PDA

View Full Version : Storing Crystals

Briar Rose
18-03-2009, 08:49
There is a huge thread now on ,' how do you store your decks' . So it got me thinking today to separate my rough cut Crystals from the polished ones. And I am glad I did. All stones looked drained, and beat up. Looks like I have to revive them.

So, how do you store your Crystals?

I have some in bowls, and some in abalone shells, cocnut shells, and on a shelf.

Simsy
18-03-2009, 09:06
There is a huge thread now on ,' how do you store your decks' . So it got me thinking today to separate my rough cut Crystals from the polished ones. And I am glad I did. All stones looked drained, and beat up. Looks like I have to revive them.

So, how do you store your Crystals?

I have some in bowls, and some in abalone shells, cocnut shells, and on a shelf.

i have mine on the top of my chest of drawer. some are loose and some are in a container

I really should invest in some containers (ceramic ones) but i cannot afford it at the moment

Simsy

edit: I try to get healing wands and raw stones than tumbled stones these days as i have so many tumbled stones its unbelievable

Ambrosia
18-03-2009, 09:09
I cant post any pics at this stage unfortunately, but I have a flat wooden box with a clear lid, which has several compartments which I store my crystals and stones in by colour and type, (ie rough, tumbled etc), and is great for viewing them without getting dusty etc.
My more beautiful specimens, such as spheres, seer stones and wands are desplayed throughout my home on special stands and lightboxes.

Good thread. :)

lark
18-03-2009, 09:18
I've already posted these sometime ago..and I've moved things around a little since then...but all my crystals are always out and displayed in some fashion.

Briar Rose
18-03-2009, 10:11
Really beautiful Lark. Inspiring.

I love everyone's post. When everyone gets a chance post some pics.

awookie
18-03-2009, 10:15
mine are placed in this box below but the inlay is red.
http://www.shopategypt.com/store/images/motherofpearljewelrybox01b.jpg

BodhiSeed
18-03-2009, 10:35
My "walk-around" stones (that I often slip in a pocket) are kept in an oak box with a batik cloth inset in the top that used to belong to my grandmother. My other stones that I've collected over the years I keep in a hardware storage cabinet (like you would keep screws, nails, and bolts in). I came up with this after I kept confusing a lot of my stones that looked alike. Now I have a few in each drawer (lined with felt) with a label identifying what's in each little pull-out box. It is similar to these in this link:
http://www.oodle.com/detail/WISE-NEW-parts-craft-hardware-storage-16-drawer-cabinet/1259205828/usa/

Simsy
18-03-2009, 19:47
I cant post any pics at this stage unfortunately, but I have a flat wooden box with a clear lid, which has several compartments which I store my crystals and stones in by colour and type, (ie rough, tumbled etc), and is great for viewing them without getting dusty etc.
My more beautiful specimens, such as spheres, seer stones and wands are desplayed throughout my home on special stands and lightboxes.

Good thread. :)

was thinking about getting one of those plastic boxes to put the crystals in ambrosia... i was wondering where can i get one.

Simsy

Ambrosia
18-03-2009, 21:37
was thinking about getting one of those plastic boxes to put the crystals in ambrosia... i was wondering where can i get one.

Simsy

Hmm, mine is wooden with compartments and a clear lid. Im afraid I cant help with where to get one as it was a gift.
I will ask when I see them again, though I have a feeling it was handmade here in NZ.

Simsy
18-03-2009, 21:47
Hmm, mine is wooden with compartments and a clear lid. Im afraid I cant help with where to get one as it was a gift.
I will ask when I see them again, though I have a feeling it was handmade here in NZ.

ah ok fair enough ambrosia... thanks for your help in this regard... sounds like a beautuful box to have around..

Simsy

diane drizzy
18-03-2009, 23:58
In a bowl on a table. Most of my stones are tumble cut.

EarthFaery
19-03-2009, 00:51
These have been fun to read and look at!

Mine are all parked on my alter, most are all together on plates.

