Re: FIRST CLASS MAILIING IN USA...

tarotlyn

Re: FIRST CLASS MAILIING IN USA...

...not sure, Sulis, if this is posted in the right thread...please move it it need be:heart:

If you are only mailing "one" deck in the USA, here is some info:

I just received one deck (from an AT'er in the trade thread) and it was
mailed by FIRST CLASS rate...sent from Missouri to California...

the cost: was only $2.53 for one deck (the whispering tarot deck in it's
heavy cardboard box.)

...and it got here in 2 days! Mailed on the 9th and got here on the 11th.

The mailing envelope is a small heavily padded "Ready Post" mailer you can
buy right at the post office. Deck arrived in perfect condition.

Just wanted to let everyone know.:heart:

ETA: not sure about if you can mail regular packages, but the padded envelopes
are really very thick and protective. Also not sure of the pound limit for first class...
...maybe someone else on AT knows about that...

:):heart:

Sinduction

That's how I post! Never had problems when mailing in the states.

Grizabella

Same here. Never a problem mailing in the US and I'm 63 years old. Mailing to Canada, I can't say the same. Mailing to the UK, the package outright never got there.

The weight limit for first class is 13 ounces. Above that weight, you can do parcel post.

cardlady22

I've received 3 decks in those "shredded-paper-padded" envelopes. One came through perfect. The other two had one box corner that had poked through the outer layer.

Some of the books I have ordered look like those mailers get hung up in the machines or something. Personally, as a "receiver" I prefer the bubble mailer (so there's some form of plastic lining) and Delivery Confirmation so I can pop online and see it as it moves through each station. I do pay extra to have it come Priority in the US.

Grizabella

I use the bubble mailers usually. Often, though, I also use the flat rate big envelopes or flat rate boxes. It all just depends on what's the most appropriate and best value.

cardlady22

Yes, those flat-rate boxes that are about the size for a VHS movie work perfectly! I had one that was sent in the large-size and the sender made sure to wrap in bubble wrap & tape my deck box to the inside of the box so it wouldn't flop around in there. Worked very well.

ETA: I had some hair-raising moments sending my payments via First-Class. They did get there in about a week, but Certified Mail didn't show any of the stops along the way. It made me think they were lost!

WalesWoman

You can track mail with Delivery Confirmation, it costs .65.

Tansey Ella

I hate the mailers that seem to have shredded matted paper in them. When I open the package it just flies all over the place. I too prefer the bubble rap. But you do what you have too.
How many of you save your packages and use use them again? I do that all the time, I make sure I black our any identifying things and "re- mail" (like re- gift)
I always add the cheapest delivery confirmation , 75 cents they said.

Recently I have had my packages opened. ( it appears they have been opened but contents were not harmed) I live in a very uptight religious community and the slightest hint of "witchcraft" could get the local natives looking through your mail,trash, or yard.

Myrrha

Tansey said:
Recently I have had my packages opened. I live in a very uptight religious community and the slightest hint of "witchcraft" could get the local natives looking through your mail,trash, or yard.,

:bugeyed: :bugeyed: Wow that is scary. Maybe if you mention that to shippers they could package them extra securely. The post office is not supposed to open mail except for media mail (to ensure that the contents are acceptable) but it probably wouldn't do any good to complain if the local postmaster goes to church with the head witchhunter.

souljourney

Tansey said:
Recently I have had my packages opened. I live in a very uptight religious community and the slightest hint of "witchcraft" could get the local natives looking through your mail,trash, or yard.,

Ok that really is creepy. Who opened the packages? P.O?