My first (accidental) client!

autumnsdaughter

Well, I have been toying with the idea of going professional... but I never really thought I'd actually do it- for one, I don't have a ton of confidence, and for two, I kind of laugh at the idea that anyone would pay for a reading from me. But, it seems that the universe has decided for me! :D I feel like the baby bird getting booted out of the nest!

My mother told a friend of hers that I read tarot and this friend now wants me to give her a reading- for 20 bucks! Pretty good! She also wants me to come and do a party- but that's a bit too scary for me right now...

So I'm really excited, but goodness, it's scary! EEEEK!

Any words of wisdom? Sedatives? :D

Jyscal

Well done!! Im nowhere near a professional, but my humble advice would be to just stay calm and dont panic. Easier said than done i know but, remember its happened for a reason. I think as your first professional reading (if you decide to go) it will help build that confidence of yours up. Im not saying im Mr Confident myself, but if i just think things through carefully, they're not so scary.
Wishing you all the best.

nisaba

Just remember, they';ll be more nervous than you are. You're the one in the position of authority. It is the words that come out of your mouth that matter. Use a spread you're familiar with, use a deck you're comfortable with, and say the first thing that comes into your mind. And do not let your voice go into question mode - as I said, you're in your own field of expertise.

You won't blow it unless you feel apologetic or inferior. Go for it.

janee

How exciting, just breathe, breathe, and then whoooooa.

re-pete-a

Breathing is a good Idea, loonngg, gentle, deep.

Say what you see and feel. leave your brain outside.
As much as you can , keep I out of it.

Seriousness makes the mind bog down or stuck.
Admiration, appreciation, have the tendency to free the mind by lightening the mood. Unsticking .

Be honest with respect, it builds trust between you ,your clients and the deck.

Accept the money, otherwise you brand yourself as not worthy of payment.
At another level of mind

Give the money back ,if you want to ,AFTERWARDS. But accept it first.

As a point of interest, FEEL what you feel like when you first accept payment,Then you'll know what is ment by the above.

Cactus

This happened for a reason - someone had confidence in your tarot reading. So show them and yourself that you really are a professional.

Realize that you can give someone else a good reading. Don't doubt yourself because then you increase the risk of being blocked or stumbling. Just let everything flow and know that you're supported by the Universe, as well as your friends here and your mom who recommended you!

satinangel

Jump in! The water is fine!

Go for it! :) Yes, breathe! ...and keep a water bottle nearby, you'll want it.

The first one is scary...I remember sitting there literally with sweat rolling down my spine and shaking like a leaf! ...but I plowed through...and that gal is a steady client that brings me MANY referrals!

As for the party...I say go for that too! You'll have so much fun!! It's rapid fire readings...a GREAT way to get your professional business rolling!!!

starrystarrynight

Good for you, autumnsdaughter!

Just remember to smile and to look into the client's eyes, sometimes. Also, speak with authority. And drink lots of water. :D

Rev_Vesta

reading

wow... just awesome..... fantastic......

Prepare yourself.........with meditation, connection to your Guides, crystals....candle,cloth, a deck you truly connect with......

know that within you are supported with love......

your Mum believed in you and has faith in your connection to The Universe.....

You are so special and have the ability to offer Guidance..........

You can decide do you want to record your readings or do you want to write them down before discussing with Client..

just remember when you look at the cards, the spread..........take a very slow breath allowing the connection to form and the words to flow........

Say what you see within.........speak clearly and slowly......and you will do great.....

At the Tarot Party take a bottle of water........and know that you offer Guidance with Clarity........

Sending you love and light...

Vesta

moderndayruth

Congrats, autumnsdaughter! I don't have a wise advice, ( i do have great herbal sedatives though :D), just wanted to wish you the best of luck! :thumbsup: