Alignments

WhiteRaven

Would someone please explain to me the alignment that is supposed to be in place on February 14th.

Minderwiz

For what it's worth you could try

http://merliannews.com/Astrology_11...h_February_2009_by_Dr_Jude_Currivan_PhD.shtml

This is not particularly Valentine's day specific, it's a mid Feb thing.

However of slightly more interest, is the close sextile between Mars in Aquarius and Venus in Aries. Mars having slightly the upper hand here. Mars is also closely conjunct to the North Node (and of course therefore in opposition to the South Node). Venus is Sextile the North Node and therefore trine the South Node, making an interesting right angle triangle, with not a degree of separation between each of the constituent aspects.

This would be an intesting challenge for interpretation. This extent of closeness is greatest on Valentine's Day (at least in UK)

WhiteRaven

I do believe that this is the exact thing I've heard about! :) I'm far from being an expert in this. Anyone that would be willing to give a shot at interpretation of this, it would be great!

Minderwiz

Well interpretation very much depends on context and clearly the context here is that of Valentine's day and the consequent romantic dimension.

Within the context of romance, Mars and Venus can be seen as the male and female principles in general or specific lovers in particular. A sextile is a comfortable easy aspect (though by no means the strongest) Neither of the planets is traditionally essentially strong, Mars being the stronger of the two and also being Venus' ruler.

So the sextile of these two is nice but not wonderfully romantic. The interest comes from the aspects to the Nodes. The North/South Node axis can be interpreted in a number of ways and a modern slant is to look on the axis as a sort of developmental journey from South to North.

The South Node is in Leo, the North in Aquarius. Now a modern perspective might see the development as being from the rather self centred stance of liking to show off and display, to a more humanitarian concern with the future of mankind.

On a traditional basis, Leo is a bestial, feral, barren but humane sign, Aquarius a humane sign. So you might read a similar message, of moving from the animal to the humane though traditional astrologers did not have the sort of concept of development that many do now.

As Leo as a barren sign and Aquarius is not particularly fruitful, this doesn't say much about and Valentine's Day unions. Some would point out that Jupiter is also conjunct Mars and the North Node and this must also symbolise growth and expansion. Sadly Jupiter is weak in Aquarius and also happens to be Retrograde. So there's no guarantee that Jupiter's contribution will be that beneficial.

I've not bothered with the houses because that depends largely on where you are and what time you use (It is debatable when this alignment is at it's 'strongest' because all planets and points are moving relative to each other).

Interesting but nothing particularly special. At best a reminder in the heavens of Valentine's Day on Earth.

WhiteRaven

Thank you, Minderwiz! :)

I searched to find what I had read earlier before starting the thread and finally found it! This is what I had found:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We measure our global sense of both space (latitude and longitude) and time (universal time - UT or GMT) from the prime meridian located at Greenwich, England. We can perceive the collective influence of this momentous astrological event (February 14th) by looking at the alignment from this globally centered perspective. When we do, something extraordinary and exquisite emerges.

At dawn on 14th February the day dedicated to St Valentine, the patron saint of Love, the Moon in Libra enters the seventh house of relationships. And Jupiter and Mars are aligned in Aquarius in the twelfth house of spiritual transformation.

Forty years ago, the intuitive words of a song called Aquarius, brought the dawning of the New Age into our collective awareness:

"When the Moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

Then peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars.
"

At dawn on 14th February the Cosmos actually embodies this perfect alignment to support our collective manifestation of Love and Peace, and the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

The Aquarian chart of 14th February reveals an incredible concentration of Cosmic influences blending with the energies of Aquarius in the twelfth house. Expansive Jupiter and energetic Mars are aligned with the higher purpose of the North Node. The presence of Chiron the wounded healer offers us the opportunity to heal the schisms that have separated us for so long. Neptune emphasizes collective humanitarian movements and the co-creation of social justice. And the presence of the radiant Sun enlightens the entire alignment.

Mercury also in the twelfth house but just beyond the cusp in Capricorn, allies with transformational Pluto to communicate and anchor the Shift throughout our global structures and institutions.

The Moon in Libra in the seventh house emphasizes harmonious real -ationships.

Venus in Aries in the first house energizes and empowers dynamic co-creativity.

And whilst Saturn the great task master in opposition to Uranus the unexpected awakener is suggesting an ongoing confrontation as the dregs of the unsustainable old paradigm reluctantly give way to the untested hope of the new, their placements in Virgo and Pisces brings practical altruism and visionary inspiration to the transition.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Any thoughts on this?

