Chattanooga, TN metaphysical-type shops?

LavenderLibra

I don't know why I didn't think to post this here earlier. We are leaving in a few minutes for a quick trip to the used bookstore in Chattanooga, and wondered where some metaphysical-type shops/bookstores are there. I've been searching for ages...I'm not familiar with the area, and don't know where they are, are which are worth the trip. (I only know of some in the Middle TN area).

Any help would be appreciated; if not for this trip, for the next.

I'd love to look at selections of cards & whatnot without going to a chain bookstore.

** TIA! **
**~LL~**

Disa

I'm going up to Chattanooga in a couple of weeks and was hoping to get some recommendations, as well. I know this thread is pretty old, but figured I'd just ask again here, rather than starting a new thread. I found "The Arcanaeum" in an online search, but there isn't a website or much information about it. Anyone familiar with that store? Any others? Anything close to where the Aquarium is?

Also found this http://www.mysticmodes.com/Arcana.php

Thanks!

LavenderLibra

I had not heard of this place! I looked it up on Mapquest, and it is .88 miles from the Tennessee Aquarium, you go across the bridge. Depending on traffic, I guess, it says 3 minutes! If you visit, please share feedback on what you thought! :)

Disa

Well, we are back from our trip. We did stop by Mystic Modes as it was actually on our way to the hotel- 4 miles from it!

What a lovely little store! It's in a house with a beautifully welcoming front porch. Every inch of the inside is so beautifully decorated with attention given to every detail.

The store mostly consists of vintage clothing, purses, shoes, jewelry with a small room devoted to the metaphysical. It's all very well organized and just "pretty". (I can't really find another way to describe it.) There are several little reading nooks, tables, chairs, etc tucked away inside. I didn't really buy anything as the metaphysical shops here are much, much larger and I think I have everything I need- but the things they have on offer are interesting and probably many are made either in the store or locally (the oil blends, etc.)

I would definitely recommend it as a place to stop if anyone is around the Chattanooga area. I'm not much of a vintage clothing connoisseur, but for people who are into that- they had a pretty good selection of stuff.

Disa

Heading up to Chattanooga for a short getaway and thought I'd ask if anyone knew of any other stores around the area.

Disa

double posted, please delete