I have a plate that I keep all my crystal balls and tumbled stones on, and some rough, the stones get changed around every week when I clean the table, all placed intuitively, I never know exactly what it will look like till I'm done. (it's one of my favorite things to do) This one was just done yesterday.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/astrochart/DSCI0378.jpg

The other plates have very small tumbled stones and double as candle wax catchers.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/astrochart/DSCI0374.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/astrochart/DSCI0375.jpg (blurry)

The chunks I have just sitting around the table and they change position regularly.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/astrochart/DSCI0376.jpg

Here's the mother of all my crystals. It's my favorite!
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/astrochart/DSCI0377.jpg

I've been on the hunt for the perfect table for them, I don't like the glass top and being able to see everything underneath it.

morticia monroe
19-03-2009, 02:31
I love looking at the pics. I'll post a few later.

sagewriter
19-03-2009, 03:17
My favourites are in the living room inside a little cloth dish thing that once held bath products.

My 2 clusters are in a wooden bowl and in need of a dust!

My small stones are in a wooden cutlery tray on a shelf that the cats love to tred in (hence the cathairs).

My larger stones are placed either side of the tray on the shelf.

My other points and chunks are scattered around the house.

Simsy
19-03-2009, 04:34
I love looking at the pics. I'll post a few later.

i agree with such pretty crystals no wonder i am in such a calm relaxed state :)

Simsy

Ambrosia
19-03-2009, 07:30
ah ok fair enough ambrosia... thanks for your help in this regard... sounds like a beautuful box to have around..

Simsy

You're welcome Simsy. I will try to do some digging around the net and see if I can find anything similar for you.

Briar Rose
19-03-2009, 10:25
Everyone's Crystals are so very beautiful. I also find it very soothing to look at the pretty photo's.

I really want to make some time tomorrow to try and recharge the tumbled Crystals. They looked drained when I separated them from the rough cuts.

Here's the points. They could use some reviving too!

Briar Rose
20-03-2009, 06:16
Where did everybody go?

Cystals are the most amazing wonder the Earth gives us. They can heal, restore, cleanse and purify us. They make us happy. Every culture, in all walks of life has used Crystals to symbolize importance of many things.

I wanted to share what's dear to my heart. :heart:

Briar Rose
20-03-2009, 12:23
This is what I mined when I lived in Texas. It's called Llanite, from Llano Texas, outside of Austin. It's granite with blue quatz crystals. It's beautiful.

Llano Texas is the only place in the world were you can find the blue quartz crystals in the granite. At least that is what my geology professor old us.

This piece is heavy and I have to store it on the floor because I wouldn't want the pets to knock it off a shelf and get hurt.

BlueBird5
20-03-2009, 12:33
That's beautiful... HV..

Here's where I put my Amethyst point on my tarot reading desk... ;)

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff149/BlueBird5_2007/ANNA_K_01_small.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff149/BlueBird5_2007/Crystals_01_small.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff149/BlueBird5_2007/Crystals_02_small.jpg

morticia monroe
21-03-2009, 00:31
OOooo,, I've never seen Llanite..it's outstanding!

Beautiful amethyst, Bb, and I love the smoky quartz.

Briar Rose
21-03-2009, 06:47
Here's the same bowl, cleansed and recharge

It really does make a difference.

BlueBird5
21-03-2009, 06:53
nice..! whats that Aqua Blue (Top picture, left, just below the solid white). That one catches my eyes... :)

Briar Rose
21-03-2009, 06:56
Turquoise

morticia monroe
21-03-2009, 06:58
Nice, HV! They do look more awake now! :)

nice..! whats that Aqua Blue (Top picture, left, just below the solid white). That one catches my eyes... :)

My guess would be chrysocolla.

morticia monroe
21-03-2009, 07:01
Turquoise

MMM, Nice. I love turquoise.

I'm on my way to take some pics, HV.....:)

Briar Rose
21-03-2009, 07:15
I think you are correct. It is Chrysocolla. I looked it up in my book;
The Illustrated Guide to Crystals by Judy Hall.
I matched up my piece of the right(polished) with Judy's on the left (rough cut).