Minderwiz

Depends whether you take the song seriously :)

It also depends on what House system you are using to get all of those features in.

From the point of view of the song, the Jupiter/Mars/North Node conjunction is the most intersting feature of the chart

However Jupiter is debilitated and Mars is only just neutral. There's no Astrological power here, as an indicator of the 'dawning of the Age of Aquarius' it's a damp squib.

The Moon is actually very nearly leaving the seventh and for a Valentine's Day significance I'd want it in the fifth.

It also assumes that you see the twelfth as a House of spiritual transformation, when traditionally it's one of the weaker and darker houses of the chart. More to do with self undoing, hidden enemies, prisons, hospitals, large animals than anything spiritual. Spiritual is ninth house. Indeed the accidental dignities of Mars and Jupiter are negative due to their position in the twelfth - so they're even weaker.

Lastly it depends on the view from the UK. Shift away a few degrees in longitude and the whole thing falls down. So only if you regard the Greenwich Meridian as a mystical and special place does this have the meaning attributed in your source.

So, if you're an aging hippy living in the UK, who doesn't mind a little bit of Astrological imprecision then this does have meaning.

Gavriela

LOL. The moon is also in the via combusta.

But as a trivial aside, the opening of the musical Hair was indeed elected for the moon in the 7th house, and Jupiter aligned with Mars. I don't have it right handy but if I find the chart, I shall post it.

Best -
Gav

WhiteRaven

Minderwiz said:
Depends whether you take the song seriously :)

It also depends on what House system you are using to get all of those features in.

From the point of view of the song, the Jupiter/Mars/North Node conjunction is the most intersting feature of the chart

However Jupiter is debilitated and Mars is only just neutral. There's no Astrological power here, as an indicator of the 'dawning of the Age of Aquarius' it's a damp squib.

The Moon is actually very nearly leaving the seventh and for a Valentine's Day significance I'd want it in the fifth.

It also assumes that you see the twelfth as a House of spiritual transformation, when traditionally it's one of the weaker and darker houses of the chart. More to do with self undoing, hidden enemies, prisons, hospitals, large animals than anything spiritual. Spiritual is ninth house. Indeed the accidental dignities of Mars and Jupiter are negative due to their position in the twelfth - so they're even weaker.

Lastly it depends on the view from the UK. Shift away a few degrees in longitude and the whole thing falls down. So only if you regard the Greenwich Meridian as a mystical and special place does this have the meaning attributed in your source.

So, if you're an aging hippy living in the UK, who doesn't mind a little bit of Astrological imprecision then this does have meaning.

LOL...well, I'm not an aging hippy living in the UK so we are safe then! :p I was just very curious after reading this. I do believe I'm more of an aging "cat"..and my curiosity just got the best of me! ;)

Thank you again for your own interp before....and Happy Valentine's Day!
:)

Elven

Hi WhiteRaven :)

I was sent that chart and had a look at the Sabian Symbols for the positions and it thought it was interesting that the symbols (although give a mention of enlightenment and inner transformation and change) also could be interpreted as confrontational.
What I got from the alignment from the Symbols (which happens at 6:45am here in Oz) was that there were some positively aspected changes coming into play in the Middle East - discoverys reflections from the past.
I got the impression that anything trying to pass concensus in USA will be blocked, while other things will go ahead.

Apparently this alignment only lasts for 18 minutes or something - so for some people it will be great and empowering and the others will find it restrictive ...

As you know my astrology is not great - but I thought I'd give it a go. :p

Cheers
Elven x

WhiteRaven

Elven said:
Hi WhiteRaven :)

I was sent that chart and had a look at the Sabian Symbols for the positions and it thought it was interesting that the symbols (although give a mention of enlightenment and inner transformation and change) also could be interpreted as confrontational.
What I got from the alignment from the Symbols (which happens at 6:45am here in Oz) was that there were some positively aspected changes coming into play in the Middle East - discoverys reflections from the past.
I got the impression that anything trying to pass concensus in USA will be blocked, while other things will go ahead.

Apparently this alignment only lasts for 18 minutes or something - so for some people it will be great and empowering and the others will find it restrictive ...

As you know my astrology is not great - but I thought I'd give it a go. :p

Cheers
Elven x

:) :) :)
Thank you!! :)