Mantras for Majors (or minors)

Alissa

Hey, all ya'll... most of you won't know me. Some of the ancient kin will. I've been gone for nearly a year from AT, mostly off being mommy. And making things. And doing schtuff.

But in the interest of contributing a thread with some (ahem) meaningful content for the Talking Tarot forum, I thought I'd pose this question for all to play along...

What mantra would you give to a Tarot card?

I'm smack dab in the middle of a Wheel of Fortune year, which has been a wonderful new spin for Alissa let me tell you. And just before it officially began, I called it in with the following mantra that just came to me spontaneously one day in thought/non-thought.

"The Universe Loves to Give Me Money" - Wheel of Fortune card. (Say it with me, brother Umbrae!)

Now don't get yer knickers in a twist, jumping up to respond and tell me how the WoF card is more than money alone. But take it from me, it's a very powerfully good mantra so I thought to ask others what Tarot-related mantras they might come up with?

I'll throw one more out there...

"All that Glitters Isn't Gold" - Moon card.

Baroli

Good to see you Alissa!

Alissa said:
Now don't get yer knickers in a twist, jumping up to respond and tell me how the WoF card is more than money alone. But take it from me, it's a very powerfully good mantra so I thought to ask others what Tarot-related mantras they might come up with?

WAIT!! :bugeyed: The what the F, OOOHHHH I didn't see the o in WoF card.

Sheesh!!

A mantra??

"I've Gotta A Secret, I Might Tell You." (said in the neena neena neena chant). ~~~The High Priestess.

Like the money one, I am chanting that constantly....

Alissa

Barb! Daaahhhhling! :D How you been?

Baroli said:
"I've Gotta A Secret, I Might Tell You." (said in the neena neena neena chant). ~~~The High Priestess.

I'm loving this, good one! Kinda brings up the image of Mona Lisa's sly smile - maybe the Mona Lisa is the High Priestess... hmmmmm.

Here's something silly, because I'm feeling light hearted today:

"You've Got Mail" (in the old AOL voice) -- Ace of Wands (Wands felt most appropriate to me, but this could apply to almost any Ace actually).

Mateo06

"Party Hard" three of cups. Everytime I look at the card it looks like the three women are getting completely plastered.
4 of wands "eat, drink, and be merry"

Alissa

Mateo, you got me thinking on similar lines... how about this as well:

Live Long and Prosper (Star Trek, for those not familiar) -- 10 of Pentacles

I'm trying to think of a good card for this one:

Be excellent to each other (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)

Baroli

Be excellent to each other (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)

Two of cups. RW in mind.

Alissa

I thought of that, but I figured the love birds would need some sappy, ballad inspired, mooshymooshygooeygooey something instead. ;)

SherryZoned

Death--Out with the old in with the New

Mateo06

The world
"End of the line" or "Caution, dead end ahead."
the Devil
"Quittings for losers"

JennyFunk

Five of Cups "No use crying over spilled milk"

jah jah?