I am glad you cleared this up. thank you :heart:

HearthCricket
21-03-2009, 11:15
My crystals are fairly scattered about. As beautiful as they are, most are also working tools for me. Some are on my altar, my bedside table, my reading space, my computer area, for meditation, and those not being used are kept behind glass on my bookshelves. But here are some pictures, including the labyrinth I created last May. I also tend to separate darker stones from lighter ones so when I go to use one I know where to find it!

HearthCricket
21-03-2009, 11:24
And sometimes they are not at all for me, but for the Fae!

morticia monroe
21-03-2009, 11:37
HC is that desert (picture) jasper in the center of the labyrinth? It's lovely.

HearthCricket
21-03-2009, 11:39
HC is that desert (picture) jasper in the center of the labyrinth? It's lovely.

I was told it was Landscape Jasper. I believe it is very similar, but from a different vein that had never been found. It was my husband's anniversary gift to me, last May. Now it is on my altar!

morticia monroe
21-03-2009, 11:47
Oh I just love it. Beautiful, beautiful piece.

A man with an eye like that is a keeper. :)

HearthCricket
21-03-2009, 11:50
Oh I just love it. Beautiful, beautiful piece.

A man with an eye like that is a keeper. :)

LOL My eye, his wallet! :D But I will keep him!!

morticia monroe
21-03-2009, 12:14
LOL My eye, his wallet! :D My favorite system! It's great when it works like that. You home looks peaceful and light. Very welcoming.

I took some pics and loaded them to the computer, but it's been crashing lately and going reaaallly sllloooww.
I just tried to upload a photo to photobucket and got an error message and direct linking from my folders isn't working.

I just love looking at these photos.

Heaven's Vault, there are supposedly two mines in your state, both in the same town, where you can dig flourite diamonds, calcite, and celestite. You might want to look in to that. :) PM me and I'll tell you where.

Briar Rose
22-03-2009, 10:59
I remember a friend telling me he spent the whole day digging for flourite and then gave up. A couple came by and was digging in his spot and within 15 minutes pulled out a HUGE flourite. Oh I am so on it to go! PM is going to be sent.

Nice photo's HC. Very vibrant Crystals.

Today I went to the meta shop in Great Barrington and got some Crystals, and one of them is Magnesite (citron). I love the buttery feeling of this mat stone.

It wasn't listed in the Judy Hall's Illustrated Crystal's book. I'll have to look it up in Melody's book. Every Crystal in the world is in there.

Anyway, I just took a pic for ya'll.

Scorpio Kitten
22-07-2009, 13:01
I keep my smaller stones in several boxes, like with like. All of my polished spheres and larger specimens are on a shelf on my bedroom wall - cuz they're purrty!

Briar Rose
22-07-2009, 15:31
Thank you for revamping this thread, Scorpio Kitten. It is very uplifting on a rainy night.

allecto
23-07-2009, 14:55
Just found this thread and have really enjoyed the pictures - I thought my collection was getting out of hand but I see I'm just a beginner!

Just wondering- I see a lot of you keep your stones quite mixed. Do you think about compatibility when you put crystals together? Is it possible to create an overload if there are too many together? I read somewhere that you shouldn't wear too many different stones at once for this reason... But I guess it's really about what feels right, right?

And while I'm thinking about it, I've been meaning to ask for a while - do you do anything in particular to protect stones you're carrying during the day? I have a citrine tumble that I've had in my pocket for a while and there seem to be some chips appearing on the surface. Do you put them in a bag or anything?

Scorpio Kitten
24-07-2009, 01:40
On the rare occasions that I carry my stones with me I usually keep them in a small cloth pouch. While this protects them from any damage it also works to keep me from losing them throughout the day.

