Shoes and Tarot Cards

hunter

Is your shoe collection similar to your tarot collection?

I own 2 pairs of shoes; a pair of expensive hiking boots and a pair of cheap flip flops.

I own a RWS Tarot deck and a Medicine Cards Oracle Deck.

This is an off shoot for the "my deck" thread
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=113842

MysticalMoose

Yep! I own LOADS of shoes, posh going out shoes, all colours....some with stones & dangly bits (lol), smart heels for work in various colours to match my suits, everyday casual shoes, trainers for the gym, boxing boots for wearing with my joggers etc, furry boots in various colours for when its cold!, pairs of leather boots long & ankle & mid calf, wellie for walking the dog, & various unpractical but extremely glam & interesting footwear for ahem...fun.}).... Moving swiftly on.:rolleyes:..My Tarot/Oracle collection ~ numbers now around the 100 mark with a 60/40 split between the two. Ranging from the DruidCraft/Morgan Greer/MRP decks that I use all the time ~ to some fluffy saccarine sweet DV fairies that don't ever see the light of day, with lovely pretty impulse buys in between some of which turned out to be wonderful reading decks. So yes for me there is a similarity! :D:D:D

MM :p

Moonbow

Interesting thought :rolleyes:

So is the RWS deck comparable to your hiking boots, and the Medicine Cards to your flip flops?

I'm afraid I have more decks than shoes, but not as many decks as my husband has CDs so I feel I can justify it to myself. I'm not a collector of decks but I am an accumulator of them.

There is a saying that for every £1 spent on an outfit the wearer should wear it at least once. I figure that I have spent far more hours of pleasure with my decks than they have cost me. So life is Karmic. :)

SkadisPhoenix

I've only just started my tarot collection, so un-surprisingly, my tarot collection is a LOT smaller than my shoes collection. I have a feeling it's going to end up bigger though, as I only really wear my trainers or my warm fluffy slippers. I just hope that it doesn't get like my DVD collection, which is so big that my boyfriend literally just stopped and stared for about five minutes when he first saw it! :p :D

Manda

Nope, I have about five pairs of shoes, a good ol' pair of black Doc Martens, a pair of Birkenstock sandals for summer, those two suffice for just about everything, and some sneakers. I have one pair of fabulous Jimmy Choo silver sandal heels for dressing up, and black clogs for work. That's about it. I do however, have an ever growing deck collection, though I admittedly only read with one or two decks.

nisaba

hunter said:
Is your shoe collection similar to your tarot collection?
I can only say again:-

I own one pair of workboots (on my feet right now), a pair of ancient sneakers with holes in them that I've not got around to replacing, and one pair of closed-in flat black lace-up shoes for dressing up.

I have 2 pairs of jeans, and two pairs of black neutrally styled pants, two fancy colourful tee-shirts and a few other tee-shirts for general use.

Minimalist. Clothes are pretty irrelevant: they prevent you freezing to death in Winter, they prevent you being arrested for public nudity in summer. Shoes stop your feet burning on the pavement or getting cut up by broken glass on the roads.

Tarot decks, on the other hand ... After a lay-off of about six years during which my hostile partner threw out about half my collection of twenty-something decks leaving me with only eleven, I had to rebuild. Two people gave me copies of decks that had been disappeared from my collection either because they had duplicates or because they no longer enjoyed them, for which I am profoundly grateful. And as and when I've been able to afford it, I've been buying decks: ones I used to have, and ones I never had. I now have around twice as many as I had before the relationship and four times as many as I had a year and a half ago, so perhaps the dreadful times and the decimation of my collection was a blessing in disguise ...

I don't do minimalism in decks. I love the variety and richness of them. If I were to collect full-size artworks, in this house I could probably only hang six or so - a Tarot deck allows me to carry 78 in my handbag, and forty times that in a big basket. I don't do minimalism in decks, whereas clothes in general and shoes in particular are completely beside the point. I have as few as I can get away with, wear them until well after I've been walking on holes for months, and only grudgingly buy new. The money is better-spent and *much* more enjoyable on Tarot.

manda78

My shoes: One pair of loafers, one pair of flip flops (with an exactly matching back up pair, because the company went out of business) and two pairs of sneakers. Not much one to buy shoes excessively, but my Tarot collection is growing by the day.
Not only is Tarot more interesting, the art can hold my attention for hours.

hunter

Moonbow* said:
So is the RWS deck comparable to your hiking boots, and the Medicine Cards to your flip flops?

I think so :) One is the workhorse and the other tries hard to fill in any gaps, the workhorse cannot :)

nisaba

What on earth are flip-flops?????

hunter

Shower shoes, cheap rubber sandals.

You can buy nice, expensive ones, but my pair is just a cheap pair of rubber shower shoes my friend bought me while I was in the hospital, to keep me from getting athletes foot :)