PDA

View Full Version : non-subscriber issues

fairyhedgehog
01-02-2003, 21:20
Is there some way of sending an automatic pm when a post or thread has to be moved from the public to the subscribers section?

And can we label the events section more clearly as a public read-only section where only subscribers can post?

And could the Subscribers section be more clearly marked to draw attention to the fact that a) it is subscriber only and b) there is some good stuff for people who choose to subscribe?

I fully support the way the forum has moved to provide perks for subscribers while keeping tarot matters open to all. I just think we are now coming across some teething troubles and we could make life smoother in the future for us all.

LaLaBella
01-02-2003, 21:46
You have a point. As a matter of fact, I considered commenting on it when a non-subscriber's thread got moved to a subscriber's forum. But I'm non-confrontational unless it involves the my children or husband.
It is not fair to the non-subscribing creator of the thread if their thread gets moved to a place where they cannot access. But that's my 2 cents worth...

wavebreaker
01-02-2003, 22:06
Originally posted by fairyhedgehog
Is there some way of sending an automatic pm when a post or thread has to be moved from the public to the subscribers section?It's not possible to do that automatically, but we will make sure that, from now on, posters will always be PMed when their thread is moved from a public to a subscriber-only forum.

And can we label the events section more clearly as a public read-only section where only subscribers can post?Good idea.

And could the Subscribers section be more clearly marked to draw attention to the fact that a) it is subscriber only and b) there is some good stuff for people who choose to subscribe?Actually, the whole Subscribers sections isn't visible for non-subscribers, so non-subscribers won't even know it's there. But yes, it would be an idea to give some sort of indication that it's there

I fully support the way the forum has moved to provide perks for subscribers while keeping tarot matters open to all. I just think we are now coming across some teething troubles and we could make life smoother in the future for us all. I agree, and thank you for your suggestions!