What to do with a fanatic ...

mac22

Ok... There I was at a local faire[sponsored by the SGC] on my lunch break I was getting to know my newest deck the Dark Grimoire[Just got it yesterday].... Now it's my custom to spend a bit of time [a week or so] with a new deck before I use it to read for a Sitter/client... For me it's a bit like a new car I wanna see how it handles, corners, brakes before I wanna take it in commute traffic :p

So there I was munching on my sandwich studying my deck... When a girl walked up & gushed all over me, my Dark Grimoire deck etc. I politely told her I was on my lunch with a "new" deck that was "not in service yet".... This person was like a pitbull:laugh: on & on about "dark decks" I finally picked up my deck & finished my sandwich elsewhere.... As soon as I returned to my table she was back & she pestered me for a reading with the Dark Grimoire.... I politely refused.

On & off over the next 2 hrs [in between other sitters] she harrangued me for a reading with the Dark Grimoire. I kept refusing.....

Anyone else ever have a situition like this -- if so what did you do?

Thanks

Mac22

thorhammer

Ugh, what a perfectly "grim" situation :D

I think you were a great deal more temperate than I would have been. I don't put up with being harangued by anyone, and certainly not someone obviously wanting the attention that goes with being "into" dark stuff and woo woo :D

Good for you.

\m/ Kat

Debra

Well handled.

Option 2: Say yes, and explain your "special pricing" for special clients like her.

Baroli

I think she was trying to hit on you :laugh: Stranger things have happened.

Seriously, I have had people who insist that I am not reading the cards right, that I don't even dress like a tarot card reader so therefore I'm not for real.

Well, what does a "real Ta-rot card reader" look like?? Oh that's right, hooded figure with glowing see in the dark eyes.

Dude, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. You handled it well.

And sheesh!! On your lunch break. :rolleyes:

nisaba

mac22 said:
.... This person was like a pitbull:laugh: on & on about "dark decks" I finally picked up my deck & finished my sandwich elsewhere.... As soon as I returned to my table she was back & she pestered me for a reading with the Dark Grimoire.... I politely refused.

On & off over the next 2 hrs [in between other sitters] she harrangued me for a reading with the Dark Grimoire. I kept refusing.....

Anyone else ever have a situition like this -- if so what did you do?

Thanks

Mac22

Haven't encountered it, but if she didn't stop I'd be telling her that if she didn't leave me alone I'd be calling the police ...

mac22

Debra said:
Well handled.

Option 2: Say yes, and explain your "special pricing" for special clients like her.

ROTFMAO .... trust me I thought about it.... but didn't want to find a mop to clean up....:)

Mac22

Baroli

mac22 said:
ROTFMAO .... trust me I thought about it.... but didn't want to find a mop to clean up....:)

Mac22

ROFLMAO!!!!

mac22

Baroli said:
I think she was trying to hit on you :laugh: Stranger things have happened.

Seriously, I have had people who insist that I am not reading the cards right, that I don't even dress like a tarot card reader so therefore I'm not for real.

Well, what does a "real Ta-rot card reader" look like?? Oh that's right, hooded figure with glowing see in the dark eyes.

Dude, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. You handled it well.

I tell 'em I left the cape & "glowing eyes" in the car.

Baroli said:
And sheesh!! On your lunch break. :rolleyes:

Had my hand lettered sign up & everything....:laugh:

Mac22

mac22

thorhammer said:
Ugh, what a perfectly "grim" situation :D

I think you were a great deal more temperate than I would have been. I don't put up with being harangued by anyone, and certainly not someone obviously wanting the attention that goes with being "into" dark stuff and woo woo :D

Good for you.

\m/ Kat

Thanks....

I was really at some what of a loss as to what to do....

Mac22

contrascarpe

Being the old fart that I am, I would have:

1) Done a reading for her
2) Told her it was a premium deck and therefore subject to a different pricing scheme
3) Given her the dark reading she wanted - no holds barred

But seriously (OK, that was semi-serious), I have never let a new deck hold me back from doing a reading. Either I am ready or I am not. If you were not ready for a reading, don't be shy - put away the deck and never apologize for not being ready to read with it.