PDA

View Full Version : Crystals that absorb pain...

Wonderwoman
15-01-2009, 01:11
I would love to know what crystals absorb pain (literally). In your experiences which specific crystals when worn or used take away pain.

Thanks in Advance!

Ww :)

cardlady22
15-01-2009, 01:16
When my daughter had a hernia repair, I let her look through my tumbled stones. She chose rose quartz and snow quartz. She would lightly pass them around her face and stomach area as needed.

Wonderwoman
15-01-2009, 01:37
Thank you cardlady22, I will certainly try the rose quartz. I am experiencing pain on my left arm that goes from mild to intense :( :( :( depending on stress levels. I have tried massage therapy but it only helps temporarily. My medical doctor now recommends an MRI to see nerve/vertebrae. I am terrified already.
I will certainly try Rose Quartz today.

Ww ;)

When my daughter had a hernia repair, I let her look through my tumbled stones. She chose rose quartz and snow quartz. She would lightly pass them around her face and stomach area as needed.

cardlady22
15-01-2009, 01:43
Nerve pain might be a little different. (I don't have any personal experience for that.) The rose quartz definitely won't hurt because it should help you relax & soothe your stress. You may want to keep watching for other suggestions.

A quick trip round my collection of URLs is showing
lepidolite
watermelon tourmaline
tiger's eye

HarmonyWind
15-01-2009, 02:25
When I had a bad ruptured disc in my lower back with sciatica (lots of pain, and my leg was numb below the kneee), some flourite (a rainbow flourite heart) helped if it let it sit over the damaged area for about 20-30 minutes.

A new Shattuckite/Ajoite cab I had finally gotten around to ordering arrived during that time, and had a big effect for me-- took the pain away for a few hours the first evening I had it, and had perhaps an even more significant effect by adjusting my attitude/emotions so that I was full of joy and contentment that made the remaining pain not seem like any big deal.

Someone asked me how I was feeling the next day, and my immediate response was, "I'm doing great!!! After all, it's only pain." And I completely meant it. LOL. The neurosurgan who looked at my MRI results said I would need surgery (debris in the spinal column from the rupture had actually displaced or moved the nerve), but as I was in the process of a big move, I decided to wait until after the move, since one is not supposed to travel cross-country after a back surgery. However, it got better before I had a chance to have the surgery, which was perfectly fine with me :)

I do not always, or even often, get that sort of immediate, big effect from Shattuckite, but that one time, it really made a difference for me. In general, I find it to be a comforting, soothing, uplifting stone, though. It helped me through the pain in an amazing way, by helping me to be so happy and joyous and positive that I didn't care about the pain anymore, even though it only made the pain itself disappear for a few hours.

I suspect that each person responds differently to different stones, though.

diane drizzy
15-01-2009, 03:26
Amber is wonderful for pain. I have been using some pieces and must say I do find it helpful for my arthritis.

Wonderwoman
15-01-2009, 15:28
Thank you HarmonyWind, I have a fear that i might have done something to my upper discs/nerves. I am literally a stress ball, train wreck on my shoulders.

This is the first time i have heard of Shattuckite/Ajoite. I will certainly look for it online. I too experience temporary numbness on my left arm/hand fingers and sometimes if there is a lot of stress the left side of my face. I tall ya this times I get So Terrified and think this is it, i'm having a stroke and wont be able to talk ever again.

I now have set the appt for Friday night and pray for the best.

Thank you for your wise advise!

When I had a bad ruptured disc in my lower back with sciatica (lots of pain, and my leg was numb below the kneee), some flourite (a rainbow flourite heart) helped if it let it sit over the damaged area for about 20-30 minutes.

A new Shattuckite/Ajoite cab I had finally gotten around to ordering arrived during that time, and had a big effect for me-- took the pain away for a few hours the first evening I had it, and had perhaps an even more significant effect by adjusting my attitude/emotions so that I was full of joy and contentment that made the remaining pain not seem like any big deal.

Someone asked me how I was feeling the next day, and my immediate response was, "I'm doing great!!! After all, it's only pain." And I completely meant it. LOL. The neurosurgan who looked at my MRI results said I would need surgery (debris in the spinal column from the rupture had actually displaced or moved the nerve), but as I was in the process of a big move, I decided to wait until after the move, since one is not supposed to travel cross-country after a back surgery. However, it got better before I had a chance to have the surgery, which was perfectly fine with me :)

I do not always, or even often, get that sort of immediate, big effect from Shattuckite, but that one time, it really made a difference for me. In general, I find it to be a comforting, soothing, uplifting stone, though. It helped me through the pain in an amazing way, by helping me to be so happy and joyous and positive that I didn't care about the pain anymore, even though it only made the pain itself disappear for a few hours.

I suspect that each person responds differently to different stones, though.

Wonderwoman
15-01-2009, 15:30
Thank you diane drizzy, It looks like i will spend some time at bestcrystals this weekend!

Thanks! :)
Amber is wonderful for pain. I have been using some pieces and must say I do find it helpful for my arthritis.

LeaRoseQuartz
17-01-2009, 08:04
Hi, Wonderwoman! Sorry to hear about your pain. Try using bloodstone. I had a friend that had constant back pain and it always helped her.

