Has anyone heard of something for bedwetting??

becrmathis

I heard awhile back about some type of oil your put on the belly before bedtime and it stops the child from bedwetting, anyone know what that is? Or any suggestions that are all natural as my daughter can not take the medication to stop bedwetting. Thanks All

Penfold

No idea what crystals will help......my little Brother had a terrible time bed wetting when he was younger and the more he fretted about it the worse it got, my poor mother tried everything and what worked was waking him up during the night to go to the toilet, after about a month he started waking up himself at the allotted time and taking himself to the toilet.

We also put a little torch next to his bed so he would not be affraid of going to the bathroom in the dark and set targets for him such as a reward if his sheets stayed dry for 2 nights, then 4, then a week ....

Good luck and I have been reading all about Rose Quartz, it might settle her anxieties about the bed wetting.

Grigori

How old is your daughter becrmathis? Any patterns that you've noticed, when it occurs, when it doesn't etc..

becrmathis

My daughter is 8 years old has always wet, but it seems to be in more amounts. And is nightly not periodically. She does not wake up, but to take off the wet clothes or move to a different bed(sometimes). She is not embarressed by it at all and that does not help in the aid of "fixing" the problem.

sstack2

My daughter was a bedwetter up until she was 9 years old. I took her to a hypnotist and the problem stopped after 3 sessions. That was more than 20 years ago and she never relapsed.

HearthCricket

Bedwetting every night sounds serious. Have you had her checked out by doctors to see what the cause is, like kidney problems or diabetes? Once the prognosis is in and certain things eliminated, then you can look into natural alternatives, like hypnosis, herbs, etc. But first find the cause.

Netzach

OK, with my doctor's hat on . . .

It all depends how old she is. Children do tend to grow out of bedwetting by the age of about nine . . . but it's a long time to wait and a lot of sheet-washing to do meantime.

The most important thing is not to make her feel guilty about it, because this will cause tension which will make the problem worse.

You mention medication, which suggests that you've consulted your doctor about it. If he hasn't doesn't so, ask him to test her urine. There's unlikely to be any problem there but, just occasionally, bedwetting can be associated with a urinary tract infection.

As to non-drug treatments, there are several which work well. The first is a 'buzzer' which your doctor ought to be able to get for you (or tell you where you can get it). You put it in the bed and, as soon as it gets even slightly damp, it goes off and wakes the child up. Over a period of time, the child gets so used to waking up just as she is starting to wet the bed that, eventually, she will wake up just before . . . and in time to get to the loo.

The next treatment (which is my favourite) is hypnotherapy. However, this doesn't really work until the child is about 8 or 9 . . . old enough to co-operate. But it does work a treat for kids who are suitable. You would need to see a medical hypnotherapist and, here again, your doctor should be able to advise you.

A third option is homoeopathy. You would need to see a therapist . . . it's not a situation where you can self treat . . . and it might take a while to clear up, but it's a very safe and gentle method of treatment. And it's suitable for children of any age.

And finally, there's acupuncture. However, this isn't always suitable for children because of the 'needle' aspect. However, for kids who don't mind needles, it can work extremely well. Like homoeopathy, there's no minimum age limit. And like homoeopathy, you need to see a properly qualified therapist . . . not just a doctor who uses the therapy (and probably hasn't done a full training).

raeanne

Hello,
I had a son with this problem. There is a medication that your doctor can prescribe that works very well. However, if the child stops taking the medicine the problem returns. Unfortunately my son didn’t like taking a pill. He had trouble swallowing it. We also tried the buzzer pad. It also worked but my son would undermine that as well. The doctors checked him out and he was fine. What the doctor told me was that some children just don’t register the feeling of a full bladder. However, when they get to an age nearing puberty, their body begins to notice this area of their body and the bedwetting stops on its own.

LadyKathryn

OK just my two cents here... i forget her name..but there is something called the little blue book of affermations....

it's the idea that any physical ailment is caused by a psychological root.

bed wetting = fear of the father/ father figure.

This may or may not be true.... but honestly it held true for me.

I was seriously abused as an infant. but was potty trained..... then after i was adopted... i got BURNED.. it was a total accident...and i've always known that...but it was my new father who was involved in the accident.

well there went the potty training...and seriously i think i wet the bed until i was almost 12 or 13....

soooooooooooooooooo maybe hypnotherapy isn't such a bad idea afterall.

anyway...good luck...and just let your daughter know she's safe and loved and it's not a big deal that she wets. She'll feel more confident... and confidence is ALWAYS a huge assett when dealing with problems!

floracove

excuse me...