to say hi, I was not sure it was you...

fairyhedgehog

Yes, that was me on NaNo, WolfSpirit. I post as fairyhedgehog wherever I go (unless the name is taken, when I use some variant like faeryhedgehog.)

How did you get on? I wrote 24k this year - not as much as other years but a respectable story length. Now I need to go back and edit it.

Seafra

fairyhedgehog said:
I've actually been suffering from exhaustion this last while (variously diagnosed as Chronic Fatigue and hypothyroidism). It's odd how tarot cards hold no interest when I'm tired.

Welcome back fairyhedgehog. I too just returned after a too long time gone and I too have Chronic Fatigue. It is precisely that diagnosis that stops me from doing anything with the cards for income -- never know when the brain fog will move in. I love it when my deck finds a way to give me a shout out. Often means I'm going to feel healthy and grounded for a long run of time.

Wishing you some deep and restful sleep - Seafra

faunabay

Glad to see you back fairyhedgehog.....how ever long you can stay. :* We love having you around!!! :*

fairyhedgehog

Hi Seafra,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you have CFS too. The English National Health Service (NHS) are treating my fatigue almost as if it's an anxiety disorder. They seem to think it's caused by worrying about a virus that didn't get better, which affects your immune system and sets up a vicious circle. In my opinion this is poppycock. I hope you're getting better treatment than this.

I'm seeing a nice private doctor who is treating me for hypothyroidism. (If I was in the US I would be diagnosed as hypothyroid but the NHS doesn't see it that way.)

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better at the moment. The brain fog is a pain, I know. It's why I'm not working. You can't have a counsellor who zones out from time to time during a session!

It's funny how the cards are more attractive when I'm feeling well.
All the best,
FH