Shallah
21-01-2009, 15:44
I can't leave it alone rubbing away tension in my jaw and aches and pains in my neck and shoulder. Putting on the back of my neck can send shivers of energy down my spine. It also is helping me release emotional stuff. It feels like it just breaks it up making the energy flow instead of tighten and knot up. After a few days of making friends and acclimating to it I think I feel ready to tuck it under my mattress for the night and see if I wake up less stiff and achy as my usual.

Wonderwoman
25-01-2009, 12:30
Hello My Friends, I thank you Kindly for all your advice! and will definitely have to hop online to order more stones as this ailment i believe will be here to stay with me..:( The neurosurgeon found my verts in trouble and more specifically he found that it was creating the pinched nerve and numbing sensation on my arm(s) and that awful persistent stabbing feeling on my neck. I will now be doing physical therapy (traction therapy) to relieve the pain. He also said this looked like the beginning of my life with Arthritis! Case Solved! now back to my pain!

Thank you once again for always reaching out to me! I love you guys/gals!

silverwings94
26-01-2009, 00:41
Hi Harmony Wind,
I am interested in this stone can you tell me where you were able to find this. I had knee surgery and I still have some pain, just enough to let me know it hurts. Medications are not working anymore so I am looking for crystals[that will help.
Thanks,
KatQUOTE=HarmonyWind]When I had a bad ruptured disc in my lower back with sciatica (lots of pain, and my leg was numb below the kneee), some flourite (a rainbow flourite heart) helped if it let it sit over the damaged area for about 20-30 minutes.

I suspect that each person responds differently to different stones, though.[/QUOTE]

Wonderwoman
26-01-2009, 12:48
I bought a hematite bracelet this afternoon and I dont know if its my hopeful spirit/optimism but I feel Tons Better not to mention even more energetic than i have been in days...And i have not taken any medicine today except for one aspirin earlier today...I hope this feeling lasts...

Anyone else had this experience with hematite..I feel it has almost absorbed the awful pain..

Ww :) ;)

cardlady22
26-01-2009, 12:58
Silverwings, you might try contacting Heaven & Earth in Vermont. Their fall/winter catalog #39 shows a shattuckite silica wire wrap pendant. It also offers tumbled pieces from 2 to 20 grams each.
~ pages 193 & 20
"contains shattuckite, ajoite, chrysocolla, malachite and quartz; an excellent stone for self-healing, clear communication, feminine empowerment, . . ."

HarmonyWind
26-01-2009, 13:01
It was a cabochon I had gotten on ebay several years ago, from a mine in Arizona.

It is possible to find shattuckite online, (a google search will turn up various sources), but be careful to look for a good amount of dark blue in it, as the pale blue stones people sell as shattuckite may be mostly chrysocolla). Shattuckite is a dark blue, often mixed with some lighter blue, and contains cuprite. Sometimes it will be mixed with other copper related minerals.

Shattuckite with Ajoite may be harder to find; it's been a while since I've looked for it.

Experiences with the stone will vary, of course. I've found it interesting to read the different descriptions of it in books and online and observe how what people say about it has changed over time.

I have created a new thread just for all things relating to shattuckite: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1738885#post1738885

DellArtista
07-02-2009, 08:49
I hope this post reaches you as pain-free as possible! :)

I've been told by several people I know that work with crystals that hematite is one of the first that they use for both physical pain & stresses although I've yet to use it myself.

I have a few physical pain problems & the two stones that seem to have worked best for me with that are green jade (for physical pain, particularly nerve pain & numbness) & red jade (for energy... I've read some people find the red jade to be too strong though).

What I really love is this piece I found in a local shop -- it's of green jade & is fashioned a bit like a kitchen rolling pin so it's easy to use to massage the pain. If you could find a piece like that it's something I'd definitely recommend to try, especially if it's with a crystal that works well with you.

*take good care & many healing thoughts*!

Wonderwoman
08-02-2009, 16:08
DellArtista,
Thank you for those kind thoughts! I did try the Hematite bracelet but after 48 hours I think it was a bit too strong for me..It started to give me panic-like attacks. I have not worn it since.
I have tried accupuncture and this has relieved most of the nerve tension. The numbness and pulling on my neck have subsided. I do feel the occassional tense (muscle tension) on my shoulders but not like before where it felt like a knife and then some intense pulling.
The pain is still there but on a much much lower scale.
I do have some jade but never tried it for pain relief. I also did not know about the red jade. I thank you for enlightening me on both. I have learned through all these years to always try remedies at least once in order to reach the one treatment that works.
I will venture into it all until this pain disappears!

Ww ;)

I hope this post reaches you as pain-free as possible! :)

I've been told by several people I know that work with crystals that hematite is one of the first that they use for both physical pain & stresses although I've yet to use it myself.

I have a few physical pain problems & the two stones that seem to have worked best for me with that are green jade (for physical pain, particularly nerve pain & numbness) & red jade (for energy... I've read some people find the red jade to be too strong though).

What I really love is this piece I found in a local shop -- it's of green jade & is fashioned a bit like a kitchen rolling pin so it's easy to use to massage the pain. If you could find a piece like that it's something I'd definitely recommend to try, especially if it's with a crystal that works well with you.

*take good care & many healing thoughts*!