Oils? Stones?

superhp

Start with oils first. Wanting to cleanse my primary deck but without the "stuffiness" of incense or smudges (the boyfriend has such a delicate sense of smell). Which, if any, lightly-scented oils would be good for this or should I just tell the silly boy to suck it up for a little while? =P

Second item -- stones! More for aesthetic appeal, I spruced up my plants with stones (and shells!) around their bases. Their growth has been exponential since that point without my changing their watering or repotting them!! Is there a correlation between the stones and growth? Is there anyone who might be able to help me identify the stones?! Would love to be able to investigate this matter more.

Grigori

superhp said:
Start with oils first. Wanting to cleanse my primary deck but without the "stuffiness" of incense or smudges (the boyfriend has such a delicate sense of smell). Which, if any, lightly-scented oils would be good for this or should I just tell the silly boy to suck it up for a little while? =P

Bergamot is very light and agreeable, and a good cleansing oil. Citrus but not too sweet, so quite unisex also :)

Oddity

I've heard you can cleanse just about anything with salt, and that cleansing with salt is one of the most powerful ways to do it.

Also, no smell at all! :)

sagewriter

I have heard about crystals positive effect on plant growth. I am not sure which ones in particular though. Plain quartz would be a safe bet I assume! I have a few crystals that I haven't bonded with and a new herb window box, so I may try this out!

Does anyone know which stones work best?

superhp

Thanks much for the help, slmilla! Bergamot just sounds interesting. Looked up quickly more information on it -- wow!! Seems to be a very calming oil. On the subject of oils, had no idea they could be so versatile and healing! Until recently, the thought of burning oils or using them as part of a regimen hadn't crossed my mind. May have more questions in days to come. =)

superhp

And now a salt question! Would you bury your deck in it?

superhp

Here, let me include descriptions of the stones and which plants their with:

1. Japanese Money Tree paired with two smooth/round black stones with hints of a deeply colored red and bright blue or white and a grey stone striated with black and small celtic knot carved into it. Three stones total.

2. Hedra Ivy paired with four stones total. The first two I believe is amethyst -- bright purple flecked and striated with white. Third one is off-white/beige/cream. Last one is colored a bit like pink lemonade with splotches of red-orange and a black striation.

3. Seedling Sage Plant paired with two white shells that I found which look like clam shells, but I don't think clams really run amok in my neck of the woods.

Any of this ringing a bell?

Oddity

superhp said:
And now a salt question! Would you bury your deck in it?
I guess you could put the deck in a box of salt, so it's surrounded by it on all sides. That should give it a very thorough cleansing, if it is what it needs.
I've also heard to sprinkle salt water (just a little!) on the deck. And you can put a little salt in the place where you store the deck, if you like.
Whatever method you're most comfortable with.

I don't feel the need to cleanse my deck very often, but when I need to cleanse anything I mostly use incense, herbs or salt, because it feels more fresh and clean. I don't like oils for the sticky feeling they sometimes leave. But everyone likes different things.

mingbop

I would spread the deck out on a sunny windowsill and let it sit there through 3 suns and 3 moons. That's all I do, but only very very occasionally needs it.

Ambrosia

mingbop said:
I would spread the deck out on a sunny windowsill and let it sit there through 3 suns and 3 moons. That's all I do, but only very very occasionally needs it.

Wow! Did you not find your cards fading in the sun? I would be far too worried about that to attempt it.

As far as oils go, I wouldnt put essential oils directly on the cards as they can interact with the coating and ruin the finish.
You could put the deck in a closed box with a scrap of cloth with some EOs sprinkled onto it, shuffle every so often until the cards have absorbed the fragrance, topping up the drops on the cloth as needed.
Its your intent that cleanses your deck (in a spiritual way) rather than actually putting EOs directly on the deck, but the fumes from essential oils while vapourising do have antiseptic and cleansing properties.
You could also burn oils in a tealight burner and hold each card in the vapour (which wont harm them), and say some kind of affirmation or somesuch if you like, though this doesnt fragrance the cards so much if that was what you were wanting.

Good luck :)