Reading with a hangover

w0ndrfulelectr1c

So I went to the bar last night for a friend's going away party. I didn't get completely smashed, but I definitely had a few.

I tried reading today before work with my Deviant Moon tarot and I got the same answer for everything. Cups! Smartass!

My point is this. If you're sick or tired or hung over or emotionally not your best, do your readings make sure to remind you? Or do they just not make sense at all?

WinterRose

I get really fuzzy readings. Also, I have one deck I can't use at all because it has a really unruly knight of wands which KEEPS jumping out and shouting in my face. This is a deck I got from someone else, who was rather controlling, and I know why this card keeps coming up - it's telling me to get rid and change, step into my own beliefs, cut all ties with her and get another deck.

stefficus

hee.

i've found that sometimes the readings that don't make sense often make more sense when i look at the same cards from a more lucid place. i recently did an important (to me) reading when i was so tired i had nystagmus and the pictures on the cards were jumping around. but after a couple of hours of sleep, hey there hi there, the same draw made PERFECT sense.

that said... yeah, sometimes the cards go a little literal on me. ha-ha, very funny. the subconscious speaks in strange ways, so it's not that odd that sometimes it says, "come back when you're paying attention."

Cactus

Well, I have always felt that I shouldn't read when I'm not feeling my best or are tired. It depends on your ability to really center yourself and clear your mind to prepare for the reading. If you can't do that (headaches, nausea, too tired, etc.) then I think it might affect the reading.

Or it just might confirm what you're feeling (hangover/drinking/cups) as a reminder that that's allo you're going to get right now. Then it's basically saying to wait until you feel better to hear about other issues!

Jyscal

I could never read the cards properly if i were hungover. I don't drink that often, but i know when i do the only think i feel like doing is lying in bed and watching movies! I've also tried doing a reading after having one or two drinks with a friend, but the pictures where jumping all over the place so i had to put the deck away. I know some readers say that having a glass or two of wine for example helps them to focus a bit more, but perhaps i need to gain a bit more confidence before i am able to move to that level.

Grizabella

Oh my gosh! Just the thought of a hangover makes my head hurt and my stomach roll. Ewwww! There's no way I could have read with a hangover and, although I can read when I'm sick, I just don't feel like it so I usually don't.

Lysh

ha....yeah...I cannot read cards correctly if I am sick or (for sure) hung over! I really have to be in a pretty good balanced place to read cards and feel confident with my readings.
However, it's funny they gave you all cups! :)

swimming in tarot

I'm not one to get drunk, but if I've got some obsessive thought and I turn to the cards, they'll just pun at me and throw my question back in my face, pretty much suggesting that they're not going to cooperate until I'm ready to listen.

SharonS

I've never tried to read with a hangover. The thought of it makes me cringe.

Aladdin

Oddly enough the remains of my brain sometimes chime in much better after several of what the Australians would call "stubbies".
Trying to read with a migrane type headache or when very run down always gives me nonsense.