Tarot and Fishing . . .

thorhammer

. . . doesn't work :D or at least not for me.

But to the point of the story.

Last night, the BF and I went fishing in the Swan River, not far from his house. We packed a picnic dinner, a few drinks and all the gear, and I packed four decks, three books, a journal and a picnic blanket in leiu of a spread cloth.

Luckily, lots of people enjoying the river's many recreational joys were just leaving as we got to the little parking bay, so we parked the car and unloaded. It was a lovely night - Saturday, so not much traffic over the bridges, with a group of youths doing bomb-dives off the bridge into the water downstream of where we were to be fishing. We got to the train bridge, selected a pylon and settled ourselves in for the change of tide and sunset, which apparently is the best time to catch bream.

We'd been there about five minutes when two of the teenagers, both young girls, who'd been swimming came past and struck up a conversation. Turned out that they were sneaking in a smoke, and their little brother didn't know they smoked so they had to linger a little before going home LOL. The louder girl saw me shuffling the Faeries Oracle and said, "Are they Tarot cards??" and promptly wanted a reading - about her boyfriend, of course :laugh: I quickly switched to the Thoth and read her cards - nothing of note, the usual teenage hormonal stuff. Turned out they'd been "dating since Thursday, so it's going well".

LOL.

The second girl, a little quieter and with better manners, then took her turn (after pushing her mate into the river, which was highly amusing). Another boyfriend, this one a long-time inmate of 8 months. Much more interesting reading. Sadly, they were in a hurry as the light was failing, and I couldn't sit and talk with them more about it. The second reading was really very intriguing. I wish we could have chatted more.

After they left, BF said, "You know you just made their night? They'll go home and be all, 'Guess what just happened to US??' and they won't shut up about it all night!"

They made my night, too. I hope it happens again. We'll be going fishing again soon LOL

\m/ Kat

Sagefire

What a fantastic chance encounter! :D Sounds like everyone had a little fun. Now I want to fish.

thorhammer

Sagefire said:
What a fantastic chance encounter! :D Sounds like everyone had a little fun. Now I want to fish.
LOL I don't know about that . . . maybe just hang out near your local fishing spot, with a picnic blanket to make you look innocent and harmless :)

And take insect repellant ;)

\m/ Kat

littlestar

Sounds like in turned out to be a fantastic night, but not if you wanted to fish of course lol

Jyscal

Well done thorhammer! Something similiar happened to me on the bus home when i showed him my Nonny Cards. He wanted a reading right there and then, but it would have been a bit difficult with only the two cards. Im sure you made them really happy and gave them something exciting to talk about!

Baroli

Darn!!! Oh don't get me wrong, I am glad for your success in reading for strangers, but,............I was hoping you would relate a story about how you used the Tarot as a fishfinder.

Next time you go fishing, try using the Tarot to locate fish. :D

thorhammer

Thanks, Jyscal! :)
Baroli said:
Darn!!! Oh don't get me wrong, I am glad for your success in reading for strangers, but,............I was hoping you would relate a story about how you used the Tarot as a fishfinder.

Next time you go fishing, try using the Tarot to locate fish. :D
We tried. That is, the line was tight but BF couldn't say if it was the tide or a nibble as bream are so touchy, so I asked the Thoth deck.

Princess of Disks.

Go figure. If you can read that, good on you. Made zero sense to me.

\m/ Kat

morticia monroe

Most excellent! A truly wonderful experience, and who knows, one or both girls may have been inspired to pick up decks of their own.

Baroli

thorhammer said:
Thanks, Jyscal! :)
We tried. That is, the line was tight but BF couldn't say if it was the tide or a nibble as bream are so touchy, so I asked the Thoth deck.

Princess of Disks.

Go figure. If you can read that, good on you. Made zero sense to me.

\m/ Kat

Princess of Disks. Hmmmm if I were fishing,...........I see myself standing on the bow with my pole looking down in front and to my right. I think you were right there , but needed to cast lines front and to the right.

Just my take,.... :D

moderndayruth

Great story, Kat, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
thorhammer said:
Princess of Disks.

\m/ Kat

He, he - i think she stood for your reading, mind (from the Book of Thoth): "She bears within her body the secret of the future" ; and the card is related to Yi Jing's 31st Hexagram, Hsien, where the Image is:

A lake on the mountain:
The image of influence.
Thus the superior man encourages people to approach him
By his readiness to receive them.

Makes sense to me! :D