Venus Retrograde

balenciaga

Ok, can someone enlighten me on this retrograde aspect - I am not familiar with what the effects of Venus appearing as if she stopped in mid-motion - does this mean no artistic or creative inspiration? (Oh no, not writer's block?!) Losing our muse??

afrosaxon

Venus is good for relationships, especially romantic ones. Venus rules Taurus (yay! :D) and imparts the affinity for sensuality and pleasure. In retrograde, it's similar to a Mercury retrograde (without all of the snafus) in that past relationships are of more importance.

From the New Moon Report on stariq.com:

Venus Retrograde
Friday, March 6

The planet of love and relationships' backward cycle will last until April 17, turning heads and hearts toward the past. Memories of old lovers and lost opportunities to connect are not meant to lock us into a world of nostalgic regret or idealistic adulation of what could have been. This is, rather, a second chance to make a fresh start within a current partnership or in pursuit of a new one. Venus spends almost all of this retrograde period in independent Aries, challenging our notions of what it takes to create and maintain a harmonious alliance.

From The Stars This Week on astrology.com:

March 6: Venus turns retrograde

On February 2, Venus entered bold Aries. Now this relationship planet turns retrograde in this fiery sign reminding you of matters of the heart that need to be kept on the radar for continued growth. These days, people are easy to find and, because this time is well known for being contacted by people from your past, don't be surprised to hear from past flames! Venus retrograde periods are valuable for the continued growth of a relationship. They help you take care of unfinished business and gain a deeper perspective on the status of your current relationships. Sometimes we need to reassess the state of our relationships to see if we are heart connected. If this period is unsettling, look to see if your relationships are in line with your ideals, your inner values, what you wish to receive. Venus ends her retrograde on April 17.

Hope this helps.

T.

.traveller.

Does this retrograde have any particular significance for someone who has Venus in Aries?

balenciaga

traveller: I do not know for sure, but I would assume it would.

Thanks, Afrosaxon, for posting the above info. I do not want to hear from past flames; I hope it is something else to do with a creative project (Paris shows open Mar. 5th!:love:)

afrosaxon

balenciaga said:
I do not want to hear from past flames; I hope it is something else to do with a creative project (Paris shows open Mar. 5th!:love:)

Well, this tidbit came to me today in an email:

Satisfaction in love may be delayed as romantic Venus turns retrograde today. We are inclined to reconnect with old friends or lovers and revisit moneymaking ideas that we once left behind until Venus goes direct again on April 17. :D

214red

Thanks T for again being our astrology oracle:)

i dont want any ex to come back, i want the new ones to come forward!!

Sophie

I have Venus in Aries, and the transitting Venus will conjunct my natal Venus on the 24th March, and again (when it is direct again), on the 12th May, both times in the 11th House. By the second conjunction, Mercury will be retrograde again, not too far away from my ascendent :laugh:

I will be interested to see how I am affected, both romantically and creatively - and also my finances!

afrosaxon

venus retrograde in your natal chart

I got this from an Astrology.com reading special newsletter :D It was cool to look at my natal chart and see how it may affect me (My natal Venus is in Taurus--my sun sign, which happens to be ruled by Venus--in my 11th House).

Although Venus turns retrograde once every 542 days or approximately 1 ½ years, it retrogrades in the same sign every 8 years. To understand how this period will affect you, think back to March and April of 2001 when Venus was retrograde in Aries the last time. Then, look at the house where Venus is in your natal chart to get a deeper understanding of how to utilize this period.

* First House: Reevaluate where you are going, how you look, and what you want to be like to attract another person into your life.
* Second House: Redo finances, look at your values around relationships, and see if what you are projecting is what you want to attract.
* Third House: Reconnect, reconfigure ideas, and repair broken relationships.
* Fourth House: Reconnect with family, security, and what makes you feel safe.
* Fifth House: Good things are ahead! Venus wants all the good things in life and the Fifth House is the house of fun, love and romance.
* Sixth House: Rethink your diet, health, and take a good look at what makes you feel worthwhile.
* Seventh House: Take extreme care with partnerships of all types.
* Eighth House: This is a time of true inner searching.
* Ninth House: Think about classes, school and your spiritual path, and make some wonderful leaps during this time.
* Tenth House: Reconnect with opportunities and people in your work life.
* Eleventh House: Reconnect with old friends and acquaintances, and whatever else gives you a sense of connection.
* Twelfth House: Go deeper within yourself. How do you think, and what does that thinking bring to you?

star-lover

Eighth House: This is a time of true inner searching.

venus rx falls on my 8th cusp and i find this to be true

the only place to be sometimes

:heart: