tarot cards shops in New York

Topaz1911

Hi everyone,
I'll be visiting New York on may 21th, and I hope you can give me some adresses of stores where I can buy Tarot decks.
a new age store or esoteric one?
Can anyone help me?
Love - topaz1911

Hathor

Topaz1911 said:
Hi everyone,
I'll be visiting New York on may 21th, and I hope you can give me some adresses of stores where I can buy Tarot decks.
Can anyone help me?
Love - topaz1911

I highly recommend you stop by to:

EAST WEST LIVING
78 5th Ave
(between 13th St & 14th St)
New York, NY 10011
(212) 243-5994

East West is a large and brilliant spiritual store between Union Square and the Flatiron District. Books on every world religion and philosophy, DVDs, CDs, Yoga supplies, Tarot decks, Incense, music, and a nice cafe on the 2nd floor. Great to spend an afternoon browsing, it's relaxing just being there. I think you will enjoy it.

Hathor

Also if you find yourself in Greenwich Village, you can stop by at:

Stick, Stone, and Bone
111 Christopher Street
New York, NY
(212) 807-7024

It's a small shop but lots of fun ! They have all kinds of sacred statues, hindu, egyptian, etc. Crystals, Jewelry, Incense, Dream Catchers, Books, Medicine Bags, Tarot decks, etc.

Topaz1911

Thank you so much! I will visit those shops nad I'll tell you about it when I'll be back home.
Love - topaz1911

celticnoodle

Topaz1911 said:
Hi everyone,
Can anyone help me?
Love - topaz1911
NY is a big state though, and it really depends on where in NY you will be! I bet though, you will be going to NY City--the biggest tourist attraction in NY--is this correct? I live in NY too--but a good 4hr. drive to NYC.

Hathor

celticnoodle said:
NY is a big state though, and it really depends on where in NY you will be! I bet though, you will be going to NY City--the biggest tourist attraction in NY--is this correct? I live in NY too--but a good 4hr. drive to NYC.

Wow, you're right ! I just assumed it would be New York City, but I could be so wrong. Silly me...

Topaz1911

New York

No, I'll be visiting New York City, for the first time!
I live in Europe and I was looking for bookstores which have Tarot Cards and of course , books!
I'll be staying in Chelsea, so thanks for the adresses, I'm sure I'll like it there.

BlueBird5

If those store dont carry the books you are looking for... try the lcoal Border's Bookstore. To check for locations.. www.Borders.com

That's where I get most of my Tarot decks and books.

Welcome to New York!!

Aulruna

Hi Topaz,

if you live in the Netherlands, I doubt you will find much in NYC you haven't already seen at home!

However, you need to check out

The Quest Bookshop
240 E. 53rd St.
(bet. 2nd & 3rd Ace)
New York, NY 10022
http://www.questbookshop.com

Ask for Enrique and say you're from AT :D

Kgirl

Just thought I'd revive this thread ... I'm heading to NY in Aug/Sep this year. Are there any locals here that can recommend a good tarot store in New York city? Any new stores that have popped up since 2009?