manifesting money

nisaba

Well, I have issues with money.

And today, despite the stinking-hot weather (we're talking The Sun Reversed and the Devil) and my body saying that sitting at the computer hammering away at a keyboard was about the most the body could cope with in the heat, I *still had to go out and pay for things like accommodation (how unreasonable of them!)

I took a bottle of water with me and splashed myself when heat exhaustion seemed not so far away, which gave me a fresh lease of life but as the Fates would have it, trickled along my body such that, when it seeped through my clothes, it looked as though I'd had an unfortunate accident <laughter>.

Along the way, I spoke to a nice Algerian boy who was feeling the heat as much as I was and was championing the cause of Amnesty International. Then I did my money-stuff, and completely couldn't face the trip home. So I sought refuge in an air-conditioned shopping centre which I knew contained a coffee shop, ordered myself a brew, and sat down.

I went to pull the book I'm currently reading out of my bag, to find I didn't have it. Bugger. So while I was waiting for my coffee, I pulled out the only deck that cruises around everywhere with me, the Granny Jones Australian Deck, which has lived in my bag since I bought it, from memory about 1992 or 1993.

Given that I was in public, I would have preferred something gorgeous, like the Klimt or the Mediaeval, or something quirky like the Quantum or the Motherpeace, or something slap-bang-traditional like the Marseilles, R-W or Visconti, but what the hey, you work with what you've got. In a very-close-to-conscious way I knew I wasn't in the business of doing a reading for myself so much as Generating Future Business. It wasn't a conscious plan, it was just the energy that was surrounding me.

So I did a five-card spread on how a particular person views my motivations in a given situation, and was pleasantly surprised (perhaps I should be less suspicious!). Then I did a quick three-card spread on my health (more accurate and cheaper than visiting a doctor!), and issues came up that I might have to think about facing one day.

My coffee arrived, and with it, a curious waitress.

"You read cards, do you?"

"Yes," with my warmest smile.

"You know, I had a reading last year that was just so spot-on. I didn't think so, everything sounded wrong, but as time passed it all happened exactly that way."

She was excited to talk about it, so I let her talk, then I gave her my spiel about readings (both Tarot and other forms of knowing) which is that they are like a running river: they show you the flow as it is at that moment. Now, you can jump in the river and just float with the flow - good OR bad - and events will likely carry you that way. However, if you wish to listen and pay attention to warning signs and negative things in the reading, you can put in a little effort and take steps to avoid them. It's just like swimming upstream instead of floating downstream: it take a bit more work, but it is quite do-able.

She wanted a reading. I offered her a business card, then asked if I could leave some cards for customers. She said yes. She wasn't the boss and the boss wasn't around, but I'll read for her, and afterwards I'll approach the boss on her recommendation about occupying a corner table for a day per week being available for public reading. They'll benefit: they'll have a "tourist attraction" plus I'll give them a cut, and I'll benefit with another day of regular readings both financially and in improving my skills.

Cool as. And on a stinking hot day. I like it when things happen in the flow.

Umbrae

Forum guidelines say that I'm not supposed to do one or two word posts...

But crap on a stick.

That's a beautiful post. Keep rockin'.

nisaba

Umbrae said:
Forum guidelines say that I'm not supposed to do one or two word posts...

But crap on a stick.

That's a beautiful post. Keep rockin'.
There's a couple of dozen words in that post! Not to mention a bit of thinking and some encouragement, for which I thank you. Surely they can't be *too* harsh on you. Oh, and next time you go out and have coffee, take a deck with you. <huge smiles>

Umbrae

nisaba said:
Oh, and next time you go out and have coffee, take a deck with you. <huge smiles>
That's a daily habit of mine...

PS (ETA) The Bacchus will be a fine one to carry in the evening. Perfect for a bottle of Red...

nisaba

Umbrae said:
The Bacchus will be a fine one to carry in the evening. Perfect for a bottle of Red...

Er ...

I have serious issues around the Bacchus and around alcohol generally. In fact, it was in my most recent parcel from the TarotGarden for exactly that reason: I need to face up to years of abuse and degradation at the hands of a rabid alcoholic, and the fact that I've swung too far the other way and get really, really uncomfortable in the presence of people who are not addicted having a single drink.

I've thumbed through it. The Hermit is, so far, the most challenging card of all: it reminds me of my ex's bloated, drink-reddened body sitting for twenty hours a day in front of trash-TV, pouring cheap rubbish down her throat. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the card is a direct portrait of her.

I need to spend time with it a a part of my recovery. On the other hand, I'm quite happy never to spend time with her ever again.

Cactus

nisaba said:
Er ...

I need to face up to years of abuse and degradation at the hands of a rabid alcoholic, and the fact that I've swung too far the other way and get really, really uncomfortable in the presence of people who are not addicted having a single drink.

Wow. That's some heavy stuff. You know, I had a friend who got divorced from her husband because when he got sober, she realized she didn't know him at all! She was married to a new person.

Not that she liked the alcoholic personality better, but she just did not know what he was truly like without alcohol.

Alcohol abuse is crazy.

OOnaOwl

Good on you, Nisaba! Those are some ninja moves! May they nourish your pocketbook with abundance!

nisaba

<cackle> thank you!

April

nisaba said:
She was excited to talk about it, so I let her talk, then I gave her my spiel about readings (both Tarot and other forms of knowing) which is that they are like a running river: they show you the flow as it is at that moment. Now, you can jump in the river and just float with the flow - good OR bad - and events will likely carry you that way. However, if you wish to listen and pay attention to warning signs and negative things in the reading, you can put in a little effort and take steps to avoid them. It's just like swimming upstream instead of floating downstream: it take a bit more work, but it is quite do-able.

That's very nice - much better than my spiel about meteorology! I've never thought about it like that before but I think it reminds me of the end of Siddhartha (I only think cuz it's been a while). But sometimes trying to go against the current might not be the best idea either, no? I'm wandering from the topic, so I'll just end with good job!

p.s. It's so cold here!

nisaba

<laughter> Thank you, and here - jump into my lazily running summer stream here. Lukewarm water and scorching air. Gotta love something as varied as a planet, eh?