Also, while storing them I try to keep like with like. I keep all my tiger's eye stones together, all my quartz together, all my amethyst pieces together and so on. As for smaller stones that I only have one or two of, I keep those in a larger box in tiny individual plastic pouches that you can find at craft stores. The bags are about 1" x 2", and I write the names of the stones on them. I don't know that plastic is necessarily the best material to prevent their energies from intermingling, but I haven't had a problem with this system so far. Ideally I would have them in tiny cloth pouches, but the plastic ones are more economical.

Elven
24-07-2009, 01:48
Lark - the fae dish with the crystals is beautiful!

I bought a 5 tier galss octagonal display cabinet from a shop that was closing down to store my crystals in. I put other jewellery and bit in with them. For the first time they are displayed 'noice' instead of just stored in a box or collecting dust somewhere ...

There are some beautiful displays and crystals in the threads!

Cheers
Elven x

lark
24-07-2009, 02:58
Lark - the fae dish with the crystals is beautiful!
Thank you Elven my son bought that dish for me...so it's very dear to my heart....I thought what better to store in it than all my smaller crystals.

We'd love to see a picture of your new cabinets all loaded with crystal bet it's lovely. :)

Ange
12-08-2009, 07:43
Mine are in a little velvet bag that I bought them in....don't really know what to do with them, whether I should keep them with me, or leave them in the house somewhere...
Ang x

Madison_Mayfair
27-11-2009, 08:50
I store mine in a soapstone box carved with the tree of life. It's a lovely box and I think my crystals love it there - I've only had positive experiences from them so far..:)

Morgane_49
30-11-2009, 14:46
I have a large glass bowl full of gemstones - the size that I grab and run with at times! They've been mistaken for candy on one occasion!

Then, you might find a piece of tree agate in the pot of an ailing plant around here, and my large clusters are all over the place.

Occasionally, you might find one inside my pillow case, and you will certainly find one in every tarot bag with every deck that I use on a regular basis!

Ethereal_Phoenix
24-12-2009, 02:23
I have a double sided wooden box, on one side I keep my tarot and on the other I keep all my smaller rough and tumbled stones. Then on my altar I keep the larger chunks like Amethyst and Crystal clusters. :)

CrystalKeeper
29-12-2009, 09:55
Yeah.. I'm like Phoenix. I keep my Crystal in a Yucatani puzzle box with an eagle on the lid. I always store my crystals and stones in wood unless I am charging them in the sun/moon for something. I have always felt that crystals need to be grounded with earth components and stored in wood (rather than cloth, water, glass, metal, or left in open air). I wonder if anyone with formal training thinks that this is important for crystal healing??

Puppet Master
29-12-2009, 13:37
I keep almost all but my Amber stones in the dragon box pictured below the ambers container is next to it. Would keep it with the others but there's just too many.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/DragonWolfJD/IM000001-2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/DragonWolfJD/IM000002-1.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/DragonWolfJD/IM000003-1.jpg

Also keep a few other stones next to my bed since I heard they were associated with vivid dreaming and dream recall seem to work pretty well.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/DragonWolfJD/IM000004-2.jpg

Le Fanu
04-01-2010, 08:39
I have a beautful black marble bowl which I found in an interior design shop. I don't have many crystals, but the few I have just captivate me. A favourite recent acquisition is a quartz crystal sculpted into the shape of two crossed Dortje Wands (like the two of Wands from the Thoth) which I bought at the rock fair here in Lisbon last month. I love having this nearby when reading...

Morgane_49
04-01-2010, 13:43
Oh, we just bought a beautiful teak log with a swivel top on it to store our gemstones in! It's gorgeous!

Briar Rose
05-01-2010, 16:21
I like to keep all my crystals in something that has an open top, like a glass bowl, and oneof those abalone seashells. I have a wood dish with inlayed abalone of some kind.

minrice
09-02-2010, 10:10
What a cool thread, I enjoyed looking at everyone's pretties!
Mine are scattered all over this wooden shelf in my reading/sewing room. Some are in shells and others are in a glass votive holder. Tomorrow I'll try and post some pics.