My first client!

WinterRose

OK, forgive my bouncing a little, because I've just had my first professional client. I've been toying with the idea for some time, and never got started because I didn't have the confidence in my own reading skills....until I finally got a kick up the backside from my deck when I was doing a reading about my finances. I've had a fair bit of practice reading for others, and I've found that (strangely) I'm better when I'm not face to face with them. Some of my most spot-on readings have been done for others online with nothing but a name to connect me and them, so I've decided to sell online (I've started with Ebay) Since I'm just starting out with doing this professionally, I've decided to only charge small amounts - I'm currently asking for only £5.99 (which is only something like $3, possibly less). I didn't get much feedback from my first client (Ebay's feedback system isn't great for that!) but I did get thanked for a 'great reading', even though the results probably weren't what she wanted to hear.

nisaba

Well done!

The face-to-face thing isn't really so surprising. Cards are cards, and always work. A client's body-language (and sometimes body-odour) can be off-putting and make the reading more difficult. Well done.

blackroseivy

Actually, that's something like $10.00. The dollar is much weaker than the pound.

However, it's good that you were able to deliver a message that may not have been all sweetness & light - so often that's what it means to be a reader. Of course, whether or not the message is heard - let alone acted upon - is another kettle of fish entirely...