How Do Inititals In Exchanges Work?

KnightOfWands

I've been exchanging with a few friends who aren't on the forum, and we use first initials instead of names, like most of you do here. Some of my friends use X as an initial when they don't want to reveal an identity through a first initial.

Is this method accurate? I give accurate results when I read with X as an initial, but I don't understand how it works. Is it just the intention and the thought behind posting the initial or the X from the querent that narrows down who the reading is about?

Any help with this or any thoughts would be great!

rwcarter

KoW,

I may not be understanding your question, but here goes anyway. When you're reading for another person, you're reading for that person whether you know their name or not. Whether Sue tells you her name is Sue, Alice or X, you're still reading for Sue and the universe/tarot/higher powers/powers within you knows that.

When I do readings for folks here on AT, I usually use their screen names even if I know their real names. I don't believe that the name/screen name/initial that I use has any impact on the reading.

Rodney

SunChariot

KnightOfWands said:
I've been exchanging with a few friends who aren't on the forum, and we use first initials instead of names, like most of you do here. Some of my friends use X as an initial when they don't want to reveal an identity through a first initial.

Is this method accurate? I give accurate results when I read with X as an initial, but I don't understand how it works. Is it just the intention and the thought behind posting the initial or the X from the querent that narrows down who the reading is about?

I personally wouldn't do it, as it is best to be claer as to avoid confusion. I ask the first name of the person, not the last. For a reading to be accurate, the powers that send us the answers need to be on the same page as the querent so the question is clear. If the querent asks about "H.C" and he/she knows two people with the inituals "H.C" then he/she might mean one person and the universe might send an answer abotu the other. I find it best to be as clear as possible with the question.

In theory though, you don't actually even need the querent to pose a question to get a correct answer. You can just ask what is the answer to the issue that is on their mind right now, and pertinent info will come up for that issue.

The powers that send the answers can just tune into the mind of the querent and know what is on their minds. So it might even be easier to elimiate the initial altogther and ask "What does "Joanne" (substitude querent's name here) need to know right now about the person who is on her mind in relation to this question?"...or something similar... That ought to work and you would not even need to use the initial...

Those are my thoughts on that...

And please trust yourself.:heart: That is an important part of being a reader. In the same sentence you asked if your method is accurate and then said you are getting accurate results with it. If you are getting accurate results then of course it is is accurate. For you. That's all there is to it and that's all that matters.

It does not matter one bit if it works for others or not. If it's accurate for you then it's accurate for you and no one else's opinions matter. Different things are accurate for different people. We are all different inside, with differnt personalities and upbringings etc. You can only know from your own peronal experience if something is accurate for you and from what you are saying this is. It makes no difference if it is accurate for someone else or not. If it is for you , then it is for you...period. :grin:

Babs

KnightOfWands

Thanks kids! I would assume that using the full first name would get all of the kinks out of the way. But, X does work and so do initials. I guess it's just who you read for and what your reading style is like.

SunChariot

Exactly we all have different reading styles and different things work for each of us. I know many here on AT can do yes/no questions. I have never been able to. I tried all the prescribed methods when I was starting out and the answers were like 50% accurate, the same as you could get by guessing. The last time I used the cards for yes/no questions the answer was actually accurate. LOL Finally in my desperation, I just asked the cards "Are yes/no questions ever going to work for me?" I got a clear no.

Well that was clear enough. I dropped them like a hot potato and have never used them since. Instead I found ways to rephrase the question to get the same answers without the yes/no format. Yet, they do work and well enough for others. The just are not accurate for me personally.

Once you find what works for you hang onto it, and once you find what doesn't let it go...in Tarot...

Babs

Sinduction

Sometimes I don't even need initials. When I do live chat readings, I'm usually asked, "What about my daughter/husband/friend/cousin, etc. I don't know anyone's names, other than a screen name and who knows who I'm really communicating with?

It will only hinder you if you believe it will and allow it too. :D

Grizabella

I agree with Sin.

And even if you ask for someone's name----for instance Mary Rodakowski-----there are a million of those in the world, however unusual you think the name is. Millions more if you only use a first name. So it's silly to think the Universe is going to know more from a name than from an initial. If you're going to limit your "Universe" that way, then I suppose your readings will also be limited because you think they will be. You don't even have to have a name or a screen ID, in my opinion. You just read and trust the Universe knows and will give you the answer.

nisaba

KnightOfWands said:

Nearly all of my readings, on-line or in person, are anonymous. I never ask someone's name unless I'm booking a future appointment to write down in the diary and that is rare, and only a minority volunteer their names. Online, if someone has an alias or a nickname that I know them by on a forum or an email list community, I usually have a sense of them as a person based on previous communications, that's fine with me. Even something indirect like "My sister asked me to ask you..." also works for me.

Alta

I don't think it matters either. Just try and find an email addy that someone else hasn't taken! There is almost nothing unique in names. It is the energy or personality that matters and that can be conveyed in any way including initials.

Though honestly better to use a different initial for each person, don't call everyone in the situation X. Too confusing!

Alta