tarot readings, Is this your main job

Blackbird

Just wondering how mainy of us on here are full time readers, as in main job/ income, not phone readers just the old fashioned face to face readers, and doing parties.
I love it and wouldnt change it for anything. ok so iam not going to make a million, but iam happy, and with the uk credit crunch!! or is that now the world!! was just wondering how many can say the same! Is it not time to get out of the rat race, and do what you love doing,

nisaba

I'm working towards that, building towards having more day when I am present as a reader in different venues. Next month I'm also going to start a certificate IV in training and assessment, so that throutgh the community college and other adult education based institutions I'll be able to teach both Tarot and creative writing.

I'm living for the day when at last my income will wholly be derived from doing stuff I like and am good at.

Dancing Bear

It was my main job. and I loved it !!. I was doing about between 50 - 90 readings a week..
But this year i am having a break, i am still reading but not on the scale as i did last year.. this is by choice because i burnt out last year, and no wonder I was a yes girl and couldnt say No to someone who needed help..My health failed because of it....The demand is still most definately there and i could pick it up at anytime. But i will give it a miss this year.. just doing a couple a week is enough for me.. My medium side has taken over the tarot a bit more lately so to me this is the universe saying it is time to venture into new areas ..

I earn my main living now by looking after children , after school hours..
and being a Civil Celebrant.. the readings are my pocket money.. :D

'

It is a wonderful way of life to be a reader!

Alpha-Omega

Tarot is a part time job. However I devote my time fully. I would like to be a full time reader online one day.

Blackbird

I know just what you mean Dancing bear, it is my main job and i do love it, but it can get too much some weeks, and now the hen-party season has started, it has gone very busy, in fact thats where iam going in 10 mins,
to do 11 girls! least its in the afternoon today and i can have my saturday night free with the family,
And since this credit crunch thing has started, ive been more busy, has anyone eles found this too?

Logiatrix

alijay said:
tarot readings, Is this your main job
Yes. I read at MoonStone Wellness, in Chandler. I also help out with the retail part, and teach classes. I love that place!

PEACE,
Tauni

satinangel

*Raises hand* ~ Readings, face-to-face, at a coffee shop, fairs, parties and occasionally on the phone with private clients, is my only source of income. Not at a "full-time" hours, but working on it! :)

nisaba

I'm working towards getting to the point where it becomes a trust-able income for me. I have one regular day which is always good to me, and two half-days in a new venue where there has never been a reader before, so people aren't used to going in for a reading. The last fortnight, I've been doing a lot of chatting and smiling and handing out of business cards. Parties are harder - you really have to have a website, I think, it's been a couple of years since I did one. Loved it, though.

Nimbus

I just moved from a large city (pop. 1 million) to a somewhat small community of about 80,000 people with a very active Hutterite population. There is not one "new age" or "metaphysical" shope here in town, nor any tarot readers that I have found. Strangely enough, we do happen to have a couple of tattoo places and one funky jewellery shop. I have thought about approaching those places to see if they would like a complimentary reading and if it goes well maybe I can advertise in their shops on a bulletin board, or place fliers.

My goal has been to build up my face-to-face practice, but it has been hard as school has taken over my life and the recent move has been much harder on me than I had anticipated. I will simply give it more time and hopefully the tarot will develop into at least a part-time endeavor. I love my day job too much to ever give it up, plus the pay is great!

Orb Weaver

I'm just starting out. I want to read full-time, particularly on-line. I work during the summer and never am sure where I will be. I want to build up a winter clientel. I expect the process to take a while and refuse to get discouraged.