The Queens and their beauty

moonpixie

Hi, I was wondering what people thought each of the Queens own physical beauty was? Is there a Queen who is considered more beautiful than the others? Is there a Queen who is lacking in good physical features? If so, why?

From what I've read the QoC seems to be referred to as the most physically attractive; while in my own opinion I would suggest the Qos is the least attractive.

Any opinions?

Alta

Good thought. I tend to have age-related thoughts about the queens, with the Queens of pentacles & swords being the most mature and the Queens of wands cups being younger and possibly flightier.

Physical beauty isn't that correlated with the suit traits though. All lovely women do not, for example, have cups-like personalities. I suspect though that the Queen of cups would come across as the most feminine and hence that might correlate. The queen of swords might be seen as a somewhat more masculine-seeming woman whatever she might appear as being. She would seem to be very well 'maintained', i.e. she would take good care of herself.

The Queen of wands would appear to be whatever role she was playing that day and the Queen of pentacles might not care so much about external beauty... not that she would be slovenly except in her reversed aspects.

Sever

well, for me, it differs from one deck to another which one I find the most beautiful.
Definitely agreed that the queen of cups is usually the most feminine.
Queen of pentacles might have nice clothes or nice objects surrounding her.
Queen of wands is the most lively.
Queen of swords is usually stern, but that doesn't always stop her from being beautiful.

MantraTarot

I read somewhere that the wands queen is thought to represent the more physically attractive woman while the swords is the smartest and the cups is the most nurturing and the coins is the most practical.

RiverSpirit

Sometimes it can help understand the personality traits of each suit with each queen who is beautiful in there own right... but with more contemporary characters

Consider the main characters in "Sex in the City", for example:

Samantha - Fire - Wands
Carrie - Earth - Pentacles
Miranda - Air - Swords
Charlotte - Water - Cups

If you know the show well, how could you not understand the characteristics and beauty of each queen?

Consider the main characters in the "Golden Girls"

Blanche - Fire - Wands
Sophia - Earth - Pentacles
Dorothy - Air - Swords
Rose - Water - Cups

It was the interaction of these four corners that made these shows a success....Interesting and fun to watch... Can you imagine how boring it would have been if there were only 4 Dorothy types On Golden Girls, instead of the mix?

meat

Queen of cups is more beautiful

queen of wands dresses wonderfully

queen of coins ugh, looks conservitive principal of a school

queen of swords old lady, like old

Ashtaroot

RiverSpirit said:
Sometimes it can help understand the personality traits of each suit with each queen who is beautiful in there own right... but with more contemporary characters

Consider the main characters in "Sex in the City", for example:

Samantha - Fire - Wands
Carrie - Earth - Pentacles
Miranda - Air - Swords
Charlotte - Water - Cups

If you know the show well, how could you not understand the characteristics and beauty of each queen?

Consider the main characters in the "Golden Girls"

Blanche - Fire - Wands
Sophia - Earth - Pentacles
Dorothy - Air - Swords
Rose - Water - Cups

It was the interaction of these four corners that made these shows a success....Interesting and fun to watch... Can you imagine how boring it would have been if there were only 4 Dorothy types On Golden Girls, instead of the mix?

That is great-I love that RiverSpirit...

Oddity

moonpixie said:
Hi, I was wondering what people thought each of the Queens own physical beauty was? Is there a Queen who is considered more beautiful than the others? Is there a Queen who is lacking in good physical features? If so, why?

From what I've read the QoC seems to be referred to as the most physically attractive; while in my own opinion I would suggest the Qos is the least attractive.

Any opinions?

Beauty and what's considered beautiful varies soooo much from person to person.

To me, the queens are more about personality traits and not about physical traits, unless you WANT them to indicate physical traits in others to look for - but you can't really use them to show both appearance and personality at the same time or you will end up with things like "nurturing women are the most beautiful" and "smart women are old and ugly" which makes no sense. ;)

But I'll play this game... what do I think the queen's beauty is... hmm...
I think all of them have beauty, but beauty in different ways. None lack good physical features. It depends on who is looking, too - different people will like different types of beauty. So no queen can be said to be "the most beautiful" because beauty is such a fluid thing.

In my mind though, this is how I see them:
Queen of Cups: Pretty and beautiful, in a conventional and very feminine way, maybe a bit girlish. Nobody can say she's not cute, but some people may think she is too sweet, too soft, maybe even a bit bland. Smiles a lot, is very charming. Of the four queens, she would be the most likely to be a model.

Queen of Wands: Radiant, flamboyant, people envy and admire her fabulous style. She's very good-looking, maybe not a "perfect beauty", but her charisma more than enough makes up for that. Very attractive and sexy. A lot of her beauty is in the way she moves and laughs and lives. She's just glowing from within.

Queen of Pentacles: Her beauty is the most physical and earthy. She's got curves, and all in just the right places. The old masters would have loved to paint her. Either that, or she could be sporty and well-muscled with an athletic body. In any case, she radiates health and feels good about herself and her body, and that's very attractive. And she's probably got great skin and fabulous, shiny hair too.

Queen of Swords: A cool, distanced, aristocratic beauty. Perfect elegance - a very sophisticated lady. Sort of the unattainable beauty, above anybody's league. Probably tall and thin, she could be a model but there is something a bit harder and sharper about her features than in the Queen of Cups. Or, she could have something masculine or androgynous about her, but still be very good-looking. People think she looks interesting and admire her from afar, but only the bravest dare approach her :)

Actually, I think the Queen of Swords would be the one I would find "most beautiful". But your tastes may vary ;)